The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Helped a woman out of the snow? :lol:

He's been paid £40K a week and can barely run, man. His physical conditions is an absolute abomination and if this isn't a reflection of his attitude and professionalism, what is?

:lol:

The fuck are you chuntering on about? For someone in such awful physical condition he's done well to play 35 times this season - more than anyone else in the team.

He's heavy set and he's not particularly quick but if you watch him for any length of time it's clear to all he's fit enough.

He's been paid £40K a week and can barely run, man. His physical condition is an absolute abomination and if this isn't a reflection of his attitude and professionalism, then what is?

Well Geremi was paid similar, if not more and couldn't run. Never heard any stories of his unprofessionalism

He's been paid £40K a week and can barely run, man. His physical conditions is an absolute abomination and if this isn't a reflection of his attitude and professionalism, what is?

The f*** are you chuntering on about? For someone in such awful physical condition he's done well to play 35 times this season - more than anyone else in the team.

He's heavy set and he's not particularly quick but if you watch him for any length of time it's clear to all he's fit enough.

Absolute bollocks. It's a massive indictment of Hughton that he's played 35 times this season, not an endorsement of Nolan's fitness which most on this forum can see is very poor.

He's been paid £40K a week and can barely run, man. His physical condition is an absolute abomination and if this isn't a reflection of his attitude and professionalism, then what is?

Well Geremi was paid similar, if not more and couldn't run. Never heard any stories of his unprofessionalism

Geremi is 47, not 27.

I like Hughton I think he's done well with the squad that we have and I would be happy to see him manage Newcastle next season. However should we gain promotion I think his position here is dependant upon if Ashley sells the club or not. If Ashley stays so does Hughton, otherwise I think we will be seeing a new manager.

Hughton stays then.

Geremi is 47, not 27.

There's four years difference.

Nolan's physical condition has nothing to with his attitude, neither did Geremi's for that matter.

Your clutching at straws.

The f*** are you chuntering on about? For someone in such awful physical condition he's done well to play 35 times this season - more than anyone else in the team.

Absolute bollocks. It's a massive indictment of Hughton that he's played 35 times this season, not an endorsement of Nolan's fitness which most on this forum can see is very poor.

No, it's a massive indictment of the state of our midfield.

I think most on this forum can see you talk utter shite on a consistant basis. I have sat and watched Nolan with my own eyes (something I doubt you have due to the complete horseshite you post on here not just in this thread but everywhere else) more times than I care to count this season and there is no way he is unfit.

Geremi is 47, not 27.

Point is Geremi was in no way unprofessional but very slow and heavy legged, genetics if you will.

You said that Nolan's condition was 100%, undisputed, unequivicolly due to his unprofessionalism and that there was no other explanation.

I proved that a persons fitness can be determined by factors outside of professionalism

No way he is unfit? 

f*** off. :lol:

Shearer never did alot of running at the age of 29, was he unfit?

f***ing hell. :lol:

Nothing? Apparently a smiley can avoid losing an arguement. I'll accept that as throwing the towel in.

Nolans game has never been about pace.

Do you expect him to suddenly gain an extra 5 yards if he gets fitter? I think he's probably as fit as he can be , he does the same training as anyone and plays as many matches as anyone. Albeit i think he is in need of a rest but i certainly don't think he is unfit.

No way he is unfit? 

How many times have you see Nolan play this season without the help of a Sky dish?

Does a cable count?

I'd have to say the Shearer argument doesn't really work - he'd had a rather serious injury or two causing his lack of running. To my knowledge Nolan has never suffered a career threatening injury. Looking at the size of Nolan (and having tried on one of his shirts from earlier in the season) he does seem rather on the large side for a professional athlete. I think he was used to being hammered by Allardyce and his team of obsessives and since he's not had them to push him, he's let himself go a bit.

Do you expect him to suddenly gain an extra 5 yards if he gets fitter? I think he's probably as fit as he can be , he does the same training as anyone and plays as many matches as anyone. Albeit i think he is in need of a rest but i certainly don't think he is unfit.

Agree with that. I think you can attribute his slight dip in form to him being burnt out.

No way he is unfit? 

How many times have you see Nolan play this season without the help of a Sky dish?

Does a cable count?

No. Although watching a match in Shearer's Bar counts as a half.

Seriously though, answer the question.

I'd have to say the Shearer argument doesn't really work - he'd had a rather serious injury or two causing his lack of running. To my knowledge Nolan has never suffered a career threatening injury. Looking at the size of Nolan (and having tried on one of his shirts from earlier in the season) he does seem rather on the large side for a professional athlete. I think he was used to being hammered by Allardyce and his team of obsessives and since he's not had them to push him, he's let himself go a bit.

Yeah, that's a good call.

In fact, he's played 2 more games than any other player and 6 more games than any other outfield player.

http://www.nufc.com/2009-10html/app-goals.html

He's always been heavy set.