The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You lot are really trying hard aren't you? :lol:

There are more pressing matters to hand. Although I heard he was up for the Nobel Peace Prize and has entered himself for the keepy uppy world cup.  :rolleyes:

As I said on toontastic parky, I don't know why but you seem utterly desperate for him to fail. I can't help but think you will be a little disappointed if we stay up next season and he gets a few more plaudits.

As I said on toontastic parky, I don't know why but you seem utterly desperate for him to fail. I can't help but think you will be a little disappointed if we stay up next season and he gets a few more plaudits.

Just staying up would be a failure for a winner.

:shifty:

We won't stay up if CH is manager all season. MA doesn't really mind if we go back down again, he's already saying there is no money. Also with the new parachute payment the fall is a little easier. Keeping CH (who as I've said many times has done a stirling job in the CCC) won't help us stay up even with a modest spend.

All the problems associated with a manager like CH who has no clout and is too timid to make a fuss about having no cash will build into creating bigger issues down the road even when considering getting 'higher profile' loan players. Anybody paying attention will also be aware that the senior players (Nolan etc) have had a very strong hand in how team affairs were run last year, that won't help either in the PL when we start losing and none of them have a clue how to compete in the toughest league in the world.

Could be wrong about all this of course and we get a top 10 finish out of CH and Co and this turns into a Benny Benitez thead.  :cheesy: In that case I'd be delighted to be proved wrong....But I won't be.

We won't stay up if CH is manager all season.

then enlighten who we can realisticly get who can keep us up and don't just make statements like that. none of us know whether hughton can keep us up, 12 months ago if we were told hughton would get us promoted as champions with an unbeaten home record and over 100 points people would have been laughing at the idea.

We won't stay up if CH is manager all season. MA doesn't really mind if we go back down again, he's already saying there is no money. Also with the new parachute payment the fall is a little easier. Keeping CH (who as I've said many times has done a stirling job in the CCC) won't help us stay up even with a modest spend.

All the problems associated with a manager like CH who has no clout and is too timid to make a fuss about having no cash will build into creating bigger issues down the road even when considering getting 'higher profile' loan players. Anybody paying attention will also be aware that the senior players (Nolan etc) have had a very strong hand in how team affairs were run last year, that won't help either in the PL when we start losing and none of them have a clue how to compete in the toughest league in the world.

Could be wrong about all this of course and we get a top 10 finish out of CH and Co and this turns into a Benny Benitez thead.  :cheesy: In that case I'd be delighted to be proved wrong....But I won't be.

Who can we realistically get, that will settle in and gain the trust of the players over the summer, have no money to spend and keep us up?

We won't stay up if CH is manager all season.

then enlighten who we can realisticly get who can keep us up and don't just make statements like that. none of us know whether hughton can keep us up, 12 months ago if we were told hughton would get us promoted as champions with an unbeaten home record and over 100 points people would have been laughing at the idea.

Edit above.

Who can we realistically get, that will settle in and gain the trust of the players over the summer, have no money to spend and keep us up?

How the fuck should I know. I'm not privvy to what we are offering a new manager. We won't get anyone really good under MA that's for sure. But sticking with an inexperienced yes man won't help either. it's always the same in these thread, the thread started has to offer ALL THE SOLUTIONS to the question. Well life isn't like that kids.  :-*

Guest toonlass

Considering that in the statement released on Sunday, where Ashley talks about promoting from within, would you prefer Houghton or Calderwood as Manager then Parky?

So you will just whinge and moan about the bloke but admit you don't have a clue yourself :lol: priceless!

Hughton is a yes man because he doesn't throw his toys out of the pram and quit? I don't know what some people want :lol: but considering they don't know either it's not surprising.

This nonsense about Hughton is doing my head in. Yes in an ideal world he'd not be manager and yes we all know it's most likely going to go tits up for him next season, but let's get behind him for now, eh?

This nonsense about Hughton is doing my head in. Yes in an ideal world he'd not be manager and yes we all know it's most likely going to go tits up for him next season, but let's get behind him for now, eh?

What's the point? Really? The combinatiion of this rookie and MA is going to get us relegated. This thread is basically a wonderland of nonsense.

Considering that in the statement released on Sunday, where Ashley talks about promoting from within, would you prefer Houghton or Calderwood as Manager then Parky?

Might as well promote the tea lady. Are you actuall taking this shitty negative statement seriously? Your's baffled.

So you will just whinge and moan about the bloke but admit you don't have a clue yourself :lol: priceless!

Hughton is a yes man because he doesn't throw his toys out of the pram and quit? I don't know what some people want :lol: but considering they don't know either it's not surprising.

That attitude will last all of the first 12 games. Then this thread will be overloaded with people saying Nolan is fat or somesuch or a pic of Ch with a clowns hat on.... :frantic:

Guest toonlass

Might as well promote the tea lady. Are you actuall taking this shitty negative statement seriously? Your's baffled.

[/quote

Where else do you see a new manager coming from? No proven manager with any sense would touch Newcastle United with a barge pole with Ashley in charge.

I can't see it either, but on the other hand saying let's give CH a go and hope for the best is IMO naive. I started this thread long ago, long before that ridiculous statement, when I still harboured nominal ideas of a squad upgrade and a moderately experienced manager. All I can say is that Ch is going to need a shovel full of luck, let's hope he does.

Guest toonlass

I can't see it either, but on the other hand saying let's give CH a go and hope for the best is IMO naive. I started this thread long ago, long before that ridiculous statement, when I still harboured nominal ideas of a squad upgrade and a moderately experienced manager. All I can say is that Ch is going to need a shovel full of luck, let's hope he does.

I agree with that about him needing a shovel full of luck. If he had the backing financially of Ashley then he might have a chance, especially when you see how much better the team spirit is within the dressing room. But we need to improve on the squad we finished this season with, and even Alex Ferguson or Jose Mourinho would struggle to do anything with the current team we have.

Any manager would need a shovel full or luck so why keep having digs at the one who is here and has done a bloody good job this season?  :undecided:

People who come up with "We wont stay up with CH in charge" baffle me, you've got a crystal ball telling you the future perhaps, hes done a great job this season and on the basis of having a great team spirit at the moment theres a chance he can keep us up if we add some quality loan/freebies/signings to the side, I mean the average amount of points for staying up isnt even 40 anymore, Id say 36-39 would be enough, even if we had to draw every single game next season. Wolves have been a prime example this season.