Could we survive?

Dave

Frankly if we fail to sign at least 6 players we'll be dead certs for relegation.

We won't.  

Nailed on this is what will happen:

If we get promoted, within a week Ashley will announce that the club is back on the market, with an increased price tag of around £150-200m (ignoring the fact we'll need to spend about £50m to stay up).

We'll spend the summer in limbo, without a buyer and without any signings. Ashley will give up and announce he's holding on to the club for another season. We'll bring in a few loans and a few panic buys and we'll be bottom at christmas. At which point Hughton will be sacked and Kinnear will be brought back in to oversee our relegation.

Frankly if we fail to sign at least 6 players we'll be dead certs for relegation.

We won't.  

Nailed on this is what will happen:

If we get promoted, within a week Ashley will announce that the club is back on the market, with an increased price tag of around £150-200m (ignoring the fact we'll need to spend about £50m to stay up).

We'll spend the summer in limbo, without a buyer and without any signings. Ashley will give up and announce he's holding on to the club for another season. We'll bring in a few loans and a few panic buys and we'll be bottom at christmas. At which point Hughton will be sacked and Kinnear will be brought back in to oversee our relegation.

Yep, sounds about right.

We'd need at least a new striker with pace and two experienced creative players. probably only wishful thinking but if Man City keep spending I would see if Petrov was available in the summer.

Nah, Hughton is a crap manager, team itself in my opinion if they had the right manager would be enough to stay up just, but we do need atyleast 4 players, a decent manager and nocrap weatheror not the club is going to sold or isn't all the time.

The thing is, the majority of players being linked with moves away are being linked with Premiership Clubs - Enrique, Carroll, Taylor, even Nolan was linked with Jull, Lovenkrands nearly signed for Birmingham, Premiership clubs supposed to be looking at Simpson and Jonas & Colo being linked with all manner of European clubs. Some of the players we've got, individually, are good enough for the Premiership, how many of those players I listed would get a start in the Premiership is another matter, but we are nowhere near a good enough team at present. Birmingham and Fulham are the types of models to look at, decent players with a few who are exceptional but two solid units.

Need 3 new midfielders and 2 new strikers at an absolute minimum.

This, plus a new manager.

3 new midfield players with energy and pace, lets not add anymore lumbering players.  Cant see us getting them like.

We have to add serious pace to our side but that means fuck all to pork pie.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

First Team Players- Harper,  Taylor, Coloccini, Enrique, Guthrie, Jonas, Simpson (If signed permanently, looked average when on loan at Blackburn if iirc)

Squad Players- Lovenkrands, R.Taylor, Smith, Carroll, Ameobi

That's about it. I think Nolan will be out of his depth- not even sure about him as a squad member.

Harper

Simpson (*)  Taylor    Coloccini  Enrique

?                  Guthrie      ?            Jonas

?              Lovenkrands/Carroll/Ameobi

Lovenkrands, Carroll and Ameobi would do jobs, but not together. We'd need a new decent striker to partner one of them. With that template and 3/4 new signings- We could finish 16th/17th.

First Team Players- Harper,  Taylor, Coloccini, Enrique, Guthrie, Jonas, Simpson (If signed permanently, looked average when on loan at Blackburn if iirc)

That's about it. I think Nolan will be out of his depth- not even sure about him as a squad member.

Harper

Simpson (*)   Taylor    Coloccini   Enrique

?                   Guthrie      ?            Jonas

?               Lovenkrands/Carroll/Ameobi

Lovenkrands, Carroll and Ameobi would do jobs, but not together. We'd need a new decent striker to partner one of them. With that template and 3/4 new signings- We could finish 16th/17th.

No Barton??

If Hull go down I'd go straight for that irish fella with the long  hair. 

2/3 Signings and we'd survive.

The defence would do alright.

Probably need one prem standard striker to partner Loven & a central/right sided midfielder.

And to never use Butt/Geremi again.

I really doubt the defence is up to PL standard - the difference is in both speed of thought and certainty of execution our lot are pretty slow

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Harper

Simpson (*)   Taylor    Coloccini   Enrique

?                   Guthrie      ?            Jonas

?               Lovenkrands/Carroll/Ameobi

No Barton??

If Hull go down I'd go straight for that irish fella with the long  hair. 

Aah I completely forgot- It's been a while since he's played.

We'd need 8 good signings at least IMO, we are shite, regardless of being top of the fizzy pop league.

Im not sure our shiteness is down to lack of ability. I think its effort, and motivation which needs better leadership.

yes were shite, but i think if we showed commitment and effort we could better 3 teams in the prem.