Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

my point is that if our players could behave themselves we wouldnt have a problem.

I don't think anyone is really going to dispute that, but fair enough.

noted. this thread just has a distinct air of deflection going on. our players have been idiots, they get punished. talking about huddlestone and de jong's not gonna change it.

The whole thing makes you want to kill someone tbh. Even if De Jong got banned it wouldn't affect Man City much - but it wouldn't get Ben Arfa back, and his loss is a huge blow to us . Its like when Cattermole did Habib Beye in the 08/09 season, it had a big impact on us and I can't even remember if Cattermole got a card and it made no difference to us if he did, the damage he'd caused to our squad was huge. Whereas after the "hideous offences" committed by our players neither Pedersen nor Elmander will even miss a match through injury as a result of the assaults on their person.

Apologies - that's a rant and I know it.

The whole thing makes you want to kill someone tbh. Even if De Jong got banned it wouldn't affect Man City much - but it wouldn't get Ben Arfa back, and his loss is a huge blow to us . Its like when Cattermole did Habib Beye in the 08/09 season, it had a big impact on us and I can't even remember if Cattermole got a card and it made no difference to us if he did, the damage he'd caused to our squad was huge. Whereas after the "hideous offences" committed by our players neither Pedersen nor Elmander will even miss a match through injury as a result of the assaults on their person.

the difference seems to be that all three of the offences by our players were out of the ordinary. a punch, an elbow in the face and a body check/head butt. the message from the F.A. is clearly that if you want to hurt someone, make it look like you're trying to tackle them.

the difference seems to be that all three of the offences by our players were out of the ordinary. a punch, an elbow in the face and a body check/head butt. the message from the F.A. is clearly that if you want to hurt someone, make it look like you're trying to tackle them.

I'd love to see points deductions for blatantly dangerous tackles and decisions based retrospectively, regardless of whether the referee saw it or not. Obviously its not a feasible idea and the dispension of justice would be as flawed as it is now, but something that hits where it counts is needed.

Mikey has denied any wrong doing.

I thought at the time it happened that the ref had actually saw what had happened and he didn't give anything. It would be interesting to see how Webb was positioned and where he was looking at the moment it happened. I get the feeling this is Webb bailing himself out of the shit for not awarding a card/free kick. The linesman obviously saw nothing.

Mikey has denied any wrong doing

Is he denying it because he genuinely believes it or is it an opportunity to stagger the suspensions so that there will be one of the main CB's available for most of the coming matches?

Still can't think that the FA will come up with anything other than a guilty verdict, the only question being would it be a 3 match ban or 4.

Thankfully we've got the strength in depth defensively to cover the loss of Colo and Williamson and who knows, it could be a blessing in disguise.

I'm sorry but this always strikes me as funny. NUFC have a manager and coaching staff who train the players day in and day out. They assess their fitness, ability and suitability for the tactics that they have chosen. Coaches, for the most part, assess the players objectively and with full consideration for putting out the best team on the day.

Williamson IIRC has played every minute this season and therefore has earned that place.

So the team runs in to a bad patch and people are calling for a scapegoat.

This one is "not a premier league player", "Champo standard at best", "shouldn't ever get near the first team", blah blah f*cking blah.

The best part is that if a so-called "favourite" is shite, people call for a "run of matches" to prove himself/get up to speed.

What Williamson did was wrong. I watched the game again and specifically looked at the way Elmander wound him up right from the off. Williamson reacted to it when he shouldn't have; however, I defy anyone who has played CB more than a dozen times to hold their hand up and say they have not lashed out at a dirty centre forward. Hold your hand up so I can look you in the eye and call you a liar...

If you don't like MW then fine, say so, but nattering on about others being better than him is nonsense. If they were better, they would be in the team.

Is he denying it because he genuinely believes it or is it an opportunity to stagger the suspensions so that there will be one of the main CB's available for most of the coming matches?

Still can't think that the FA will come up with anything other than a guilty verdict, the only question being would it be a 3 match ban or 4.

Why would it be 4?

Why would it be 4?

if the fa deem it to be a "frivolous appeal" it can be increased to 4 though whats defined as frivolous only the fa know

Why would it be 4?

if the fa deem it to be a "frivolous appeal" it can be increased to 4 though whats defined as frivolous only the fa know

He hasn't appealed anything though. As is stands, there's nothing to appeal.

Why would it be 4?

He hasn't appealed anything though. As is stands, there's nothing to appeal.

its the fa normal logic doesn't apply to them, but don't be surprised if they throw on an extra game or two for daring to question their judgement

What?

He's only been charged as it stands, which he's denied. He hasn't actually been banned yet so there isn't anything to appeal.

The charge is effectively the ban, which he can either accept or deny - which he has - running the possible risk of a 4 match ban.

What?

He's only been charged as it stands, which he's denied. He hasn't actually been banned yet so there isn't anything to appeal.

The charge is effectively the ban, which he can either accept or deny - which he has - running the possible risk of a 4 match ban.

It doesn't work like that as far as I know. If they find him guilty tomorrow, he then has the option of appealing the ban handed out to him, which is when the ban can be extended.