Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

• 3 weeks later...

It will be Saylor marking Carroll not Williams.

depends where, i'd go taylor outside the box, williamson inside. carroll wins loads in the air outside the box but rarely has a clue where its going so picking up from it is essential. like stoke away last season, cut down the supply into the box.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably a better thread for this:

One third of the players out there today don't belong at this level, so it's not all his fault. Tactically he's looking more clueless by the game, though.

I'd agree he is clueless not playing hoofball + tight defense when we are forced to use Willo.

At face value it seems preposterous to point the finger at Mike Williamson for bad football. But the truth is, you've got a player in the team that can't play the ball out of defence, that the midfield have to protect, and can't form part of a high line because of his lack of pace.

He should be nowhere near this team. There's no excuse for it, either.

Probably a better thread for this:

One third of the players out there today don't belong at this level, so it's not all his fault. Tactically he's looking more clueless by the game, though.

I'd agree he is clueless not playing hoofball + tight defense when we are forced to use Willo.

At face value it seems preposterous to point the finger at Mike Williamson for bad football. But the truth is, you've got a player in the team that can't play the ball out of defence, that the midfield have to protect, and can't form part of a high line because of his lack of pace.

Bingo.

No excuse, but the explanation is obviously that we missed out on our CB transfer target(s). Fairly sure Pardew knows he's an atrocious defender.

Guest palnese

No excuse, but the explanation is obviously that we missed out on our CB transfer target(s). Fairly sure Pardew knows he's an atrocious defender.

Doubt it.

Such a limited player it's painful, he should be nowhere near our side but i'm not going to critisize him week in week out because it's our reluctance to spend money that's the problem not Williamson. I just think we need to accept him for what he is, a poor player who works hard but ultimately is not a Premier League defender.