£4m for Carroll?

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To sell him now would be a big mistake ; Carroll is far from the finished article but he DOES have attributes which could be worked on to make him a real threat - especially in this division and maybe even in the Prem.

During KKs first stint as manager, he got Lennie Hepple(Pop Robson's father-in-law)to work with players who needed correction of their balance and running style ; I believe someone like this would really improve Carroll but Lennie is too old(and unfit)now. However, I am sure that, if he goes to another club, they will reap the dividends in years to come and 4m will look like a bad deal for NUFC...

Let's face it, is anyone out there confident that ;

1.Ashley would spend on a replacement

2.Hughton would get a good player in.

Maybe some believe in Fairies at the bottom of the garden....promotion is worth far more than 4m to the club.

I wouldnt sell him and I dont think Ashley will either. He is not that stupid especially as Carrolls wages will not make that much of a dent in the wage structure.

We already know that Harewood is going bck to Villa so getting rid of another striker doesnt make sense.

By the way, Big Andy reminds me so much of a young Duncan Ferguson and in the long run, could be a huge asset for us and ENGLAND.

I can believe that West Ham are interested as they need strikers and they were constantly linked with him in the Summer.  However, they are skint and Zola supposedly has to sell before he can buy.

I think £4m is a misleading figure as I would think that it would mainly be performance related - number of appearances, goals etc so the first payment would be relatively small.  He would need to be replaced but who would we buy - Harewood? - who has scored less goals than Carroll and earns more.

I guess it depends on Ashley's real intentions - if he is serious about promotion, then there is no way he will sell.

I wonder if Carroll's head would be turned though if the interest is genuine especially if there is a big pay increase on offer.  I would hope that he would want to say with his local club for the time being and see if we make it back to the Premier League.

Then again Llambias is supposedly a West Ham supporter!

I can believe that West Ham are interested as they need strikers and they were constantly linked with him in the Summer.  However, they are skint and Zola supposedly has to sell before he can buy.

I think £4m is a misleading figure as I would think that it would mainly be performance related - number of appearances, goals etc so the first payment would be relatively small.  He would need to be replaced but who would we buy - Harewood? - who has scored less goals than Carroll and earns more.

I guess it depends on Ashley's real intentions - if he is serious about promotion, then there is no way he will sell.

I wonder if Carroll's head would be turned though if the interest is genuine especially if there is a big pay increase on offer.  I would hope that he would want to say with his local club for the time being and see if we make it back to the Premier League.

Then again Llambias is supposedly a West Ham supporter!

My suspicion is that these stories are surfacing for this reason. Carroll won't be a highly paid player by Premiership standards, and destitute clubs like West Ham and Bolton's best chances of landing a player are by turning the heads of young lads like him. Leaking stories through friendly southern based rags like NOW is probably step one.

Almost tempting. Depends on where we are come the end of January, if they are seriously interested. We would never get anywhere near 4mill for him if we go up, and he would never start for us as he isnt good enough for the Premier League. Yes its good for cover now, but lets see where we are in 2 and a half months.

So you think if we get promoted Mike Ashley will go on a spending spree to keep us in the Premiership? He didn't do that last January so why think he'd do it in the future? I can't see NUFC being sold for a while. There are only a certain number of rich sheiks or American billionaires in the world.

He's an animal in the air and a half decent finisher.  A bit of a rough diamond but the last player we should be thinking of selling this season. he's integral to our hopes of going up.  when we are under the cosh he also plays his part defensively.

Yes. Carroll has a long, long way to go before he's a premiership player though.

Maybe so, but £4m doesn't buy you much these days. For teams that can't afford proper midfielders and strikers he's a decent option.

No way would I sell for £4m.

If we were offered twice that, 100% cash up front, and Ashley swore on a stack of bibles that we'd be allowed to spend all of that (Sod that, he'd still change his mind. Make it he's got to put the money into a seperate bank account that only Hughton had access to) and if Hughton then actually spent it wisely on a few good players in key positions (Esp the wings), then and ONLY then would I think it's a good move.

Otherwise, fuck off West Ham, you snivelling cockney wankers.