Newcastle United 2-1 Doncaster Rovers - 24/10/09 - post match reaction from p20

PM

Its probably more of a case of us not playing to the guys strengths, more than him being completely awful.

He doesnt suit how we're playing right now atall, thats the problem.

Disagree. Even when he has the ball at his feet he can't trap it or control it and even given the long ball tactics, given his size and build, he doesn't even compete in the air. He has very little in terms of any sort of ability imo. I'm sure he'll net the odd one if the others are picked/play well but he's last ditch if you ask me. Ranger has these qualities in abundance and can't get a start ahead of him. Shocking. He offers nothing that Carroll, Lovenkrands or Ameobi does. Believe it are not I like to be able to see positives in a player but Harewood's proving to be like a magic eye picture right now.

Hughton's reaction:

"We've been through all the emotions so to end the game like that was incredible."

"It was a poor start and I was disappointed with the first-half performance.

"But credit to the lads, the second-half was much better and we got an excellent equaliser through Andy Carroll.

"They then get a penalty and you think it's not going to be your day.

"But that feeling of relief when they miss gave us a huge lift.

"Zurab's sending off I'll have to have another look at, but after that you're thinking the game is heading for a draw.

"But what a feeling it was to see Kevin Nolan's goal and I was delighted for the boys; they were magnificent and deserved the win."

He's a squad player and should've been from the start...from what i've seen he's a last resort

From what I've seen he's been first choice.

You misunderstand, maybe I should've put it as 'from what i've seen of his ability he should be a last resort and should always have been'

Positives- Great game for entertainment, Harewood has been found out.

Negatives- Our performance didn't improve.

Harper- 7 Made a couple of smart stops

Raylor- 7 Looked threatning from dead balls.

Kish- 5 Never really took command.

Kadar- 5 Looked naive but showed composure at times.

Enrique- 6 Didn't link up well with Jonas but did make a few decent runs on his own.

Guthrie- 7 Our best player when on the ball, his best performance for us this season despite being out of position.

Nolan- 7 Great winner but still lacks alot in our build up play and general balance.

Butt- 5 Apart from some good interceptions he gave the ball away far too much.

Jonas- 5 Frustrating until we equalised and then showed some improvement.

Carroll- 7 Great take for the goal, should have scored sooner, a work in progress.

Harewood- 5 Looked surprisingly slugish, barely did anything positive IMO.

Ranger- 7 Made an impact with his pace and brightness.

Fkn hell man its football, can't always be good pretty football, its results that count, we won go back top 2 points clear CHEER THE FK UP!!

You say this but if we don't start improving quick, were going to not be as lucky today and we'll lose more than we win.

Fkn hell man its football, can't always be good pretty football, its results that count, we won go back top 2 points clear CHEER THE FK UP!!

You say this but if we don't start improving quick, were going to not be as lucky today and we'll lose more than we win.

Evey game is different man, we won thats ALL that matters in the end.

I agree we need to improve but that will come with the return of Colo & Tqaylor and Hughton seeing Ranger has to start.

Evey game is different man, we won thats ALL that matters in the end.

I agree we need to improve but that will come with the return of Colo & Tqaylor and Hughton seeing Ranger has to start.

Let's hope we get our players back and dont lose anymore, and yeah, lets hope CH can realise Harewood  hasn't worked and has the balls to bench him now and go with Ranger.

Doesn't deserve to be booed like but he's aptly atrocious

The booing was frustration from certain people in the crowd, I didn't boo him but a lot of people thought he deserved it and I can understand that.  I'm not sure what good booing will do as it'll just knock any confidence that Harewood has and we'll still need to use him while he's here.

I can never see the point of that, he's not shit on purpose anyway.

I admire your optimism and can see where you're coming from but the big picture isn't very pretty at all. We're top and that'll paper over the cracks for the time being but this club is in the shit.

We're a million miles from having a premiership standard squad and if we do fluke promotion this year we'll still need a dozen new players to even compete the following year.

Thought the booing of harewood was harsh.

I don't like booing of players.

I have nothing against it at all if its justified. Some of these players just swan around not giving a shit and think they can turn in wank performances every week. Someone has to tell them its not on as it certainly won't be Hughton.

Guest michaelfoster

Did ''Collingwood Insurance Company Limited'' make a man of the match decision today? I didn't hear it

Kevin Nolan

I have nothing against it at all if its justified. Some of these players just swan around not giving a s*** and think they can turn in w*** performances every week. Someone has to tell them its not on as it certainly won't be Hughton.

I doubt the players base their performances on getting told off by the fans

Their goal came from him booting it up the line instead of kicking it into touch, no?

Harewood got really annoyed at him for that. Pretty sure we conceded similarly when Enrique did that against QPR