Danny Simpson (now retired)

Guest toonlass

Hmm. Very conflicted about this kid now. On one hand, he's really a very mediocre player. On the other hand, he just tweeted #CostcoIsLedge and posted this pic:

http://i.imgur.com/Fp6HT.jpg

Find it very hard to dislike a fan of Costco.

I like Simpson despite his short comings, would be a bit of a shame to see him go. Though tbf if he isn't going to start for us, which he shouldn't, he needs to be elsewhere. He'd be a horrific squad player, imo. He needs constant games to stay mildly on the ball. I do think he'll improve with age and games too, sadly we'll never see that. Time for him to go.

I like Simpson despite his short comings, would be a bit of a shame to see him go. Though tbf if he isn't going to start for us, which he shouldn't, he needs to be elsewhere. He'd be a horrific squad player, imo. He needs constant games to stay mildly on the ball. I do think he'll improve with age and games too, sadly we'll never see that. Time for him to go.

Totally agree, well excluding the part about liking him. I think he's an utter ring piece.

Guest Shaun

Hmm. Very conflicted about this kid now. On one hand, he's really a very mediocre player. On the other hand, he just tweeted #CostcoIsLedge and posted this pic:

Used to have a teddy bear that big when I was a little'un, always wondered what happened to it. My mum says I never did. . .

Used to have a teddy bear that big when I was a little'un, always wondered what happened to it. My mum says I never did. . .

The teddy didn't exist. It was just propaganda.

I wonder if perchs good performances second half of season means defensive signings have been pushed back in importance

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NlBEMWNGFuc/TbgM-UNs0HI/AAAAAAAAcTo/mAtPL1iwmfc/s1600/meme_faces_07.jpg

Guest Mackem Logic

Seems to be a lot on Twitter claiming Reading have agreed a fee for him?

Hopefully his replacement is agreed/on the way too, if true?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'd see it as positive news yeah, can't imagine us selling without being having another deal ready to conclude.

Seems to be a lot on Twitter claiming Reading have agreed a fee for him?

Hopefully his replacement is agreed/on the way too, if true?

Fingers crossed. He had become the whipping boy here and he isn't all that bad for a squad player, weakest link in the team though clearly and we can get better.

If his departure means we can afford to get Debuchy in faster then please Danny, god fucking speed.

Even if it doesn't mean that, floor it Danny. Get down to Reading asap.

Yeah, but they're sponsored by Waitrose. Swings and roundabouts.

edit: A bizarre kind of irony that Danny Simpson could well be playing for a team sponsored by a firm that thinks people should pay way over the odds for very standard level items

I fear we miss him a great deal. He is the guy with the most clearance in the PL off the line last year. He gave us all when he played I wonder who will clear all those balls.

We *could* just try and tackle the player rather than backing off onto our own goal line?