Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest firetotheworks

He's not championship standard imo. He's a clogger and the main good thing about him is that you know what you're going to get and he rarely takes any risks. I think we need to aspire to more (as we do with Taylor imo) if we're going to progress. He shouldnt be in a position where he's playing every week, but the blame for that doesn't rest at his door. Id definitely have him in the squad as back up though.

Tries his best, but a very visible glass ceiling on his capabilities.

Anger directed at him is misdirected though - he's a good, committed professional. It's the fault of Ashley/Dekka/Pardew that he is still so indispensable to our first team.

Painful to see RVP go the long way round him and STILL beat him to the ball to win the corner for their opener.

To think some on here used to rate him on a par with - or even higher than - Saylor...

To be fair to him, at least he plays.

:thup:

Was speaking to him and Rob Elliott for a bit in Revolution last night, such a nice bloke really. Was pretty apologetic about his/the team's performance.

Clearly slightly out his depth at the very highest level and I think he's aware of it tbh.

Guest neesy111

Was speaking to him and Rob Elliott for a bit in Revolution last night, such a nice bloke really. Was pretty apologetic about his/the team's performance.

Clearly slightly out his depth at the very highest level and I think he's aware of it tbh.

I won't complain about his work ethic, tries 100% every game which is most I can ask from him, if he doesn't have the talent then it's the clubs fault he's playing so often.

It's probably not fair on him as well he's needed so often as well as it puts him in the firing line.

Its awful consistently seeing us need 3 or 4 players in a transfer window but only ever getting 1 or 2. Its always CB that gets sacrificed too, meaning we have to put up with Willo again.

Itll happen again in January :(

Good, honest, decent, no-nonsense pro of limited ability.

Reasonable squad player who is playing far more games than he should due to first choice centre halfs being injured.

Nowt else to say really.

He's not championship standard imo. He's a clogger and the main good thing about him is that you know what you're going to get and he rarely takes any risks. I think we need to aspire to more (as we do with Taylor imo) if we're going to progress. He shouldnt be in a position where he's playing every week, but the blame for that doesn't rest at his door. Id definitely have him in the squad as back up though.

Yep, agree with this. He does have some good performances, but when we lose he's normally at least part of the reason why.

I know it's a bit off topic - but why is a player, who has just completed 90 minutes of football, out the night of the game? Maybe I am being unrealistic about this, but surely recovering properly is pretty important? 

I do realise he may have been tucked up in bed by 9.00pm and not touched any alcohol, but still.. it annoys me.

See your point, but I guess the counter argument is that he's just played 7 games in 20 days and is taking the opportunity to unwind with a two week break until the next fixture (which he may well not be playing in). If he's going to go out during the season, last night was probably as good a time as any. He's married with kids isn't he so I doubt he's a nightclub regular?

I know it's a bit off topic - but why is a player, who has just completed 90 minutes of football, out the night of the game? Maybe I am being unrealistic about this, but surely recovering properly is pretty important? 

I do realise he may have been tucked up in bed by 9.00pm and not touched any alcohol, but still.. it annoys me.

I don't know. They were drinking like although they weren't drunk. Like durhamunigeordie says, they've got a fortnight off so why not?

Guest neesy111

I don't know. They were drinking like although they weren't drunk. Like durhamunigeordie says, they've got a fortnight off so why not?

They are very likely to have 2-4 days off since they aren't on national duty.

It isn't so much that I never expect them to go out - I just would have thought that the 3-4 hours after a game was a fairly sensible time to be resting.  By all means go out the next day or something, especially if you have a 2 week break, but the initial recovery time must be quite important I would have thought.

It wouldn't be a problem if he was a 4th choice, you're not going to keep 4 top defenders happy anyway. When he's 3rd choice and the 2nd choice is always injured it's a major problem that continues to be ignored every transfer window. We will pay for it in points but as long as the club can achieve a comfortable mid table and the books are balanced then I think the board are happy.

i just got this vision of the ball bobbling away from him in the last minute against sunderland right infront of the goal with just the keeper to beat. it was like it was a yo-yo tied to his foot that was just unreachable!

Competent backup doesn't get embarrassed repeatedly by the likes of Kevin Doyle and Billy Paynter. If he didn't have a really good attitude he'd be called worse than muck on here.

Nothing to do with attitude, we have had plenty here with good attitudes who have been slated, Leon Best for example ;)