Joey Barton blasts players' lifestyle

David28

He is right to be fair, not like he can take the moral highground but fair play. On the pitch it would be nice to have him back, could use his passing which is better than most in our team.

As much as I like him as a player, we have yet to see him mend his ways. Hes talking like he's all sorted and a changed man. He's talked like that before and still went on to do stupid things. As far as I remember, his interview with Gabby Logan was before he was fighting in the streets of Liverpool.

As much as I like him as a player, we have yet to see him mend his ways. Hes talking like he's all sorted and a changed man. He's talked like that before and still went on to do stupid things. As far as I remember, his interview with Gabby Logan was before he was fighting in the streets of Liverpool.

No. This interview what you mean was in December 2008. His Liverpool street fight was in 07.

btw here's the interview of today to listen to: http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8399000/8399845.stm

No. This interview what you mean was in December 2008. His Liverpool street fight was in 07.

btw here's the interview of today to listen to: http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8399000/8399845.stm

Ah right. Fair enough. Just seems like a long time ago that interview.

Good on Joey Barton.  I've fought my own demons and have gotten a few extra chances when I didn't deserve it.  In the end I faced reality and made the changes that I could make and am a better person for it.  He's saying all the right things and, quite frankly, that's the easy part.  If he is making the changes in his life that he has to make, he'll be a better man for it.  I wish him well.

Best football interviewee of his generation, tbh. Shame the actual football part of his profession doesn't match up.

Hes a quality footballer when he gets a run of games though. I would go as far as saying our most talented player.

Best football interviewee of his generation, tbh. Shame the actual football part of his profession doesn't match up.

This. Always found his interviews very intresting. He talks a good game, much like Craig Bellamy.

Of course they wouldn't be the same. 

I don't think I'd be far off in saying that's because they don't consider Carroll and his rap sheet to be anything nearly as bad as Barton. 

Or were you implying another bias behind the switching of opinion?

i would say, depending on the impending police investigation, his rap sheet could be far worse. i still dont think people will react to him in the way they react to Barton.

This. Always found his interviews very intresting. He talks a good game, much like Craig Bellamy.

Bellamy also plays a good game too. Class player.

Guest toonlass

Love the "Holier than thou" attitude bandied about in this thread. We all know that Joey Barton has been a twat, in the past, but he is really trying hard to sort his life out now. Credit to the lad for that, and he is right, most premiership footballers are motivated by money and the next flash car they can own.

Love the "Holier than thou" attitude bandied about in this thread. We all know that Joey Barton has been a twat, in the past, but he is really trying hard to sort his life out now. Credit to the lad for that, and he is right, most premiership footballers are motivated by money and the next flash car they can own.

What about Bartons's 'holier than thou' attitude? What right has he got to criticise any footballer, ffs? Aye, so they're pricks and spend their money on shite: look at what Barton's done, man. And at least they're playing football, ffs.

Love the "Holier than thou" attitude bandied about in this thread. We all know that Joey Barton has been a t***, in the past, but he is really trying hard to sort his life out now. Credit to the lad for that, and he is right, most premiership footballers are motivated by money and the next flash car they can own.

He's come out with this shit before and it didn't change him then, why should he be given any slack?  He said the same after signing for us then went out on the piss in Liverpool and ended up doing time for it.  He's a nutter and has no right to preach to others.

Guest toonlass

Love the "Holier than thou" attitude bandied about in this thread. We all know that Joey Barton has been a t***, in the past, but he is really trying hard to sort his life out now. Credit to the lad for that, and he is right, most premiership footballers are motivated by money and the next flash car they can own.

He's come out with this shit before and it didn't change him then, why should he be given any slack?  He said the same after signing for us then went out on the piss in Liverpool and ended up doing time for it.  He's a nutter and has no right to preach to others.

Maybe cos it seems that he has actually done things to change himself rather than just talking about it. He has stopped drinking which is not the easiest thing in the world to do. He also wasn't in Tiger Tiger having a set to with fans on Monday night was he? Or chucking glasses at people over this christmas time was he? Two years have passed. When does he have to do to prove that he has changed?

Maybe cos it seems that he has actually done things to change himself rather than just talking about it. He has stopped drinking which is not the easiest thing in the world to do. He also wasn't in Tiger Tiger having a set to with fans on Monday night was he? Or chucking glasses at people over this christmas time was he? Two years have passed. When does he have to do to prove that he has changed?

Actions speak louder than words, talking about it seems to come easy to Barton.  As for him not drinking, big deal, if he had more self control he wouldn't have to stop. 

As for the other stuff that he hasn't done, somebody else being a prick is no reflection on Barton.