Craig Bellamy

James

I'm afraid I'll never be able to forgive him for his part in Sir Bobby losing his job. Was an excellent foil to an aging Shearer, loved to see him winding up other team's players, but we were already on a downward slide by the time he had his bust up with Souness.

Met him on a night out in Chase on the quayside when he was playing for us. Proper arsehole took the piss out of one of the lads for his weight for about 10 minutes. Had to tell him for his own safety to leave the bar. 

Edited by Myleftboot

7 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

I'm afraid I'll never be able to forgive him for his part in Sir Bobby losing his job. Was an excellent foil to an aging Shearer, loved to see him winding up other team's players, but we were already on a downward slide by the time he had his bust up with Souness.

He played virtually no part in that, man. Have a word.

4 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Met him on a night out in Chase on the quayside when he was playing for us. Proper arsehole took the piss out of one of the lads for his weight for about 10 minutes. Had to tell him for he’s own safety to leave the bar. 

Imagine he looks back on his actions as a young lad earning silly money with regret. 

Only worse player or former player experience comes with Dyer, who considering was sexually abused by his uncle and carrying a shitload (and still is) baggage, shows where Bellamy was as a person. 

I reckon all his deal are his, but easier to blame others. He's been doing that for 2 decades.

Sounds like the type of twatt who’d burn a £50 note (not anymore eh) in front of people. Micky Gray used to do that in Mackem land and get hoyed out of bars for his own safety 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

27 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Sounds like the type of twatt who’d burn a £50 note (not anymore eh) in front of people. Micky Gray used to do that in Mackem land and get hoyed out of bars for his own safety 

Bellamy was one of those players who did this - in Baja Beach Club.  

12 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

He played virtually no part in that, man. Have a word.

BR on Bellamy one week before getting the ax:

"What Craig Bellamy should do is to honour his contract, all right? That is what he should do. At the moment he is doing too much talking.  He had a bit to say yesterday and he has signed a new contract to play for Newcastle United Football Club. Honour your contract, Craig Bellamy. Honour your contract like everyone else has to and just concentrate on playing and scoring goals for this club.  If Bellamy is publicly saying that, then I am publicly replying to him face-to-face. What does he want to do? Does he want to be manager or does he want to be the player?  He is doing very well. That is why I am saying `Hey Craig, just enjoy your football and score goals. He has done well but he cannot make threats to the club."

I think he did have a part in it.  Shame he texted Shearer that time from 100 miles away.

edit: I intensely dislike the little shitehawk.  I'm glad he was Shearer's legs for a couple of seasons, but he's a tiresome little berk who's had nowt much good to say about us after leaving.

Edited by TheBrownBottle

12 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Imagine he looks back on his actions as a young lad earning silly money with regret. 

It’s not that long ago that he was bullying academy players at Cardiff. He’s never come across as anything but unpleasant.

35 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Revelling in someone going bankrupt is pretty low I reckon

Not as low as trying to end someone's career with a golf club (whilst they were sleeping), or attacking someone with a chair. Or bullying youth players. Or goading fans of the club he plays for while he hides behind his minder. He doesn't give a fuck about anyone but himself, you feel sorry for him if you like, he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. He's actually a worse version of Joey Barton.

He deserves everything he gets, its just a shame he's still got a gig in football and will still be paid a handsome wage.

50 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Bellamy was one of those players who did this - in Baja Beach Club.  

BR on Bellamy one week before getting the ax:

"What Craig Bellamy should do is to honour his contract, all right? That is what he should do. At the moment he is doing too much talking.  He had a bit to say yesterday and he has signed a new contract to play for Newcastle United Football Club. Honour your contract, Craig Bellamy. Honour your contract like everyone else has to and just concentrate on playing and scoring goals for this club.  If Bellamy is publicly saying that, then I am publicly replying to him face-to-face. What does he want to do? Does he want to be manager or does he want to be the player?  He is doing very well. That is why I am saying `Hey Craig, just enjoy your football and score goals. He has done well but he cannot make threats to the club."

I think he did have a part in it.  Shame he texted Shearer that time from 100 miles away.

edit: I intensely dislike the little shitehawk.  I'm glad he was Shearer's legs for a couple of seasons, but he's a tiresome little berk who's had nowt much good to say about us after leaving.

Shearer storming off the pitch and publicly challenging Bobby at that pre-season game against Celtic was as bad and probably worse. No one says fuck all about that - and he was club captain. 

Just now, Ronaldo said:

Shearer storming off the pitch and publicly challenging Bobby at that pre-season game against Celtic was as bad and probably worse. No one says fuck all about that - and he was club captain. 

I happily will - and I completely agree.  But as this is a Bellamy thread it would be a bit of a non-sequitur.  Which is why I also didn't mention the likes of Dyer acting the cunt either.

The point is Bellamy regularly gets cited as a reason he lost his job. I just think it’s bollocks. Bellamy is a prick but he was a huge factor in us staying at the top end of the table for 3 seasons.

6 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

The point is Bellamy regularly gets cited as a reason he lost his job. I just think it’s bollocks. Bellamy is a prick but he was a huge factor in us staying at the top end of the table for 3 seasons.

Bellamy's actions fed into the narrative that Robson had lost control over the dressing room (which he clearly had) - a key reason why Shepherd lost his mind and appointed a 'disciplinarian' as his successor.  So I both agree and disagree with what you've written - I agree that he was a key player for a couple of years, but he definitely was a reason for Robson's sacking (again, that outburst was from Robson the week before his sacking).  There were plenty in that squad who were by that point just causing headaches constantly.  Robson should have went at the end of the previous season; once the club stated that 04/05 was his final year, the dressing room just seemed to nose dive.

That squad of players was talented but also possibly had the highest wanker % of any we've ever had - they could've kicked on but instead they self-destructed.  Bellamy, Dyer, Jenas etc - I don't think many of a B&W persuasion smile when they appear on TV, put it that way.