Newcastle United 2-0 Middlesbrough - 20/12/09 - post match reaction from page 15

Nate

Guest Geordiesned

Probably already mentioned but a big reason for the large empty spaces at kick off was due to the fact the metro was fucked. I was stood on a crowded platform at west monkseaton when they announced at 12.20 that there was a points failure at North Shields meaning no metros were running in either direction. Cue complete panic! Tried every taxi firm I know but none could get me a taxi before 1pm. Headed out the station not exactly sure how I was going to get to town. Car pulled up with a wife about to drop husband off for metro. Told him that metros were off and he kindly offered me a lift to the town. Heaving outside the turnstiles but still only missed a couple of minutes.

Probably already mentioned but a big reason for the large empty spaces at kick off was due to the fact the metro was fucked. I was stood on a crowded platform at west monkseaton when they announced at 12.20 that there was a points failure at North Shields meaning no metros were running in either direction. Cue complete panic! Tried every taxi firm I know but none could get me a taxi before 1pm. Headed out the station not exactly sure how I was going to get to town. Car pulled up with a wife about to drop husband off for metro. Told him that metros were off and he kindly offered me a lift to the town. Heaving outside the turnstiles but still only missed a couple of minutes.

Aye, the guy next to me got in about 1.20pm because of it.

Now there's a surprise!  :lol:

;D

He's never normally early like is he.

As an aside, there was an incident in the second half when Harewood chased down a pass back to their keeper, and nearly got a goal by getting in the way of the clearance.

The notable thing was that Harewood chased the ball at full pelt and spread himself as wide as possible to get the block in. I get irritated when I see strikers do a half-hearted chase in that situation, and that tends to be the norm. If you're going to pressure the keeper, give it all you've got. You never know what's going to happen once you put a bit of panic into the keeper's head.

The only time that I can remember a forward successfully charging down a kick, picking up the loose ball & scoring was when Beardsley managed it.  Got ruled offside as I remember.

As an aside, there was an incident in the second half when Harewood chased down a pass back to their keeper, and nearly got a goal by getting in the way of the clearance.

The notable thing was that Harewood chased the ball at full pelt and spread himself as wide as possible to get the block in. I get irritated when I see strikers do a half-hearted chase in that situation, and that tends to be the norm. If you're going to pressure the keeper, give it all you've got. You never know what's going to happen once you put a bit of panic into the keeper's head.

The only time that I can remember a forward successfully charging down a kick, picking up the loose ball & scoring was when Beardsley managed it. Got ruled offside as I remember.

Shearer did it against Man City not that long ago. Just after kickoff.

The only time that I can remember a forward successfully charging down a kick, picking up the loose ball & scoring was when Beardsley managed it.  Got ruled offside as I remember.

Aye, something like 10.25 seconds

;D

He's never normally early like is he.

Normally fucking bladdered too.

The only time that I can remember a forward successfully charging down a kick, picking up the loose ball & scoring was when Beardsley managed it. Got ruled offside as I remember.

"Something like" and then you've rounded it to the nearest 100th of a second. :lol:

"Something like" and then you've rounded it to the nearest 100th of a second. :lol:

:lol: I wasn't THAT specific though.

I would love to know who the Boro scout was who had been to watch NUFC and reported back to Strachan that they should send most of there attacks down there right hand side,  they constantly knocked balls down their right hand channel, normally for Lita but they were playing to where our 2 best players were, Colo and Jose who also had Jonas to help him, madness.  Anyone watching us in the last 6 games or so will know that Colo and Jose are playing brilliantly.

I would love to know who the Boro scout was who had been to watch NUFC and reported back to Strachan that they should send most of there attacks down there right hand side,  they constantly knocked balls down their right hand channel, normally for Lita but they were playing to where our 2 best players were, Colo and Jose who also had Jonas to help him, madness.   Anyone watching us in the last 6 games or so will know that Colo and Jose are playing brilliantly.

But that Coloccini and Enrique are hapless remember. The media said so.

I would love to know who the Boro scout was who had been to watch NUFC and reported back to Strachan that they should send most of there attacks down there right hand side,  they constantly knocked balls down their right hand channel, normally for Lita but they were playing to where our 2 best players were, Colo and Jose who also had Jonas to help him, madness.   Anyone watching us in the last 6 games or so will know that Colo and Jose are playing brilliantly.

But that Coloccini and Enrique are hapless remember. The media said so.

Johnson being injured and having no one of quality down the left might also have played part in why they went down the right, still though, daft tactics

Guest Haris Vuckic

The poster of reply number 6 on that thread on RTG was on msn to me after the game. He said:

1. Boro outplayed us

2. The atmosphere at SJP was sterile

3. We only won because of the ref

4. The he "hopes Steven Taylor dies"

He's a ST holder at the Dark place and attends most away games. Tbh he sums them up in one.

To be fair, the atmosphere wasn't great.

But the fact that Sunderland are miles better than us and in the division above, they have money and a decent manager and all they can talk about is Newcastle United  :coolsmiley:

doing well and getting unheard of crowds in the league below speaks volumes.

They got 47k once in this league but they were already up and they were giving tickets away!

and for the 1992 crew they should look at crowds they were getting before the premier league the fickle, hypocritical bastards,

The fact is now we are shit and we are still getting good crowds, people who jumped on the bandwagon when we were good don't matter.

Horrible bitter, deluded mackem shites.

Not the best performance in fairness...however we dont have to get out of 2nd gear in this league.

With the length of the season and the amount of games I'm pretty fucking glad we are beating teams easily with only going at it half arsed at times. It means we will have more in reserve come the end of the season.

I'm yet to see any other team that can cause us real problems in this league, especially at home.

Anyhow, Collo was fucking immense today, Enrique was top notch.  Jonas was decent too. The rest of the team put in a good shift and Danny Guthries cross for Shola's goal was fanfuckingtastic...infact as soon as he'd hit it I was in the air celebrating.

L7 was good craic, however that fucking nonce who threw the chair in the away end deserves a kick in the fucking face.  Why try and steal our seats...I dunno...they have plenty fucking spare in thier own shit ground.

Summary of today:

Boro should be embarrased

they will be in this league for years

their fans are laughable

Colo did not a thing wrong but in fairness he was up against a conference level striker.

Some prat on the BBC website:

"I quite like Newcastle and have good friends who support them, but some Geordie fans were way off the mark in predicting that they would teach Boro a footballing lesson." thefallofalfsoneandonly

I never heard anyone predicting that, like.

Guest Heneage

A boro fan told me they would win the league by 20 points and play like brazil all season.

honest.

Of coures they did, because they had this wealth of young talent and a fantastic academy to fall back on. You look at their team today and there's a fair few who just aren't up to it. Which forced them into panic loan signings like Marcus Bent.