The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

got quite emotional in his interview with sky.

i havnt liked a manager this much since bobby, in fact, he's only the third manager in my lifetime (28 years) who I have liked.

what a top bloke, who has done a top job.

long may it (and he) continue.

aye, immensely likeable bloke who i have a lot of respect for.

got quite emotional in his interview with sky.

i havnt liked a manager this much since bobby, in fact, he's only the third manager in my lifetime (28 years) who I have liked.

what a top bloke, who has done a top job.

long may it (and he) continue.

You could tell he was holding something back in that touchline interview. He was ready to either burst into tears or snog the face off David Craig and run the length of the pitch singing Blaydon Races :smitten:

An extremely likeable guy and he's built a brilliant team spirit. I've questioned him in the past but you can tell he's growing by the day.

I've said it before, we play our best football by far when we concede and thus, the original tactics go out of the window.

Like Alan Smith and Kevin Nolan, he's done a job this season. However, we shouldn't forget the difficulty in the task that lies ahead.

Why would conceding a goal not be in the game plan? He's respected every side the team has played against.

Guest toonlass

I like Hughton. I think he still has lots to learn but he has done the job he was appointed to. Well done Chris!  :clap:

When getting a goal becomes a neccessity and the players use their own initiative, we play better football.

Howay man, how can you tell the difference between player initiative and hughton's tactics?

Not say it's not true, but it's almost impossible to tell from watching.

Guest toonlass

When getting a goal becomes a neccessity and the players use their own initiative, we play better football.

Howay man, how can you tell the difference between player initiative and hughton's tactics?

Ronaldo knows everything man, he can tell you how good any one player from any of the 92 league teams are, he knows what is said on the Newcastle training ground, and in the dressing room and also what was in Shola's shopping basket a week past tuesday!

Ronaldo knows everything man, he can tell you how good any one player from any of the 92 league teams are, he knows what is said on the Newcastle training ground, and in the dressing room and also what was in Shola's shopping basket a week past tuesday!

How dare you take the piss out of someone for what they believe, why not just leave them to their own opinions?

Its nice to see a nice bloke succeed and be appreciated for being a nice bloke and doing a good job in a nice bloke way.

by players, staff, management and fans.

all to often arseholes and arrogant tits get all the plaudits...but CH has done it in a grounded, polite and respectable way from the start and has achieved success.  :clap:

Guest toonlass

How dare you take the piss out of someone for what they believe, why not just leave them to their own opinions?

:iamatwat:

Guest malandro

That’s true of most teams is it not? They go a goal down and start to play with more drive and ambition, push a few more men forward, take a few more risks. ManU are a good example, score against them and they step up about three gears.

The thing that has struck me this season is how often we’d have been in trouble if the opposition had taken a gilt edged chance. Tonight’s game was little like that. Sheffield could easily have gone two up before we got the kind of pen that is rarely given. I’m also concerned the defence has got a bit cocky, developed bad habits that will be punished next season. However, our promotion is fully deserved and credit is due to the players and the manager. I have some doubts their achievements have been quite as herculean as is made out, but they’ve worked hard and thanks are in order.

That’s true of most teams is it not? They go a goal down and start to play with more drive and ambition, push a few more men forward, take a few more risks. ManU are a good example, score against them and they step up about three gears.

The thing that has struck me this season is how often we’d have been in trouble if the opposition had taken a gilt edged chance. Tonight’s game was little like that. Sheffield could easily have gone two up before we got the kind of pen that is rarely given. I’m also concerned the defence has got a bit cocky, developed bad habits that will be punished next season. However, our promotion is fully deserved and credit is due to the players and the manager. I have some doubts their achievements have been quite as herculean as is made out, but they’ve worked hard and thanks are in order.

what gilt edged chances ?. the best chance until that time was routledges poor finish when one on one.

you're right in general though as its happened many times throughout the season just tonight wasn't an example of it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/apr/05/newcastle-united-promotion-premier-league

Giving power to Kevin Nolan, Alan Smith, Steve Harper and Nicky Butt, a man who as a Tottenham full-back had mixed in Trotskyite circles watched that 'Politburo' ensure his coaching drills and game plans were strictly adhered to.

I like this guy more and more.  Long live Comrade Hughton.

Guest malandro

what gilt edged chances ?. the best chance until that time was routledges poor finish when one on one.

you're right in general though as its happened many times throughout the season just tonight wasn't an example of it.

There was that goalmouth scrabble from the corner in the first half. On another day, in another league that would have hit the back of the net. Perhaps gilt edged was the wrong word but I can’t be bothered with debates about semantics. 

There was that goalmouth scrabble from the corner in the first half. On another day, in another league that would have hit the back of the net. Perhaps gilt edged was the wrong word but I can’t be bothered with debates about semantics. 

i normally think a gilt edged chance is when you think normally it would have went in, not on another day etc. like i said earlier i agree with your point that we got away with true gilt edged chances against us  earlier in the season (particularly before christmas).