Ashley to keep club, put £20m in and consider stadium naming rights

Ashley17

Guest Roger Kint

You don't have one then? Just checking.

Has he or has he not invested about £120m in NUFC since taking over? Seriosly yes or no will do, i assume any answer involving no will mean you can prove he signed off fraudulent accounts in June 2008?

Like tim has said its all a PR exercise to announce it, thats not my concern i merely pointed out that he had done it and it didnt go to buy players. Still if you feel like being arsey i guess its your right as the boss. :rolleyes:

Yesterday morning I got off the flybe flight to Gatwick and who should be sat at the gate waiting to get on but Derek Llambias and he was reading the SUN!

I thought about vaulting the barrier and lamping him but there was a copper with a gun nearby. Now I think it was worth taking the bullet...... :sadnod:

Guest Chris P

oh well, nowt to do now. May as well sit back and enjoy promotion. Ok the man's a c*** but iam sure the club is in a better finacial position than it was two years ago.

I personally think CH has done a great job and deserves the position, and no, as some one suggested , he should not wear a suit.

Has he or has he not invested about £120m in NUFC since taking over? Seriosly yes or no will do, i assume any answer involving no will mean you can prove he signed off fraudulent accounts in June 2008?

Like tim has said its all a PR exercise to announce it, thats not my concern i merely pointed out that he had done it and it didnt go to buy players. Still if you feel like being arsey i guess its your right as the boss. :rolleyes:

Wasn't that my whole point? Whatever Ashley says about money going into the club, it never turns into new players. Ever.

The statement is very ambiguous and usually when you make ambiguous statements it is to hide something. It reads "Mike (yes our pal Mike) will put a further £20m into the Club this week."

Will this money simply be added to the club's debt, which will be paid back to Ashley when he sells the club?

I won't be holding my breath come January.

The club have admitted to lying to fans and the press in the past. And none of us were at all surprised.

Suddenly he mentions 20M quid and people are talking about him actually signing players.

I'll believe it when I see it. All this money he has talked about in the past, how much of it has filtered through into actual player deals? That weren't funded by player sales? As far as I can see we've made a profit in most of his transfer windows, he has spent almost nothing net on players and that is one of the main reasons we ended up in the Championship.

Ashley didnt say anything about transfers though, he has put £20m in every other year and didnt go towards players then either, its one of the few truths he has done since he commenced f***ing up the club tbh.

Source?

You saying the ONLY money he has put in is £132m to buy it?

:facepalm:

"The question that has been much discussed is how much Ashley has put into the club.  And the answer is £100 million as a loan."

Guest Roger Kint

The club have admitted to lying to fans and the press in the past. And none of us were at all surprised.

Suddenly he mentions 20M quid and people are talking about him actually signing players.

I'll believe it when I see it. All this money he has talked about in the past, how much of it has filtered through into actual player deals? That weren't funded by player sales? As far as I can see we've made a profit in most of his transfer windows, he has spent almost nothing net on players and that is one of the main reasons we ended up in the Championship.

Ashley didnt say anything about transfers though, he has put £20m in every other year and didnt go towards players then either, its one of the few truths he has done since he commenced f***ing up the club tbh.

Source?

You saying the ONLY money he has put in is £132m to buy it?

:facepalm:

"The question that has been much discussed is how much Ashley has put into the club.  And the answer is £100 million as a loan."

Yes and that loan is an investment he has put into the club, all i am saying

I merely asked for a source on your claims in that post. Do you have one?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,59575.0.html

I assume you will take quayside's word for it?  :rolleyes:

Where does it say Ashley 'has put £20m in every other year and didnt go towards players'? I can't find it in that post.

What's with the straw men and pathetic smileys? I asked a rather simple question.

Guest Roger Kint

Wasn't that my whole point? Whatever Ashley says about money going into the club, it never turns into new players. Ever.

