Newcastle United 0 - 0 Derby County - 28/12/09 - post match reaction from p12

Dave

Thats our lead cut down to 6 points and with WBA's game in hand against the basement club that will soon be down to 3. They've got a superior goal difference and by the time we play them it could be their chance to go on top, if they're not their beforehand. Surely we cant blow another big lead at the top of the league!? I can see it now, Graham Fenton coming out of retirement and scoring a double again while Hughtonm goes on a Keeganesque rant...

Having said that I've got faith in Hughton and I think he'll turn it around and we'll get back on track again.

We're STILL doing far better at this time than i thought we'd be.

I'd rather be in our position than either Forest or WBA

But we'll need to wake up and stop missing chances er...sorry...brilliant saves from impossible chances (happy now ?) and stop giving away silly goals.

The last three games were NOT against teams at the top either, remember.

But if we learn from our mistakes blah blah blah....

Thats our lead cut down to 6 points and with WBA's game in hand against the basement club that will soon be down to 3. They've got a superior goal difference and by the time we play them it could be their chance to go on top, if they're not their beforehand. Surely we cant blow another big lead at the top of the league!? I can see it now, Graham Fenton coming out of retirement and scoring a double again while Hughtonm goes on a Keeganesque rant...

Having said that I've got faith in Hughton and I think he'll turn it around and we'll get back on track again.

Wish I did. :(

Wish I did. :(

Must admit, it's pretty much blind faith like!

To be honest, I believe that we are were we are despite most of our performances.

But I'll never look a gift horse in the mouth (stupid saying that, come to think of it)

Because Pancrate performed better when he was on the pitch. I'm a fan of Jonas but he once again let himself down with his delivery.

What did Pancrate do? Seriously, I can't remember anything of note - and I'm not taking the piss.

Thought Colo was very good today but Enrique (and I'm one of his biggest fans) needs to have a look at his distribution - where he was calm and assured upto the last few weeks he's wasted a fair number of passes over the last 5 matches. That said, he's got nothing in the middle moving for him.

It seems we've built the team around Nolan who doesn't actually move for the ball when the full backs are in possession therefore it always comes into Smith (as Nolan hovers in no mans land/looking for a gap) who is steady but not the best distributor - that's why we're crying out for a playmaker - we don't have one player in our entire squad who can receive the ball and work the channels with a variety of range.

Nolan's an absolute luxury when he doesn't score (stupid statement I know) but this 'hovering' in space is actually his way of not keeping up with the play and hence being able to blow out of his arse due to his abysmal fitness levels.

We're carrying him and he's not good enough for that.

Knew it was going to be just one of those days after the 1st 20 mins, battered them but just could not put the ball away. All is not lost lets not panic yet, we just tried to be a bit to clever today and Shola thinking he is fkn Pele, he just oves those little flicksand backheels its a shame they never fkn work.

It's a if Hughton follows a script every week.

Attack in the first half, half time team talk is to sit back and soak up pressure, he makes sub in the 60/65th minute, one with 15 to go then one in the last ten.

He just doesn't react to the game. It wasn't working by half time, so he should have made the changes there and then.

Guthrie not even getting on the pitch was a criminal decision.

f***ing Sky's coverage was w*** aswell, all they did was talk about Miles Addison. They couldnt go 5 minutes wiuthout mentioning how knackered he looked and if they did they started talking about our results against them 2 year ago.  :facepalm:

Yup is was pretty bad and super pro Derby.  Shocking commenrty, getting them all excited about  0-0.  Fucking terrible, Derby done sweet fuck all.

Create that many opportunities in our other games we'll be grand. Poor finishing let us down. Second half shouldn't have dropped the urgency we had in the first. People going way ott on here like.

Need a natural RM, we are so one sided it's ridiculous

Create that many opportunities in our other games we'll be grand. Poor finishing let us down. Second half shouldn't have dropped the urgency we had in the first. People going way ott on here like.

Need a natural RM, we are so one sided it's ridiculous

Agree with you 100%, but in the same line you make the same point which was the CAUSE of "people going way ott" !