Sheffield United 0-1 Newcastle United - 02/11/09 - post match reaction from p22

Nate

It was a horrible game against a side who kicked and wrestled anything that moved and a referee who allowed them to get away with it.

Agreed. The crowd was very influential and the ref wasn't strong enough. Not only did he let them get away with some bad challenges, but every time one of their players fell over in our half of the field they got a free kick. He was a typical homer.

Ironic that our goal came after one of our few fouls that he missed.

At the beginning of the season there were quite a few favourable comments about the relaxed standard of refereeing in this division which I had my doubts about at the time and this has just been confirmed in recent matches. Chris Morgan and his ugly friend's "marking" was bordering on cheating yesterday. Served them right that our goal came from an illegal challenge by Nolan. The refs are f***ing hopeless imo.

Was it an illegal challenge? Looked pretty good to me.

When Sky slowed it right down it showed Nolan didn't get the ball, would have been hard for the ref to see though, as the defender plyed the ball just as Nolan fouled him.

did it matter if he won the ball or not providing he was making an attempt fo it and it wasn't dangerous or from behind ?. should it be a foul every time players clash in the air for headers if only one actually touches the ball ?

i've seen pens given for morgans pulling and clambouring on carroll from that corner.

:facepalm:

What time was that about ?i can briefley remember going past some fans although i thought i was on a stretcher  :idiot2:

When i came round i was in a hospital bed about 3.30 in the morning.

I remember speaking to a claimed sheff u fan but he said he wanted Newcastle to win. :dowie:

Was it that lucozade you were drinking before the game?

Guest jeffers09

Cant say im to proud of what i was drinking either

didnt have to much money so i ended up buying 4 speical k's  :thdn: the stuff's like fuel

Have to say i will not be buying that again in a hurry .

didnt have to much money so i ended up buying 4 speical k's  :thdn: the stuff's like fuel

what is special K ?

it's not K cider is it ? that was about 8% i think. surely not enough to have you in that state.

Guest jeffers09

what is special K ?

it's not K cider is it ? that was about 8% i think. surely not enough to have you in that state.

yeah 8.4%  4 of them plus 2 budwisers

what is special K ?

Feather-weight champion of the world the eh

what is special K ?

i know it's a bit charvaish to go on about how much people can drink and such but fuck me, that had you carried out ?

Guest Roger Kint

what is special K ?

Feather-weight champion of the world the eh

:mackems: Really wish i was that easliy wankered like, would save a fortune on vodka and Jack Daniels :celb:

Guest toonlass

I was probably one drink away from being like that at Boro away last year as I'm sure Tooj will testify.

Can't remember any of the game to this day.

:lol: Just a bit like mate.

I can also testify to that too. You can't remember talking to me all through half-time.