One thing I noticed from the Palermo game

stozo

Any crosses that came into the box Krul came and caught or punched. This is something you never see with Given and Harper, anything they past the 6 yard box they leave to the defenders, which as we know causes problems, especially since were a team of midgets.

Guest smoggeordie

In a few years time, Krul will be a bloody fantastic keeper in the Schmiechel mould. (IMO anyway)

Christ Almighty.

What?

Guest mackem-in-peace

In a few years time, Krul will be a bloody fantastic keeper in the Schmiechel mould. (IMO anyway)

once given is fit NUFC should send Krul out on loan to a championship side (e.g. Sunderland - hopefully) so he gets experiance.

agree that he will be a great keeper in the future cos he wont peak for arounfd another 8/9 years and hes already looking good

Christ Almighty.

What?

You don't think there's anything daft about proclaiming that Krul will become one of the best goalkeepers in football history after playing one match?

Guest mackem-in-peace

Krul needs to go out on loan for the season, agreed.

Will he find a Championship team where he'd be number 1 goalie though?

Or are we thinking lower divisions...?

reckon theres gotta be a championship team that needs a goalkeeper but if he cant get one then yeah send him to a lower league - anywhere so that hes not just stuck in the reserves

but remember we were playing against a team who dont throw people in for headers in the way english teams do,same as the way we passed and held the ball well,could it be because in italy they press and harry the ball in midfield as opposed to the prem where tackles are the way of life.yes krul had a good game and i wouldn't be afraid of playing him in the prem but lets not get carried away.remember the taylor wankfest of not to long ago.

once given is fit NUFC should send Krul out on loan to a championship side (e.g. Sunderland - hopefully) so he gets experiance.

We will be the championship side.... Given will leave, Harper no.1 and Krul no. 2.

Guest smoggeordie

Christ Almighty.

What?

You don't think there's anything daft about proclaiming that Krul will become one of the best goalkeepers in football history after playing one match?

Christ Almighty.

What?

Perhaps comparing him to one of the greatest goalies of all time after 1 appearance.

(a) Unlike you two, I have seen Krul play on numerous occasions, so get your fucking facts right.

(b) I did not say he would be as good as Schmeichel, I said he would be in the mould of him. Ie brilliant shot stopper, commands his box well, takes all crosses in the air and a general leader of the back line.

So, as you would say: Christ Almighty.

Even if you've seen him on many occasions, they've been at reserve/youth level - how many players look good there then never make it? Neil Mellor broke Liverpool's goalscoring record in the reserves, and look at him now!

Really hope Krul makes it, but it seems a bit daft at 18/19 whatever, to say something like that.

Guest smoggeordie

Even if you've seen him on many occasions, they've been at reserve/youth level - how many players look good there then never make it? Neil Mellor broke Liverpool's goalscoring record in the reserves, and look at him now!

Really hope Krul makes it, but it seems a bit daft at 18/19 whatever, to say something like that.

Goalkeeper is the one position where you can tell from a very young age whether they will make it or not. Krul will make it.

Goalkeeper is the one position where you can tell from a very young age whether they will make it or not. Krul will make it.

simonsen,kirkland,carson

To be fair, that's not really true, NSG.  Think of all the keepers at a young age everyone has said "will make it".  Off the top of my head, Richard Wright, Kirkland, Ian Walker all flopped after everyone telling us they would make it.  There's undoubtedly been more.

If anything, it's the one position you can't tell.  As there's so much pressure on keepers, and as you get older it can affect you more.  When you're young, you're almost fearless, that will leave eventually. 

You can spot the potential, but sometimes potential isn't realised. 

On the Schmeichel thing, he played handball all his life that's why he was so good.  And was built like a tank, I fail to see any comparison with Krul.  In the little I've seen of him, of course.

Guest smoggeordie

To be fair, that's not really true, NSG.  Think of all the keepers at a young age everyone has said "will make it".  Off the top of my head, Richard Wright, Kirkland, Ian Walker all flopped after everyone telling us they would make it.  There's undoubtedly been more.

If anything, it's the one position you can't tell.  As there's so much pressure on keepers, and as you get older it can affect you more.  When you're young, you're almost fearless, that will leave eventually. 

Then we agree to disagree.

Then we agree to disagree.

thats not really in the spirit of this board now is it......you should snipe and drag the same argument into every thread,ignore each others points and blah blah blah