The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The way he continues to celebrate our goals is brilliant :lol: It's like he's sat in the stands.

Had a thought about this while watching the match today.  I think he gains respect in the squad because he's ...I don't want to say "one of the lads" but he's just a genuine football guy and I can only assume that the team senses that.  He cares as much about the sport as they do and they equally love it.  Obviously this doesn't cover all of the facets of management (and more specifically man-management) but it's a good place to start.

The grin on his face after Enrique scored was priceless.

Had a thought about this while watching the match today.  I think he gains respect in the squad because he's ...I don't want to say "one of the lads" but he's just a genuine football guy and I can only assume that the team senses that.  He cares as much about the sport as they do and they equally love it.  Obviously this doesn't cover all of the facets of management (and more specifically man-management) but it's a good place to start.

I don't think he only cares about football, I think he cares about the club.

Guest Chris P

Well done to Hughton, I hope he's good enough to make the grade here as I don't think we've had a nicer bloke manage the club since Bobby was here.

Hear Hear

Yeah, definitely a more succinct way of saying what I really wanted to say.

Fair play to him. But keeping Nolan on all game when it's clear he's the weakest link is becoming a bit tiresome.

Nolan was one of our better performers today tbf.

No he wasn't, but he did show that there is quality there beneath the rolls of fat he's accumulated. A wasted talent if ever there was one.

So much so, he can't bear to be away from SJP? Would explain our poor away performances like.

So much so, he can't bear to be away from SJP? Would explain our poor away performances like.

Or maybe the players he had to work with had something to do with it?

The football I saw today was light years away from the start of the season but maybe Hughton's just massively lucky.

The football I saw today was light years away from the start of the season but maybe Hughton's just massively lucky.

'light years away' :lol: It was a good result but let's not brush over the fact we were shit for the first hour.

'light years away' :lol: It was a good result but let's not brush over the fact we were s*** for the first hour.

we werent shit for the first hour. they worked their bollocks off closing down very quick all over which is very hard to keep up, they couldnt keep it up. the extra quality told and we deservedly won.

Guest Chris P

That was a fantastic win , whats the problem

The grass was the wrong shade of green.

on the other side of the fence i presume

'light years away' :lol: It was a good result but let's not brush over the fact we were shit

for the first hour.

I think I sat next to you a few years ago. Did you bring a packed lunch and a flask of hot tea?

Guest Chris P

Noone's disputing it was a fantastic win.

so whats all the winghing about

Noone's disputing it was a fantastic win.

so whats all the winghing about

Sorry, we won, end of discussion. Let's just close the forum til Saturday.

'light years away' :lol: It was a good result but let's not brush over the fact we were shit for the first hour.

:dowie: