Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Who that is i really don't know but i'm sure our scouts are capable of finding it.

Yeah, the same scouts who bought a CB who wouldn't complement, nor by complemented by our only nailed-on starting CB. We should just spend good money on a proven CB from the Premier League and stop pretending the alternative has any more credibility.

MYM was a great buy. Up there with our best purchases of recent times. We know we've got Colo's replacement sorted, it's not easy to replace him but we've found an absolute gem.

Spot on, he'll turn out to be one of our best signings in recent history.

I think MYM will be Colo's replacement, but what he needs is an upgrade of Taylor next to him. Someone who is comfortable on the ball but is designated to do the basics very well, can compete with a physical CF, good in the air,  will be positionally sound and allow MYM to go out and try to win the ball, covering behind him. 

Not impossible to find if you are willing to spend the money on it. Unfortunately, we aren't.

Well we've bought a lot of other class players, so let's hope we can find someone who fits our buying policy.

Feel Taylor has only survived at the club this long due to being a local lad. His injury record is ridiculous and getting worse each year.

I agree with most things you say on here Ronaldo and like you I do rate Taylor when he's on form and fit but feel like there seems to be an ongoing thing on here atm about how great Taylor is compared to the other options etc.

The problem every time though is he is never available when you need him. He's been taking up a valuable squad place and I think we'd be far better off getting rid and bringing in someone new.

A bit harsh on Tayls, yes his injuries are a major pain in the arse and he does make some stupid childish decisions but on his day he can be a cracking CB.

Also I think him being a local lad is very important we don't have many left at the club even less around the 1st team.

I think MYM will be Colo's replacement, but what he needs is an upgrade of Taylor next to him. Someone who is comfortable on the ball but is designated to do the basics very well, can compete with a physical CF, good in the air,  will be positionally sound and allow MYM to go out and try to win the ball, covering behind him. 

Not impossible to find if you are willing to spend the money on it. Unfortunately, we aren't.

Well we've bought a lot of other class players, so let's hope we can find someone who fits our buying policy.

Premier League players don't fit our buying policy.

A bit harsh on Tayls, yes his injuries are a major pain in the arse and he does make some stupid childish decisions but on his day he can be a cracking CB.

Also I think him being a local lad is very important we don't have many left at the club even less around the 1st team.

When was the last time he had his day though? Maybe the season we came 5th?

This is what I'm talking about. Are we supposed to forget the City game, the sunderland game last season, the liverpool 0-6? All off the top of my head that he has been involved in recently. Taylor is only decent once he gets a run of games under his belt for me. Always looks a little suspect when he's returning from injuries like he has the past year or so.

This is what I'm talking about. Are we supposed to forget the City game, the sunderland game last season, the liverpool 0-6? All off the top of my head that he has been involved in recently. Taylor is only decent once he gets a run of games under his belt for me. Always looks a little suspect when he's returning from injuries like he has the past year or so.

You'll have Ronaldo crying here, man. Leave it. We all know he's a liability, end of.

A liability who's superior to Williamson in virtually every way when he's on the pitch.

Gotta love Brett projecting his own sexual interest of club personnel onto other posters who merely acknowledge a player being decent.

You'll have Ronaldo crying here, man. Leave it. We all know he's a liability, end of.

I never said he was a liability. I just fear he's getting built up to be something he's not during this absence. I fear people may be a little disappointed when he comes back in and it takes him awhile to get up to speed.

I'm saying he's a decent defender who obviously has more of a future with the club than Colo or Williamson, that's it. Nobody (apart from Tooj, obviously) has been more critical of him than me over the last decade.

I'd much prefer someone like Shawcross but we won't spend that amount of money.

I never said he was a liability. I just fear he's getting built up to be something he's not during this absence. I fear people may be a little disappointed when he comes back in and it takes him awhile to get up to speed.

Well let's hope he doesn't get back in and we keep performing the way we are. I honestly would love it if i never seen Steven Taylor running over to my corner doing fist pumps to the crowd before a ball has even been kicked ever again.

I think he’s alright, not good, not bad. He’s just always capable of doing something completely stupid. Benfica away/City away, he’s never going to learn now, he’s got past the age where he had potential. Dawson at Spurs is what Taylor could have been for us but they’ve both gone in opposite directions. Fans pine over him because he’s a local lad and hates on the mackems, if it wasn’t for this, people wouldn't give him the time of day.

I really hope we veer from our typical transfer policy with our next CB signing. Sign someone who is proven in the league and can come straight in, with no discernible idea that "he'll get better with time". When was the last time we actually did that? I honestly can't remember. We've done the future thing with Mapou and I believe there's every chance he'll turn out to be an excellent centre-back; it would defeat the point of the object signing another who's exactly like that. Given that CB's, typically, can play at their best for more time than anywhere other position (GK aside), surely we can afford a bit of leeway to the '26 and under' restriction?

I don't hold out a great deal of hope, mind. Hasn't Agger been out of favour this season? It would take a fair offer but I'd love to see us get someone like that. Just an example off the top of me head, mind.

I don't hold out a great deal of hope, mind. Hasn't Agger been out of favour this season? It would take a fair offer but I'd love to see us get someone like that. Just an example off the top of me head, mind.

Linked heavily with Barca in the summer and they made him vice captain, aye fair offer will do it  :lol:

I really hope we veer from our typical transfer policy with our next CB signing. Sign someone who is proven in the league and can come straight in, with no discernible idea that "he'll get better with time". When was the last time we actually did that? I honestly can't remember. We've done the future thing with Mapou and I believe there's every chance he'll turn out to be an excellent centre-back; it would defeat the point of the object signing another who's exactly like that. Given that CB's, typically, can play at their best for more time than anywhere other position (GK aside), surely we can afford a bit of leeway to the '26 and under' restriction?

Off to Barca or somewhere like that should he leave Liverpool. I think Caulker would have been perfect. But someone mid to late 20's, you would be looking at Shawcross, Kaboul, Lescott (ok a bit older), Ashley Williams, Winston Reid. Any of them would be fantastic.