£4m for Carroll?

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's a tough one.

He's not worth £4m and I don't think we'll get a better offer for him but I wouldn't sell him just yet. He's the type of striker you need to get out of this league but he's of no use to us if we actually go up.

If he adapts his game he could be a Crouch esq striker.

He's quite tall. Comparison ends.

His hold up play is decent as is Crouch's.

Disagree. Can't fault his effort and enthusiasm but he's nowhere near the level of Crouch. And I genuinely don't think he ever will be unfortunately.

We will agree to disagree then.

Do you think he'll score regularly for England like Crouch has btw?

If he's allowed to play against the same s*** teams then yes.

:lol:

I don't think Capello will allow him to play tbh. He's clearly being overlooked because he's playing in the CCC. It's a fix.

Have you seen the teams Crouch has scored against?

Carroll is 20 and has his whole career ahead of him, how you can say he won't make it this quick is quite baffling.

I'm not saying he can't, I'm saying I don't think he'll ever come close to being as good as Crouch.

I don't think he'll ever play for Liverpool. I don't think he'll ever get in the England squad, let alone play and score for them. I don't think anyone will ever pay £8m or £9m for him. He might........but I wouldn't put too much money on it.

It's a tough one.

He's not worth £4m and I don't think we'll get a better offer for him but I wouldn't sell him just yet. He's the type of striker you need to get out of this league but he's of no use to us if we actually go up.

If he adapts his game he could be a Crouch esq striker.

He's quite tall. Comparison ends.

His hold up play is decent as is Crouch's.

Disagree. Can't fault his effort and enthusiasm but he's nowhere near the level of Crouch. And I genuinely don't think he ever will be unfortunately.

We will agree to disagree then.

Do you think he'll score regularly for England like Crouch has btw?

If he's allowed to play against the same s*** teams then yes.

:lol:

I don't think Capello will allow him to play tbh. He's clearly being overlooked because he's playing in the CCC. It's a fix.

Have you seen the teams Crouch has scored against?

Carroll is 20 and has his whole career ahead of him, how you can say he won't make it this quick is quite baffling.

I'm not saying he can't, I'm saying I don't think he'll ever come close to being as good as Crouch.

I don't think he'll ever play for Liverpool. I don't think he'll ever get in the England squad, let alone play and score for them. I don't think anyone will ever pay £8m or £9m for him. He might........but I wouldn't put too much money on it.

It's still not even half way through his first almost proper season with us. I'm not particularly a huge fan of him but he's decent so far and is only going to get better. Keep.

It's a tough one.

How is he not worth £4m? What does that sort of money buy you when it comes to strikers anyhow? I would think mediocre teams that can't play football would pay that much just for his nuisance value. He might not be the most polished striker but he's big, strong and gives defenders a hard time. He scores the odd goal as well which isn't the worst quality in the world.

It's a tough one.

How is he not worth £4m? What does that sort of money buy you when it comes to strikers anyhow? I would think mediocre teams that can't play football would pay that much just for his nuisance value. He might not be the most polished striker but he's big, strong and gives defenders a hard time. He scores the odd goal as well which isn't the worst quality in the world.

Agree with all of that, provided he's playing at this level. If we go up and he plays regularly I don't think he'd be anywhere near as effective against PL defenders.

I think Carroll deserves a bit more credit. He's dominant in the air and is beginning to bag a few goals. I thought he was our top player yesterday.

It's a tough one.

Agree with all of that, provided he's playing at this level. If we go up and he plays regularly I don't think he'd be anywhere near as effective against PL defenders.

How many PL strikers can you buy for £4m?

It's a tough one.

Very few?

That's my argument. I honestly don't think he's good enough for the PL so I don't think he's worth the £4m that's being bandied about for him.

Age has nowt to do with it, he wont score enough goals next season to justify starting in a premiership team next season. That's all i'm saying.

This is probably true, you eminently employable fucker. Worth keeping hold of, though? Imo, yes.

It's a tough one.

Very few?

That's my argument. I honestly don't think he's good enough for the PL so I don't think he's worth the £4m that's being bandied about for him.

When you have teams likeBolton,  Portsmouth, Stoke, Wolves, Burnley and West Ham in the Premiership I don't think you can claim they are too good to pay £4m for a big target man.

It's a tough one.

Very few?

When you have teams likeBolton,  Portsmouth, Stoke, Wolves, Burnley and West Ham in the Premiership I don't think you can claim they are too good to pay £4m for a big target man.

I don't think they'd pay £4m for him because they already have better forwards than Carroll already on their books imo. Going round in circles here tbh. 

He's got a record of less than 1 in 3 this season against some right defensive jokers. In the premiership he'd be as bad as Ricardo Fuller.

Would that be the same Ricardo Fuller who was one of Stokes standout players last season?

I´d keep, he is only going to get better and its fair to say without him you´re relying on Shola, Ranger, Lovenkrands + a loanee - one of whom is injury(ish)prone and the other unproven and Lovenkrands form thus far has been miss hit i gather. If the money was to be invested in other areas of the team there would be cause for argument at the moment on whether we should sell.

It's a tough one.

Very few?

I don't think they'd pay £4m for him because they already have better forwards than Carroll already on their books imo. Going round in circles here tbh. 

Like who?

It's a tough one.

Very few?

When you have teams likeBolton, Portsmouth, Stoke, Wolves, Burnley and West Ham in the Premiership I don't think you can claim they are too good to pay £4m for a big target man.

Like who?

Elmander, Dindane, Beattie, Doyle, Nugent and Carlton Cole off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more too.

Anyway, off to bed. Just for the record I'd keep him til we get promoted but he's not good enough for the PL. He might be in the future but I, personally, don't think he will be. We'll have to see I suppose. :thup:

Age has nowt to do with it, he wont score enough goals next season to justify starting in a premiership team next season. That's all i'm saying.

Unlike Harewood whos been banging them in like crazy obviously. Because your judgement of what a players capable of is top notch

It's a tough one.

Very few?

Like who?

Elmander, Dindane, Beattie, Doyle, Nugent and Carlton Cole off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more too.

Anyway, off to bed. Just for the record I'd keep him til we get promoted but he's not good enough for the PL. He might be in the future but I, personally, don't think he will be. We'll have to see I suppose. :thup:

How many of those are under 25? Doesn't that factor into their valuation?