Ferguson sacked

Superior Acuña

If they've got someone better lined up then it's a good decision. As i said in the other thread, sentiment counts for almost nothing in modern football - especially with as pressing matters as who the manager is, etc. Whether or not he won back to back promotions doesn't really matter if he can't cut it in the current division; they'll just go straight back down and his good work will have counted for nothing.

But like i say - if they can get someone better in. Big if.

i'd have him here tbh. wishful thinking now.....

Aye someone who cant hack it in the championship is exactly what we need. He's done nowt Peter Taylor didnt do and with more money, where is he now?

To be fair theyve just had back to back promotions. Maybe it all happened too quickly, as their squad is clearly not good enough for the Championship, but he's done a great job there.

Confirmed.

Peterborough United director of football Barry Fry has confirmed Darren Ferguson's departure as manager.

Reports first emerged on Monday that Ferguson's tenure with The Posh had come to an end - three years after he took charge.

Ferguson guided Peterborough to successive promotions from League One and Two, and was rewarded with a new four-year deal in the summer.

But they have struggled in the Championship this term and are currently bottom of the table.

Fry, who met with Ferguson along with chief executive office Bob Symms on Monday, has now confirmed the departure.

"Nothing surprises me in football," he told the Peterborough Evening Telegraph.

"I and the club would like to thank him for his miraculous achievements with the total support of the chairman in the near three years he has been at the club and we wish him and his family all the best in the future."

The likes of Peter Taylor, Steve Coppell and Oxford boss Chris Wilder are all being linked with the now vacant post.

Being replaced by the Kettering manager who is older and has a lot less success in the game as a manager. Very odd decision, must be more to it than results.

I think he may have been at Birmingham during Barry Fry-up's tenure there,as Fry took over from his Dad,ex England full back,Terry Cooper.