The statement is very ambiguous and usually when you make ambiguous statements it is to hide something. It reads "Mike (yes our pal Mike) will put a further £20m into the Club this week."

Will this money simply be added to the club's debt, which will be paid back to Ashley when he sells the club?

I wasnt disagreeing with you though. I merely added that Ashley never said it was to be used to buy players ;D

I wasnt disagreeing with you though. I merely added that Ashley never said it was to be used to buy players ;D

Of course its not, its to cover debts and wages and the Albert Luque payments.

Guest Roger Kint

Where does it say Ashley 'has put £20m in every other year and didnt go towards players'? I can't find it in that post.

What's with the straw men and pathetic smileys? I asked a rather simple question.

From the first post, an assuming you read this far:

The question that has been much discussed is how much Ashley has put into the club.  And the answer is £100 million as a loan, £70 million of that was used to clear the old debt and £30 million has been put in to keep the club going. Since the 30th June he has put in a further £10 million of cash as working capital. He paid £138 million to buy the club, so his total investment is £248 million so far.

This was for the accounts to 30 June 2008. Clearly that £110m is more than £20m a year but i didnt expect anyone to be so pathetic over it. Hence the pathetic smileys, it was a pretty simple answer to comprehend to be honest. I didnt think you would struggle to see it given its be discussed ad nauseum on this forum.

Commited To The Future, Selling Our History

As predicted, Mike Ashley has announced he's not selling Newcastle United and is "totally committed". This is the second time he's made this announcement in less than one year so don't hold your breath that it's permanent. Promotion back to the Premier League would no doubt see the club back on ebay with a starting price far greater than the £80m - £100m touted over the last four months.

The NUFC website says:

The Club had been trying to broker a deal with a number of prospective buyers in recent months however none of those deals came to fruition. With regard to the possible sale of the Club to Barry Moat, that particular bid has now fallen through due to the cash price of £80m not being met.

This confirms what we already knew. The statements from the club stating categorically that the asking price had been met by several groups and that a deal was days away can now be officially added to the growing list of examples of the club ‘repeatedly and intentionally misleading the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United’. The whole embarrassing process has been an exercise in 'public relations' which only serves to cast entirely warranted doubt on the rest of the claims made to day:

In confirming the news, Mike Ashley stated that he is totally committed to the future success of Newcastle United and will be focussing on gaining promotion back to the Premier League. Mike will put a further £20m into the Club this week.

Unless evidence of this investment is seen in January (or sooner) we should assume it’s completely false.

"We are delighted that Chris has accepted the post of full time manager. He has done a terrific job this season and we wish him every success for the rest of this season and beyond. He will continue to receive our full backing and support."

Continue to receive their full backing? Pre-season Hughton was allowed to bring in three loan players no-one else wanted and a free transfer we let go last season who couldn’t find another club in the meantime. To suggest the owner has done anything whatsoever to assist the new manager is ridiculous in the extreme. He has done nothing but hinder the manager by depleting the squad to maximise income.

Whilst confirming these two matters, Newcastle United now aims to move forward on and off the pitch. The Club aims to maximise its commercial revenues; this includes renegotiating its Club sponsor and kit deal, which expire at the end of this season, as well as welcoming offers for the stadium naming rights for next season.

This is the killer paragraph, the one that Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias would have had a good old chuckle at while they composed it. This is a disgusting move on behalf of an owner twisting the knife having stabbed the fans in the back repeatedly. Lip service is paid to moving forward on the pitch, but we will see no action whatsoever on this front. They are bereft of ideas. They do not know football. They refuse to improve the squad and will use any income the club has to satisfy their own debts. It’s only off the pitch where they have a plan. That plan is to sell our heritage to the highest bidder without any consultation with the fans whatsoever.

http://nufc-ashlies.blogspot.com/2009/10/commited-to-future-selling-our-history.html

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Thats all that can be said really.

