Ashley to keep club, put £20m in and consider stadium naming rights

Ashley17

I hope that this latest set of decisions represents him facing up to the situation and showing a willingness to stick with his job through thick and thin, despite media pressure and public unpopularity. Time will tell on that.

Like in January when announced his commitment again?

Like in May when he heralded Shearer as his only correct decision?

The man gets up in the morning and depending what mood he's in makes another crass decision, having any hope or faith in him is absolute lunacy.

Yup, that ship sailed along time ago.  Its easy to blather on saying he is investing 20 mil into the club but unless I see the first team stregnthend its just hot air and more of the same crap.

I still cant understand why Llambias is still their given his repuation with the fans.  If he is turning the corner then Llambias should be the first out of the door.

Well you're right about Keegans appointment. It was an ill thought out desperate attempt to get the fans on side and bring back days that were long gone. The club had changed, football had changed and Keegan had changed. Anyone with a degree if sense could see it would end badly. Adding Wise and stooges simply pressed the fast forward button to the inevitable.

Rubbish. All of it, but then you booed at consecutive top 5 finishes so it's hardly a surprise you don't have a clue.

Well you're right about Keegans appointment. It was an ill thought out desperate attempt to get the fans on side and bring back days that were long gone. The club had changed, football had changed and Keegan had changed. Anyone with a degree if sense could see it would end badly. Adding Wise and stooges simply pressed the fast forward button to the inevitable.

Rubbish. All of it, but then you booed at consecutive top 5 finishes so it's hardly a surprise you don't have a clue.

Come on every could see it would end badly with Keegan's return. We just didn't see it ending this badly

Ignore him, he's got geniune problems.

Guest Brazilianbob

Why is everyone assuming this is Ashley's idea?  He owns the club true, but he has appointed a managing director, Derek Llambias to run the club.  If Ashley was going to make all these decisions why waste his money on appointing Llambias to run the club.  In my opinion this smacks of a Llambias idea.

Can't see how anyone can disagree, in hindsight, that the Keegan situation was a disaster. At the time I was a bit carried away with the hype though, must admit.

Don't you understand that nobody has said it wasn't a disaster?

Keegan should have been backed and allowed to manage the team. He wasn't and that's why we are as shite as we are now. Now can you work out for yourself why it went wrong?

Can't see how anyone can disagree, in hindsight, that the Keegan situation was a disaster. At the time I was a bit carried away with the hype though, must admit.

Keegan should have been backed and allowed to manage the team. He wasn't and that's why we are as s**** as we are now. Now can you work out for yourself why it went wrong?

:lol:

Keegan should have been backed and allowed to manage the team. He wasn't and that's why we are as s**** as we are now. Now can you work out for yourself why it went wrong?

Huh? You seemed to be saying it wasn't an ill thought out decision. I just took that to mean you thought it was a good idea... sorry if not.

I'm fully aware why it went wrong, that's why I'm saying it was a mistake. 

Huh? You seemed to be saying it wasn't an ill thought out decision. I just took that to mean you thought it was a good idea... sorry if not.

The funny thing was, they had the ideal man to work with on a tight budget and they sacked him.  :lol:

Why is everyone assuming this is Ashley's idea?  He owns the club true, but he has appointed a managing director, Derek Llambias to run the club.  If Ashley was going to make all these decisions why waste his money on appointing Llambias to run the club.  In my opinion this smacks of a Llambias idea.

More excuses.

If all these terrible ideas were rather Llambiarse's than Ashley's then the latter is even more useless in making decisions - otherwise he would have sacked this clown long ago.

:facepalm:

The funny thing was, they had the ideal man to work with on a tight budget and they sacked him.  :lol:

He would have made the process of getting into the Championship a lot quicker anyway.

What I don't understand is all this shite about Ashley putting 20 million into the club as if he's a wonderful chap for doing so. You don't buy a house and then not maintain the roof, keep the damp out etc. He has to invest something just to keep the club going, but anyone who thinks he is going to spend any of that on players is sadly mistaken.We'll be lucky to see 2 mill spent on players come January, and that will probably be funded by selling Taylor and a couple of others.

As for this BobYule - wtf? Is he Llambias in disguise? Poor Mikey, just made the wrong decisions, misunderstood, all Keegan's fault. How can we be so horrible to ole Mikey, he's just misguided.  Wood, trees, and all that.

The annoying thing is I gather it was very much Ashley's decision, and lots of people were advising him against it.

As I said, he brought to the job this attitude of wanting to be one of the fans, and while I don't think any of them were putting forward Keegan's name as he sat there in the stands, Ashley had this head-in-the-clouds mindset and it seems he couldn't resist organising the Messiah's return.

Ashley has a history in business of achieving success through bold and unorthodox decisions. Despite all the indications that Keegan would be a round peg in a square hole, he still backed his judgement against people who were in a position to know better. It's been a big dose of humble pie ever since.

The annoying thing is I gather it was very much Ashley's decision, and lots of people were advising him against it.

As I said, he brought to the job this attitude of wanting to be one of the fans, and while I don't think any of them were putting forward Keegan's name as he sat there in the stands, Ashley had this head-in-the-clouds mindset and it seems he couldn't resist organising the Messiah's return.

Ashley has a history in business of achieving success through bold and unorthodox decisions. Despite all the indications that Keegan would be a round peg in a square hole, he still backed his judgement against people who were in a position to know better. It's been a big dose of humble pie ever since.

He didn't back his own judgement all the way though else he would have only employed KK and there would be no middle man. He would then have took notice of KK a man who has been there and done it unlike him and his cronies.

As for his bold and unorthodox business decisions, I mentioned when he became manager what I thought of him and his business ideas and why I straight away said I didn't want him as our owner and it would be a mistake.

Guest WashyGeordie

Badly in need of a new PR man, but fair play.

Expand?

upon?

How we need a new PR man?...

And:

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zptc1y.png

Better?  :aww: