The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Taylor is a far better RB than Perch will ever be, that's depressing to say.

If he is then I haven't seen it.

Watch the Chelsea and Accrington games back. Even Jimmy Ryan would have had James Perch in his back pocket.

I have no worries that Hughton will drop Perch next week for Simpson.

He didn't drop him after Stoke, so why would he drop him now?

Because Simpson might be fit? :lol:

Ryan Taylor has been fit all this time, and pulling out a few decent performances in the cup. And he's no better/worse than Simpson.

Hughton had him behind Simpson all last season. I think that's a slight indication of who Chris sees as the better RB.

Didn't want to add it for what Pilko said (i.e it'll get the most votes) but have added it anyway.

I went for it, I couldn't go for either of the other two because I like him and he hasn't lost me yet.

Guest neesy111

Physioroom has S. Taylor back for 31st Oct.  If it means match fit, he should start at RB (not that Hughton will even consider this).  Just spoke to a mackem mate who says they tend to play Malbranque on the left.  If he's up for it he'll fucking run rings around Perch.

I fear for us if Malbranque is on perch.

Surely being unsure about someone is the very definition of not having faith in them... Went for yes. Stand strong and all that. Too much good to just ignore.

I read the poll as being a vote of confidence so couldn't go either way as I don't feel strongly enough at this point one way or the other.

Surely being unsure about someone is the very definition of not having faith in them... Went for yes. Stand strong and all that. Too much good to just ignore.

I read the poll as being a vote of confidence so couldn't go either way as I don't feel strongly enough at this point one way or the other.

Aye, but that's kind of it - an attitude thing. Rare that anything's certain so you have to push yourself to be decisive on a call... You say he hasn't lost you yet so going on that I'd guess you ought to be in the yes camp. I've have concerns sometimes too, obviously, but you just have to swallow them until you're convinced someone must go because having doubts obviously hanging around only makes things worse if anything. Self-fulfilling prophecies, kind of thing.

This may sound petty and stupid, but it all hinges on the teamsheet next week for me.

If Perch is out (through tactics rather than injury) then I'm willing to give him a little while longer. If he, and Nolan, play, then he's lost my confidence completely, regardless of the result.

The answer to this question is another question;

'Do you believe that Hughton would be manager if another owner had taken over when Ashley put the club on the market?' Yes or No..?

I believe the answer would be NO, but with the current ownership, Hughton is about as good as the club will get because nobody with a better record would work for Ashley'Llambias.

Blew it big style yesterday in what was a must win game. Shuttling Guthrie out wide, where he was useless even in the Championship and selecting Lovenkrands ahead of Shola was lousy.

The point got him out of jail to an extent but it was another bad day at the office for Hughton.