Its becoming clear that Ashley has no intention of getting rid of us, he only says he wants to in order to get the fans off his back, then when things have simmered down a bit he appoints a manager and says he's going to invest.

Wonder if I could get a got long term bet at the bookies that we'll sign 1 or 2 cheap, crap players. get promoted, then be bottom of the prem by this time next year, Hughton gets the boot, fans kick off. and Ashley wants to sell, leaving us with no manager and no signings in Jan.

and this stadium name changing thing is just a pile of scheming money making crap. watch us end up being at a stadium called something stupid like "the sports direct soccer stadium"

it will always be St James park to the people and fans of Newcastle no matter what that fat git does

From the first post, an assuming you read this far:

The question that has been much discussed is how much Ashley has put into the club.  And the answer is £100 million as a loan, £70 million of that was used to clear the old debt and £30 million has been put in to keep the club going. Since the 30th June he has put in a further £10 million of cash as working capital. He paid £138 million to buy the club, so his total investment is £248 million so far.

This was for the accounts to 30 June 2008. Clearly that £110m is more than £20m a year but i didnt expect anyone to be so pathetic over it. Hence the pathetic smileys, it was a pretty simple answer to comprehend to be honest. I didnt think you would struggle to see it given its be discussed ad nauseum on this forum.

Thanks.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Thats all that can be said really.

Its becoming clear that Ashley has no intention of getting rid of us, he only says he wants to in order to get the fans off his back, then when things have simmered down a bit he appoints a manager and says he's going to invest.

Wonder if I could get a got long term bet at the bookies that we'll sign 1 or 2 cheap, crap players. get promoted, then be bottom of the prem by this time next year, Hughton gets the boot, fans kick off. and Ashley wants to sell, leaving us with no manager and no signings in Jan.

and this stadium name changing thing is just a pile of scheming money making crap. watch us end up being at a stadium called something stupid like "the sports direct soccer stadium"

it will always be St James park to the people and fans of Newcastle no matter what that fat git does

The funny thing was that the fans weren't really on his back at all when we went down; certainly it was nothing like the Keegan affair.

Not really surprising though I guess considering how out of touch he is with what the fans want.

If Ashley is really going to keep the club (probably lying again tbf), why not consider taking the £1m a year he's supposedly still paying Dennis Wise and giving it to someone who has at least a vague idea of how to run a football club?

This news crossed with his comments in the Sunday Times a week or two back is simply ludicrous.

The guy's a genuine fuckwit.  Even if we had someone who had no care whatsoever about the club and was only serving their own self interests but was competent it wouldn't be as bad.  After all, Ashley's fucking himself over as much as anyone else.  Even when Shepherd was looking to feed either his bank accounts or his ego that went hand in hand with making sure the club didn't fall into oblivion.  We're being dragged along on Ashley's orgy of self-harm.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/10/28/hughton-will-be-backed-in-transfer-market-72703-25034382/#at

The Chronicle understands that Ashley, who also watched a behind-closed-doors friendly against Celtic which United lost 3-2, held meetings with managing director Derek Llambias, Hughton, Calderwood and the first-team squad before announcing that £20m would be injected into the club from his personal fortune.

Hughton will be able to make cash signings in January and, as the Chronicle revealed on October 20, the ex-Eire international will have a major say in who joins his squad with no director of football due to come in as part of the shake-up. A Toon insider said today: “The money will go into the pot to buy new players, but also some of it will be poured into the scouting network and elsewhere around the club.

“Chris will have a major say in what players he wants to bring in and already has his own ideas on how he wants to play it in the January window.”

:mackems:

If Ashley is really going to keep the club (probably lying again tbf), why not consider taking the £1m a year he's supposedly still paying Dennis Wise and giving it to someone who has at least a vague idea of how to run a football club?

This news crossed with his comments in the Sunday Times a week or two back is simply ludicrous.

I would think it's what Wise is entitled to under his contract.  Probably 12 months pay.