Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Read the rest ffs!

It's pointless, all I can say is that Willy has gotten lucky for many matches and got suspended in the end.

And that I'm interested in seeing what shape Campbell and Taylor are in.

Coloccini's far more vital to that side than Barton, despite the latter's recent assists.

We've yet to see tbh.Colo rarely misses a game.

True to a certain extent. Because we've conceded many goals during the League Cup.

Read the rest ffs!

It's pointless, all I can say is that Willy has gotten lucky for many matches and got suspended in the end.

And that I'm interested in seeing what shape Campbell and Taylor are in.

I read all of it.

Coloccini's far more vital to that side than Barton, despite the latter's recent assists.

We've yet to see tbh.Colo rarely misses a game.

3 out of the 4 losses last season came with him out of the side. Including that embarrassment down at Derby.

Surely Taylor and Sol are going to be a bit suck it and see tbh? Williamson is in the wrong in this instance but the level of criticism, especially the most extreme puzzles me somewhat. Hes been steady up till press.

I'd agree with this. Williamson isn't Baresi, but he's looked more than capable at this level. Above all, he takes responsibility and gets stuck in.

Williamson is an all rounder, perhaps with no outstanding qualties but no glaring weaknesses that can be exploited. (He's not quick, but he's sufficiently streetwise to make it difficult for opponents to get past) If you look at the others, there's a question mark about Campbell's fitness now, Colo is very weak at defensive set pieces and can be easily muscled out, and Taylor lacks composure. Williamson is the one who I feel I can rely on most.

Williamson looks at times like he was coached on how to defend by Bassong. I.e. let the opposition striker get half a yard on you, then grab every ounce of shirt you can before the world runs out of them. Bearhug if the shirt isn't an option.

Have I missed something? I thought the general feeling was that Williamson was a bargain and him and Collocinni look a great partnership?

???

It was, until the WUMs got their teeth into him and everyone followed suit.

Guest Roger Kint

Once Drogba and co have analised Sol & Saylor they will probably go back to praising him. First season at this level and he hasnt done too badly for me, you expect some mistakes from everyone so hes no worse than many others we have.

Have I missed something? I thought the general feeling was that Williamson was a bargain and him and Collocinni look a great partnership?

???

Just about everyone bar Colocho agrees that he was an absolute bargain. As for it being a 'great' partnership, we all know better.

Guest neesy111

Williamson for the price is still a great deal, he's good for us now.

Going forward (if we stay up), it's debatable whether he'd be able to step it up.  Tbf, we'll make a decent profit on him if we ever come to selling him.

Williamson looks at times like he was coached on how to defend by Bassong. I.e. let the opposition striker get half a yard on you, then grab every ounce of shirt you can before the world runs out of them. Bearhug if the shirt isn't an option.

I'm quite happy for refs to do their job in that area.

He has the philosophy that either the ball or the man can get past him, but not both. At that level, all successful defenders have to think that way.

???

People can't complain about a lack of perspective when it comes to criticising Williamson while going way overboard in slagging off Steven Taylor.

Guest firetotheworks

There's hardly any shade of grey when it comes to opinions on Steven Taylor , but to suggest that he offers more than Williamson based on the past seems groundless imo.

There's hardly any shade of grey when it comes to opinions on Steven Taylor , but to suggest that he offers more than Williamson based on the past seems groundless imo.

By the same token, suggesting Williamson is better than Taylor on the evidence of half a Championship season and some okay performances in the Premier League seems groundless.

Guest neesy111

So is the past irrelevant for all players then?

Guest Roger Kint

Who cares about whether Saylor/Williamson are better? Unless Saylor signs a new deal it could be a short lived arguement.....

Am more worried at the fact Enrique and Barton are down to 18 months on their current deals(and no news on extensions) though theres a silver lining that Guthrie, Loven, Smith and Shola are too ;D

Guest firetotheworks

So is the past irrelevant for all players then?

I know that's a loaded question, so what are you getting at?

Who cares about whether Saylor/Williamson are better? Unless Saylor signs a new deal it could be a short lived arguement.....

Am more worried at the fact Enrique and Barton are down to 18 months on their current deals(and no news on extensions) though theres a silver lining that Guthrie, Loven, Smith and Shola are too ;D

f'ing hell man.

We need to give Enrique a deal NOW.