Newcastle United 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle - 13/01/10 - post match reaction from p15

Dave

Good stuff. Loven hasn't really been given a fair crack of the whip upfront, alongside another more physical forward. Seems like he would be a really good foil and so I wonder why it hasn't been given more of a chance. Felt he would be a better option than Harewood has been.

In that first half agaisnt Swansea (Harewood/Loven), our players have never looked more like connecting with each other - and playing actual football. I think that was probably our best partnership, though we've not seen enough of Shola and Loven, which will hopefully get a run out against West Brom on Monday. From a footballing perspective they're our two best strikers.

Lovelyhands has ummed and ahhed all season long but tonight does beg the question - why the hell hasn't he been given a fairer crack of the whip? When Harewood scored, he stayed in the team on merit. It should have been the case with Lovenkrands aswell. In that Swansea game, our left side took the opposition to fucking Alaska.

Without trying to get ahead of myself, as i've seen literally nothing of the game tonight, hopefully this'll change Hughton's mind on a couple of things. Lovenkrands on top form is probably a cut above this league.

Pedro - 15000ish was mentioned earlier in the thread. I thought about 20k, but there were lots of empty seats. Why? I wonder if many fans just aren't arsed about the FA Cup this year and have perhaps picked that up from Hughton?

Either way - I enjoyed it, though we never had to shift out of 2nd. Enrique and Jonas linked up well down the left. Pancrate looks a flash in the pan and not good enough to be here any length of time. Krul had nout to do, so he must have been freezing his tits off. :D

15,850 ish apparently.

Where's that lad who spent 15 minutes arguing with me yesterday about Carroll having better control than Lovenkrands, another embarrassing day of me being proved completely wrong eh.

You also said Carroll-Lovenkrands wouldn't work didn't you?  Seemed alright tonight.