£4m for Carroll?

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not sure how to answer the poll, shouldn't it be Accept or Decline, or Accept yes or no ?

Anyway I wouldn't sell for £4M, he's a very good header of the ball, has a decent left peg and showed on Monday night he's physical enough to cope with intimidating defenders. Seems pretty honest and hard working too.

The more I see of  him the better I like him.

No way would I sell for £4m.

If we were offered twice that, 100% cash up front, and Ashley swore on a stack of bibles that we'd be allowed to spend all of that (Sod that, he'd still change his mind. Make it he's got to put the money into a seperate bank account that only Hughton had access to) and if Hughton then actually spent it wisely on a few good players in key positions (Esp the wings), then and ONLY then would I think it's a good move.

Otherwise, f*** off West Ham, you snivelling cockney wankers.

£8m for Carroll? You're on glue mate.

If we were offered twice that, 100% cash up front, and Ashley swore on a stack of bibles that we'd be allowed to spend all of that (Sod that, he'd still change his mind. Make it he's got to put the money into a seperate bank account that only Hughton had access to) and if Hughton then actually spent it wisely on a few good players in key positions (Esp the wings), then and ONLY then would I think it's a good move.

I neither suggested he was worth it or that we'd be able to get it. I'm simply saying that at this point in time, whilst we're having a push for promotion, he's our player, is under contract and I think there's no way on earth we should sell him.

Offer us silly money (ie £8m) and he can go, but offer us what he's worth (£4m perhaps?) then we should hang on to him. No way should we sell players for their market value when we're trying so desperately to get out of this league.

No chance of that whatsoever.

You're constantly stating your opinions as if they were hard facts. It makes you come across as very arrogant.

Not a chance, the lad is 20 years old and has enough attributes to make it worth percervering with him.

Ok he hasn't set the world alight this season but he has still down well enough (imo), its crazy that some people already seem to have given up on him at TWENTY YEARS OLD! :lol:

We aren't going to sign as many players as we need in the summer and the last thing we need is getting rid of the decent ones. £4m buys you fuck all these days anyway.

It's a tough one.

He's not worth £4m and I don't think we'll get a better offer for him but I wouldn't sell him just yet. He's the type of striker you need to get out of this league but he's of no use to us if we actually go up.

its crazy that some people already seem to have given up on him at TWENTY YEARS OLD! :lol:

I know some others have referred to this as well on here, but I find it really difficult to remember that he's only young. Always seems much older to me than he is.

Guest Heneage

It's a tough one.

He's not worth £4m and I don't think we'll get a better offer for him but I wouldn't sell him just yet. He's the type of striker you need to get out of this league but he's of no use to us if we actually go up.

If he adapts his game he could be a Crouch esq striker.

It's a tough one.

Adapt how?

In complete agreement with Midds on this.

Guest Heneage

It's a tough one.

Adapt how?

In complete agreement with Midds on this.

If he improved his control with his headers in terms of flick ons and the direction he heads it (not goalscoring) as well as the strength of his weak foot I could see him being a decent enough Premier Leauge Striker, the guy is still 20 years old, I think to rule him out as not good enough is very early. Also I want him to get rid of that bitching streak and going down under the smallest touch, you're 6ft 3 or whatever it is, act like it.

It's a tough one.

He's quite tall. Comparison ends.

Guest Heneage

It's a tough one.

His hold up play is decent as is Crouch's.

It's a tough one.

Disagree. Can't fault his effort and enthusiasm but he's nowhere near the level of Crouch. And I genuinely don't think he ever will be unfortunately.

Guest Heneage

It's a tough one.

Disagree. Can't fault his effort and enthusiasm but he's nowhere near the level of Crouch. And I genuinely don't think he ever will be unfortunately.

We will agree to disagree then.

It's a tough one.

Fair enough.

Do you think he'll score regularly for England like Crouch has btw?

Guest Heneage

It's a tough one.

If he's allowed to play against the same shit teams then yes.

It's a tough one.

If he's allowed to play against the same shit teams then yes.

:lol:

I don't think Capello will allow him to play tbh. He's clearly being overlooked because he's playing in the CCC. It's a fix.

Guest Heneage

It's a tough one.

If he's allowed to play against the same s*** teams then yes.

:lol:

I don't think Capello will allow him to play tbh. He's clearly being overlooked because he's playing in the CCC. It's a fix.

Have you seen the teams Crouch has scored against?

Carroll is 20 and has his whole career ahead of him, how you can say he won't make it this quick is quite baffling.