Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

this fucking knacka is 6 feet fucking 5 inches tall and as weak as a pint of fucking Fosters.

Couldn't give a fuck if his confidence is gone, play Perchy alongside Colo vs. Wigan please as the longer he continues to fuck up, the worse we'll be because of it.

Fucking laughable that he gave Walters so much room for their first goal and still could've challenged Jones for the second.

For the first goal he was left trying to mark two men. With the second, he's not always going to win an aerial battle with Kenwyne Jones - the main fault was with Colocinni who seemed completely unaware of Jerome's presence and let him go past without a challenge.

Anybody suggesting we need to sign a CB to see Williamson move down the pecking order to 4th choice need to have a long look at themselves. He shouldn't be anywhere near this football club.

Guest neesy111

Anybody suggesting we need to sign a CB to see Williamson move down the pecking order to 4th choice need to have a long look at themselves. He shouldn't be anywhere near this football club.

Aye.

He's simply not premier league level.

For all the talk about getting Perch ahead of Williamson as CB, he's a worse header of the ball than Williamson. The only times it could work is if he is playing a midget like Defoe in the first game this season, where it depends more on his reading of the game. The typical Premier League striker will absolutely dominate him in the air.

For all the talk about getting Perch ahead of Williamson as CB, he's a worse header of the ball than Williamson. The only times it could work is if he is playing a midget like Defoe in the first game this season, where it depends more on his reading of the game. The typical Premier League striker will absolutely dominate him in the air.

Aye, to be fair to Williamson he's only been outjumped by the giants that are Charles N'Zogbia and Victor Moses.

Not his fault, but his weaknesses are being used as if they're strengths. He's way below the level we should be at right now.

What are his supposed strengths?

Nice hair.

He's super human ain't he?  Pretty sure Ironmans dad gave him a injection years ago which made him man he is today.

Seriously though, in a team that is poor ATM he is by far the weakest link. If I had to I would only choose to play him against maybe 4 teams in the EPL.  Unfortunatly for us were now in a position where we have nothing else, I disagree with people complaining about him hoofing it all the time though, I disagree because whilst I don't like it it's all he has, he is actually playing to his strengths doing that IMO.

Why is it we always struggle with CBs?

For as long as I can remember we've only ever had one or maybe at a push two decent CBs in our squad. We've had to put up with some absolute dross over the years - O'Brien, Bramble, Boumsong, Onyewu, Rozenhal, Williamson, Cacapa, Dabizas, Marcelino, Craig Moore, Ronny Johnsen, Sol Campbell - the list goes on and on and on.

To my mind the only decent ones I can remember us having in that time are Distin, Goma, Woodgate, Colo, Taylor, A Hughes (and he wasn't that great) and Faye (not Amdy)

It can't be that fucking hard to find and buy decent Centre Backs, every other team seems capable of doing it and it's such a vital position that scrimping on shit ones will inevitably cost you a bucket load of points.  If they come at a premium, pay the fucking premium - there's a good reason for it.

For as long as I can remember we've only ever had one or maybe at a push two decent CBs in our squad. We've had to put up with some absolute dross over the years - O'Brien, Bramble, Boumsong, Onyewu, Rozenhal, Williamson, Cacapa, Dabizas, Marcelino, Craig Moore, Ronny Johnsen, Sol Campbell - the list goes on and on and on.

To my mind the only decent ones I can remember us having in that time are Distin, Goma, Woodgate, Colo, Taylor, A Hughes (and he wasn't that great) and Faye (not Amdy)

It can't be that fucking hard to find and buy decent Centre Backs, every other team seems capable of doing it and it's such a vital position that scrimping on shit ones will inevitably cost you a bucket load of points.  If they come at a premium, pay the fucking premium - there's a good reason for it.

Dabizas wasn't dross like. Plus I wouldn't exactly say Steven Taylor should be ranked alongside the decent ones yet either.

There was a couple of moments last night that thoroughly encapsulated his ability. Hoofing and panicking under the slightest pressure. The moment in the first half when he absolutley smashed it towards Perch in the centre circle, causing us to loose possession just summed his decision making up for me.

The sooner we get someone else in the better. Taylor can't be relied upon.

It can't be that f***ing hard to find and buy decent Centre Backs, every other team seems capable of doing it and it's such a vital position that scrimping on s*** ones will inevitably cost you a bucket load of points.  If they come at a premium, pay the f***ing premium - there's a good reason for it.

Dabizas wasn't dross like. Plus I wouldn't exactly say Steven Taylor should be ranked alongside the decent ones yet either.

Maybe, but he wasn't exactly a world beater either was he?! 

Taylor might not be amazing either but compared to some of the other cloggers in that list he's pretty decent.  At least he's got heart and he's prepared to put his body on the line - his main failing is that he seems to be made of fine bone china