Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

yep, that's why it makes no sense to the likes of warren barton or me for that matter - people who need shop at at SD might well need a roof sized ad reminding them it exists

the rest of us will make our way in the world

i honestly think it's like those ads you see at bus stops "your ad here"

T

the thing is, this is all meant to be a marketing ploy.  It doesn't make me want to go into his shop any more than I have in the past, having seen its name plastered everywhere.  Perhaps if he got rid of half the s**** they sell in there, making it less cluttered, tidied them up a bit, put all the staff they currently employ on the dole, hiring a group of people with more than one brain cell that could operate a till competently, I might go in.  Until this, he can tattoo Sports Direct on his knob and dance naked in front of me waving his arms about and it'll still not make me want to go in.

i'm sure he'll take lessons in selling from you.

He is bang on for kegs, socks, tracky bottoms & team strips (even undercuts his own club) but his attempts to sell NUFC & the people he has chose have been shocking.

T

the thing is, this is all meant to be a marketing ploy.  It doesn't make me want to go into his shop any more than I have in the past, having seen its name plastered everywhere.  Perhaps if he got rid of half the s**** they sell in there, making it less cluttered, tidied them up a bit, put all the staff they currently employ on the dole, hiring a group of people with more than one brain cell that could operate a till competently, I might go in.  Until this, he can tattoo Sports Direct on his knob and dance naked in front of me waving his arms about and it'll still not make me want to go in.

i'm sure he'll take lessons in selling from you.

He is bang on for kegs, socks, tracky bottoms & team strips (even undercuts his own club) but his attempts to sell NUFC & the people he has chose have been shocking.

no arguments here.

In what context would a tattooed knob get you interested like?

I'll leave that one for you to work out

I'll leave that one for you to work out

Probably a mystery best left unsolved tbh :D

Its not just what he's done to the gallowgate roof,  have you seen the photo on .com's match report with the main entrance now looking like your walking into his shop not a football stadium.

http://www.nufc.com/2010-11images/2010-10-16sd-ad.jpg

this?  this isn't the main entrance

That looks fucking shit n'all.

The fact it's caused so much uproar/interest/discussion means that it's already served it's purpose tbh.

Has it caused much of a stir in the national media though?

No idea mate. :dontknow:

Might be one of those things that spreads gradually as more (away) fans see it?

To cause a national stir, there would need to be some kind of imaginative, headline-grabbing protest action.

Gimp should organize a crack team to climb up there in the dead of night and replace the evil logo with a giant picture of Kevin Keegan's knob.

To cause a national stir, there would need to be some kind of imaginative, headline-grabbing protest action.

Gimp should organize a crack team to climb up there in the dead of night and replace the evil logo with a giant picture of Kevin Keegan's knob.

I'd call you a doormat but you obviously just don't give a fuck.  Why you feel the need to point and laugh at people who do is beyond me.

Maybe we could paint a picture of Stephen Spence as he was a favorite player for some people.

At the end of the day, paint on the roof is exactly that, simply paint on a roof.

Nonsense, man. It is the complete and utter destruction of everything the club stands for, and an unforgivable affront to all Geordie helicopter pilots.

I dunno if you go to games but you can see it quite easily from L7.

You have no soul mate, no soul. 

:thdn:

It's been ripped out by Mike Ashley.

Your soul has been ripped out by ashley yet you dont mind his cloak of dispair painted on top of the gallowgate, where Newcastle fans have stood and sat for over 100 years.  You still think that cladding St James' park in his sports busines logo is ok ??

Strange one.

Your soul has been ripped out by ashley yet you dont mind his cloak of dispair painted on top of the gallowgate, where Newcastle fans have stood and sat for over 100 years.  You still think that cladding St James' park in his sports busines logo is ok ??

Strange one.

He was clearly taking the piss with that comment.