Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest bimpy474

Such a limited player it's painful, he should be nowhere near our side but i'm not going to critisize him week in week out because it's our reluctance to spend money that's the problem not Williamson. I just think we need to accept him for what he is, a poor player who works hard but ultimately is not a Premier League defender.

Shaun Teale was limited, Garry Monk today is limited. The difference is they know when to play, when to clear it. They know how to play the game without getting in a panic when the ball comes near them.

Willo is not good enough and never has been. He isn't even good enough to be 5th choice at this level. He is a Championship CB. Just.

Such a limited player it's painful, he should be nowhere near our side but i'm not going to critisize him week in week out because it's our reluctance to spend money that's the problem not Williamson. I just think we need to accept him for what he is, a poor player who works hard but ultimately is not a Premier League defender.

Willo is not good enough and never has been. He isn't even good enough to be 5th choice at this level. He is a Championship CB. Just.

Couldn't agree more but surely you agree that it's hardly his fault that he is our 3rd choice when he should be about 6th!

Guest bimpy474

Couldn't agree more but surely you agree that it's hardly his fault that he is our 3rd choice when he should be about 6th!

Of course mate, really is down to board that.  But rather like Simpson i think Pardew sees Willo differently from us and the rest of the people with normal football thinking brains.

His confidence is very brittle, particularly at home. He had a torrid game, but the fact is that he should be on the bench at best and yet there's nobody else to play ahead of him. Been the same since promotion.

His wages are low though and that is the most important thing.

Of course mate, really is down to board that.  But rather like Simpson i think Pardew sees Willo differently from us and the rest of the people with normal football thinking brains.

Well it's simple really. Pards sees in Simpson and Willo two capable defenders. They do what they're asked: defend. Great at parrying away loose balls out of bounds, but ask them to navigate back up field, distribute out of the back, or contribute in any way to a free-flowing kind of football and they're completely useless.

One thing that just typifies the difference between Taylor and Willo, for instance, is how they handle the loose ball. On a break with a defender, Willo does enough to get to the ball and concede the throw-in or corner. He's done his job and prevented the direct shot on goal. But he hasn't really neutralized the threat, just delayed it. Taylor gets to that ball, turns it around, and makes the pass up field. He's prevented the shot and neutralized the threat. Willo has zero ball skills. None whatsoever.

Guest Howaythetoon

This fucking bollocks about Simpson Williams et al being poor footballers and therefore that's why we are shite is fucking boring. Every single member of our side seems shit scared of the ball or all to willing to lump it with the exception of Ben Arfa. The reason we are conceding goals and our defenders like Williams are under pressure a lot is because we simply do not keep the ball or when we are on it, encourage a passing game. I guarantee Williams is instructed to look for the long early ball more than the short keep it moving pass.

His confidence is very brittle, particularly at home. He had a torrid game, but the fact is that he should be on the bench at best and yet there's nobody else to play ahead of him. Been the same since promotion.

I honestly wonder if we couldn't make a profit by flipping him to a Championship side. Have to think a lot of teams would pay for "PL experience."

This fucking bollocks about Simpson Williams et al being poor footballers and therefore that's why we are shite is fucking boring. Every single member of our side seems shit scared of the ball or all to willing to lump it with the exception of Ben Arfa. The reason we are conceding goals and our defenders like Williams are under pressure a lot is because we simply do not keep the ball or when we are on it, encourage a passing game. I guarantee Williams is instructed to look for the long early ball more than the short keep it moving pass.

TBF, this thread is about Willo. We're not discussing grand strategy in here.

Like I said before, Willo just perfectly exemplifies the underlying problem with this squad. Not that he's necessarily the problem.

This f***ing bollocks about Simpson Williams et al being poor footballers and therefore that's why we are s**** is f***ing boring.

Don't think anyone has said that that is the reason we are shite, it's blatently obvious that we have next to no movement when we go forward besides Barfa and so the reason we are shite is that we quickly run out of ideas or try and lump it to Shola.

I honestly wonder if we couldn't make a profit by flipping him to a Championship side. Have to think a lot of teams would pay for "PL experience."

And play who?

And play who?

Does it matter? :lol:

Guest palnese

Well yes, because that's the whole point. There's nobody else, because we're tighter than a nun's cunt.

Streete, Good. They can't be any worse, surely?

Well yes, because that's the whole point. There's nobody else, because we're tighter than a nun's cunt.

Perch would be back by the time Willo would be shipped out. And I have to believe Curtis Good isn't so far away that he can't perform for the first team in a back-up role (which would inevitably mean he'd see playing time).

Well yes, because that's the whole point. There's nobody else, because we're tighter than a nun's c***.

After watching Tavernier's performance, probably the answer is Streete can really be worse than Willo.

Well yes, because that's the whole point. There's nobody else, because we're tighter than a nun's c***.

But untested in the PL. If they were to have an absolute shitter during a game, their confidence would get shot and that could knack their long term development

Guest palnese

But untested in the PL. If they were to have an absolute shitter during a game, their confidence would get shot and that could knack their long term development

A chance I'd be willing to take atm.

Bold thinking but IMO, it would do us more harm than good.

Guest palnese

hen you

It depends. I haven't really watched Good or Streete enough to judge them, but I wouldn't hesitate to play them when you look at the state of Williamson.

hen you

It depends. I haven't really watched Good or Streete enough to judge them, but I wouldn't hesitate to play them when you look at the state of Williamson.

Pardew does rate Streete very highly from what I read but there's no point in throwing them straight right into the deep end - there has to be a bedding in process.