Newcastle United 2-0 Middlesbrough - 20/12/09 - post match reaction from page 15

Nate

On the whole, that was woeful.

One day soon a performance like that will come back to bite us.

:facepalm:

What man? I'm not going to lie.

I'm delighted we won, we took the two goals well, Colo was an absolute beast and Jonas and Guthrie shone on the wings. Other than that, we missed a chance to roll over them.

If Boro weren't so low on confidence, we wouldn't have won it.

Woeful though, that's beyond a joke tbh.

We weren't woeful, we were just once again better in every department than the opposition. Confidence or not we would have still won imo.

Oh aye, sorry. We played badly and won again. Oh joy, this is definitely going to last forever....

Im not even going to bother, you're beyond help if you think a 10 point lead isn't enough evidence to suggest that it will last for as long as that team is together in this league.

The 10 point lead is fantastic and we've done well to get there, but the season is far from over. We cannot continue to play poorly and keep getting results. We need to pull the finger out and put a bit more effort into these games, otherwise a team will come along with a decent finish rate and make us pay.

Guest firetotheworks

Colo was great today, and my MOM, so to were Jonas and Enrigue. Very disapointing for the first 50 mins, but turned much better.

Was very disguested to see a Boro fan rip out a chair and throw it towards the Newcastle fans.

Probably pissed off that they haven't got a real derby match unless they play the Springfield Isotopes.

Colo was great today, and my MOM, so to were Jonas and Enrigue. Very disapointing for the first 50 mins, but turned much better.

Was very disguested to see a Boro fan rip out a chair and throw it towards the Newcastle fans.

Probably pissed off that they haven't got a real derby match unless they play the Springfield Isotopes.

Well they can go down an play Hartlepool next year if they wish.

17 points clear of 7th and 10 off 3rd with a better goal difference.

Can't believe the smogs are 14th, I knew they had a bad run but didn't really pay that much attention :lol: thought we would be battling them and West Brom for the top 2 spots!

Guest firetotheworks

Woe:

1.  Deep distress or misery, as from grief; wretchedness.

2.  Misfortune; calamity

Yes ?

Perspective is needed.

Poor game, but one that we never had to get out of 2nd gear for. We've got into a good habit of winning playing averagely. Boro had huffed and puffed, but offered very little. Coloccini deserved MoM and Guthrie did well down the right (two assists) though he does keep on drifting inside. Due to Nolan going missing in midfield, we do conceed a lot of possession and that will be something that needs addressing next summer. We'll be punished by vastly better sides if we have Smith/Nolan in the middle of the park.

17 points clear of 7th and 10 off 3rd with a better goal difference.

Can't believe the smogs are 14th, I knew they had a bad run but didn't really pay that much attention :lol: thought we would be battling them and West Brom for the top 2 spots!

20 Points clear of Boro we are, 20, I don't even think the most optomistic of supportes would of thought that, 20 points behind, but not ahead.

Guest Heneage

I'm not going to give a care in the world to our performance today, amazingly I'm just going to enjoy the fact we are top of the league by some distance. Was impressed with Guthrie today, and the backline along with Harper were as usual solid and dependable.

Woe:

2.  Misfortune; calamity

Yes ?

Perspective is needed.

Think Wretched sums it up pretty well. Both sides played very poorly for a good 50 mins, neither stringed beyond 4 passes together very often atall.

Guest michaelfoster

Harper - 6.5

Enrique - 7

Coloccini - 9

Taylor - 7

Simpson - 6

Jonas - 7

Smith - 6.5

Nolan - 6.5

Guthrie - 7.5

Ameobi - 7

Harewood - 7

Ranger - 6.5

Butt - 6.5

Jonas is definitely an outlet, he is very good at taking on players to a point but if we had a more harsh/on the ball ref today he wouldn't have got half the freekicks he won. He was very lucky with some of the decisions he got and would have been slated if we didn't get them because he was doing his usual act of running until he lost it.

He needs to learn when to release it, he plays like someone who has been told they need to keep the ball at all costs and never give it to anyone else.

Guest firetotheworks

Woe:

2.  Misfortune; calamity

Yes ?

Perspective is needed.

Think Wretched sums it up pretty well. Both sides played very poorly for a good 50 mins, neither stringed beyond 4 passes together very often atall.

Wretched.  :lol: Aye alright then mate. Now I know the kind of insane opinions I'm up against I'll just stop.

Wretched? :lol:

We've just won a game comfortably by two goals, kept a clean sheet and seen plenty of good individual performances, and Jayson says that it's "wretched". f*** me.

Read man.

The first 50 minutes were wretched, crap, awful, woeful, whatever the f*** word you want to use. How anyone can disagree with that is beyond me, we played long ball football to two lads who did nothing but foul/get fouled/get nowhere near it/lose the ball. What do you call that? Class of the highest order? Good football?

I ENJOYED THE GAME. Im not saying it was a bad match, or a crap game to win. I joined in purely to say that i didnt disagree with anyone saying the first 50 mins were crap THEY WERE.

What the hell were you guys watchin

Wretched.  :lol: Aye alright then mate. Now I know the kind of insane opinions I'm up against I'll just stop.

wretch·ed  (rchd)

adj. wretch·ed·er, wretch·ed·est

1. In a deplorable state of distress or misfortune; miserable: "the wretched prisoners huddling in the stinking cages" (George Orwell).

2. Characterized by or attended with misery or woe: a wretched life.

3. Of a poor or mean character; dismal: a wretched building.

4. Contemptible; despicable: wretched treatment of the patients.

5. Of very inferior quality:

You disagree with that summing up the first 50 minutes then yeah?

What an insane opinion, give over

Guest firetotheworks

Sorry but what do you expect? Inferior to what? 'Boro? No. The rest of the quality in this league? No. What we're used to? No.

I know I should let this drop, but I have to agree with Jayson.

Boro were turgid and there for the taking. Yes I am delighted to get another 3 points, another clean sheet and to be 10 points clear. But we all know the quality in this league is a joke and when we go up, if we dont change over half of the team we will struggle.

For a home game like this, with a huge crowd backing us, it would have been nice to see us get the ball down and attack them, much like the we did for the last 10-20 minutes.

The long ball tactics succeeded in this case, but I didnt enjoy watching it.

I can't believe we come down to quoting dictionary definitions in arguments :lol:

def⋅i⋅ni⋅tion  /ˌdɛfəˈnɪʃən/  Show Spelled Pronunciation [def-uh-nish-uhn]  Show IPA

Use definition in a Sentence

See web results for definition

See images of definition

–noun 1. the act of defining or making definite, distinct, or clear.

2. the formal statement of the meaning or significance of a word, phrase, etc.

3. the condition of being definite, distinct, or clearly outlined.

4. Optics. sharpness of the image formed by an optical system.

5. Radio and Television. the accuracy of sound or picture reproduction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:

1350–1400; ME diffinicioun < OF diffinition < L dēfīnītiōn- (s. of dēfīnītiō), equiv. to