The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hughton's in a position that, it really really does have to go properly tits up before we sack him. It has to be so bad that it makes Joe Kinnear look a viable option. Because, lets face it, no manager in their right mind and worth their salt would even consider working under Ashley.

Joe Kinnear should never be viable.

I dun blame him for playing Guthrie on the right.  Routledge is fucking terrible.

That said, we should either call back Kazenga or play Jonas on the right and give a chance to Shane Ferguson.  He has been very impressive so far and definitely deserves a chance now.

Guthrie on the wing lost us our shape today and was why we went 2 goals down. The space Nzogbia had was criminal.

we lost because we have a rubbish team with even worse players. Nowt to do with Guthrie on his own.

I dun blame him for playing Guthrie on the right.  Routledge is f***ing terrible.

That said, we should either call back Kazenga or play Jonas on the right and give a chance to Shane Ferguson.  He has been very impressive so far and definitely deserves a chance now.

We tried it last season against shocking opposition - it didn't work offensively and left us exposed in defence. Moronic decision from Hughton.

I dun blame him for playing Guthrie on the right.  Routledge is f***ing terrible.

We tried it last season against shocking opposition - it didn't work offensively and left us exposed in defence. Moronic decision from Hughton.

I know.  To be fair playing Guthrie or Routledge on the right, to me, are indifferent.  Both are moronic decisions.  I'd rather play Ranger there, at least it worked against Chelsea.

Routledge came on and we had two wingers, we went from 0-2 to 2-2, the first coming within 5 minutes of him coming onto the pitch.

I know.  To be fair playing Guthrie or Routledge on the right, to me, are indifferent.  Both are moronic decisions.  I'd rather play Ranger there, at least it worked against Chelsea.

buy a decent player to play there. Like Charles N'Zogbia.

Routledge came on and we had two wingers, we went from 0-2 to 2-2, the first coming within 5 minutes of him coming onto the pitch.

1-2.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Yeah, Ranger who sloppily gave away the ball for Chelsea's goal from his wide role...

Guest michaelfoster

Hughton has said we cant recall Lua Lua, think he mentioned it after Ben Arfa got injured

I have no worries that Hughton will drop Perch next week for Simpson.

He didn't drop him after Stoke, so why would he drop him now?

Because Simpson might be fit? :lol:

Ryan Taylor has been fit all this time, and pulling out a few decent performances in the cup. And he's no better/worse than Simpson.