Premiership Sackings...

Dokko

Guest neesy111

I honestly don't think Portsmouth's squad as a whole is good enough for the Premiership, there are a few I would pick that are, but one or two don't make a team.

Unless they can get some good decennt players in, in the Januray transfer window then I cannot see them staying up, regardless who they bring in as manager.

For the record, Darren Ferguson is now leading the chase for the job.

The last 5 games, they've probably been the better team in all of them tbh

I honestly don't think Portsmouth's squad as a whole is good enough for the Premiership, there are a few I would pick that are, but one or two don't make a team.

Unless they can get some good decennt players in, in the Januray transfer window then I cannot see them staying up, regardless who they bring in as manager.

For the record, Darren Ferguson is now leading the chase for the job.

The last 5 games, they've probably been the better team in all of them tbh

Not good enough to take their chances though, you are only as good as your results, and not what could of been. There has been many of time Newcastle have outclassed teams and taken nothing away from the game, the reason, because we wern't good enough to take our chances. On Monday night, PNE were arguably the better team, but they wern't good enough to take there chances and we were, in the end that makes us the better team, the same applies for Portsmouth.

dunno if mentioned elsewhere, but the carismatic Avram Grant is the new manager at Pompey

Did a very good job at Chelsea, good (obvious) appointment.

yes with world class players, lets see what grant can do with popmpeys lot. Thats said i wish him well, rather liked him when he was at chelsea (could be that the chelsea fans hated him that made me like him)

dunno if mentioned elsewhere, but the carismatic Avram Grant is the new manager at Pompey

yes with world class players, lets see what grant can do with popmpeys lot. Thats said i wish him well, rather liked him when he was at chelsea (could be that the chelsea fans hated him that made me like him)

Superb players but it was clearly an unsettled club when he took over. Got more league points than anyone else from the time he was appointed and was one idiotic centre back checking the conditions away from winning them the CL. Underrated job he did there.

Guest neesy111

Superb players but it was clearly an unsettled club when he took over. Got more league points than anyone else from the time he was appointed and was one idiotic centre back checking the conditions away from winning them the CL. Underrated job he did there.

Spot On, remember he signed anelka which looks like chelsea's best signing for a few years

Maybe I should start a "Sunderland haven't had any bad luck lately" thread.

Sunderland striker Darren Bent has alledged his mother was racially abused by fan of his own club during the defeat to Wigan.

Bent, who started Sunderland's 1-0 defeat at the DW Stadium, revealed the incident on his Twitter website.

The England international was left fuming by the incident describing it as an "absolute disgrace".

"So we get beaten by Wigan and to make matters worse my mum gets racially abused by a Sunderland fan," Bent wrote on the Twitter micro-blogging website after the match at Wigan's DW Stadium.

"I won't stand for that."

Neither club have yet commented on the alleged incident.

:lol:

Cheers you thick dumb mackem, go upset the main man who's got you firing this season.  :clap:

What are the odds on Mark Hughes being next to go ?

got to be favourite?

What are Moyes' odds? Get stuffed tomorrow and I wouldn't be surprised if he walks.

Unless something dramatic has happened behind the scenes it would be daft timing from Moyes.

got to be favourite?

What are Moyes' odds? Get stuffed tomorrow and I wouldn't be surprised if he walks.

Unless something dramatic has happened behind the scenes it would be daft timing from Moyes.

If you believe reports, he's been close to leaving on a couple of occasions. With the stadium move being firmly rejected, a hugely disappointing start regardless of injuries, and no signs of increased funding, he may well think enough's enough. And as you have hinted at, there could be something behind the scenes. Some of our performances have been so unlike our usual standard of the past few years.

If he were to leave though, I'd much prefer him to wait until next summer.

Everton have a very strange habit of swinging from good season to bad season to good season..... with similar playing staff,. whats that all about?

We have in the past, but the past 3 seasons have been consistency personified: 6th, 5th, 5th.

I still maintain we will rise and rise a lot this season but as I say, our performances thus far have been woefully inadequate at times. Our saving grace is the league is generally fairly wide open still, so we only need a couple of wins to be right back in contention for Europe.

Our last 10 games also look pretty tasty in terms of making a late surge.

And yes, I'm desperately trying to keep hold of the positives.  :lol:

Guest neesy111

got to be favourite?

If you believe reports, he's been close to leaving on a couple of occasions. With the stadium move being firmly rejected, a hugely disappointing start regardless of injuries, and no signs of increased funding, he may well think enough's enough. And as you have hinted at, there could be something behind the scenes. Some of our performances have been so unlike our usual standard of the past few years.

yeah, the way he's been having a go at the players now show's to me that's he's tried everything possible to change fortunes.

got to be favourite?

yeah, the way he's been having a go at the players now show's to me that's he's tried everything possible to change fortunes.

If he hangs around until we get key man back playing regularly, we will shoot up the league. It's a shame because when everyone's fit we have a very good-looking team: Howard, Baines, Jags, Yobo/Distin, Heitinga, and then take your pick from Neville, Pienaar, Fellaini, Cahill, Arteta, Bily, Osman, Rodwell, Gosling, Saha, Yakubu and Jo for the rest of the team.

I'm going to hold onto that hope for now, anyway.

Is Arteta ever going to be fit?

No.

He was 'supposed' to be back this month but he contrived to get another setback.

You might know a bit more about this as well: why the hell hasn't he ever been capped for Spain? Not saying he should start because Spain are blessed with an array of gifted midfielders but seriously, not even a cap? There's a lot of talk about him playing for Everton and not having the same recognition as say, an Atletico.

got to be favourite?

Moyes knows Kenwright has no money. Now while it must be frustrating he knew that was the case at the begining of the season hence having to sell Lecott in order to invest. So to walk out now would certianly be odd.

I know things haven't been helped by injuries, any team with the ten first team injuries you've had at times would struggle. For me the fact your still floating around mid-table shows your squad depth certainly has improved to an extent over the last couple of seasons and that is a testament to Moyes ability to work with a limited budget.

If he sticks around and you can get Bilyaletdinov and Arteta fit again I think you'll see a marked improvement. The worrying thing is your not as difficult to break down as you were in previous seasons, but again you've had Baines and Yobo struggling with injury for the most part.

I can understand Moyes leaving at the end of the season, but to do it now without any new reason would be strange, especially when you consider he has such an open working relationship with his chairman.

got to be favourite?

Moyes knows Kenwright has no money. Now while it must be frustrating he knew that was the case at the begining of the season hence having to sell Lecott in order to invest. So to walk out now would certianly be odd.

I know things haven't been helped by injuries, any team with the ten first team injuries you've had at times would struggle. For me the fact your still floating around mid-table shows your squad depth certainly has improved to an extent over the last couple of seasons and that is a testament to Moyes ability to work with a limited budget.

If he sticks around and you can get Bilyaletdinov and Arteta fit again I think you'll see a marked improvement. The worrying thing is your not as difficult to break down as you were in previous seasons, but again you've had Baines and Yobo struggling with injury for the most part.

I can understand Moyes leaving at the end of the season, but to do it now without any new reason would be strange, especially when you consider he has such an open working relationship with his chairman.

The bit in bold is nail-on-head stuff. In previous seasons, when struggling a bit, we would not concede 3 goals against the likes of Bolton and Hull. We would usually limit them to say, 1 goal, meaning we'd always have a shot. And when on form, we'd more often than not not concede against the poorer sides.

Admittedly we're not mid-table, we're 16th, but the sentiment remains: we're still well within touch of the higher reaches despite playing so badly at the moment.

I'm just waiting to see Arteta, Pienaar and Bily play together. They have the potential to rip sides apart.