Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Hopefully he gets to keep his partnership with MYM for the next game. I rather shift Santon over to the right and bring Dummett/Haidara in than break up a pairing that has been doing well, especially when MYM looks settled.

Brilliant again.  Have to say, I've always said he shouldn't start each week and is only good for a stop gap when others aren't available, but I hope he can keep this form up.  I expected him to have a mare by now.

:clap:

Hate the guy as a footballer...but he's been immense in the past few days.

Gonna have to reassess if he keeps this up.

He's still not the answer as a starter despite these performances and nothing will ever change my mind on that.

I still think he's a good squad player though and always thought that.

Desperately want him to just be good rather than having good spells, for us and for him but can't bring myself to accept it.

It is encouraging that he is the one who seems to be in charge though, always had him as a half decent defender when being babysat.

Even when he has played utter crap for us I have always been impressed with his temperament. He doesn't seem to get phased by anything much. I remember him winning a penalty against the Arse in the famous 4-4, he just walked out of their penalty area back into our half of the pitch with zero emotion. He bosses the line when needed and gets on with his job. That approach doesn't always look good when we are being humped mind, but it's verging on cool when we do well. Would love to see him get his forehead in the right place at one of our set penises, score a goal, and celebrate with a shrug, a clearing of his left nostril and a slow stroll back to our penalty area. I'm not holding my breath on that one though.

always had him as a half decent defender when being babysat.

Babysat by whom? He's always been the boss alongside whoever he's played with. Don't really rate Williamson but he's always been the leader, from his very first game against Palace when he was technically on loan.

Babysat by whom? He's always been the boss alongside whoever he's played with. Don't really rate Williamson but he's always been the leader, from his very first game against Palace when he was technically on loan.

Babysat was probably the wrong term. More when he has a better, confident defender beside him.

Babysat was probably the wrong term. More when he has a better, confident defender beside him.

if anything Williamsons babysitting MYM but I prefer the notion they're covering each other's weaknesses as any good cb pairing should.

Chuffed for Williamson. I think we all got to the point this time last year when we felt a new CB was needed but he's come out of the shadows incredibly well in the last 6 weeks.

It keeps Taylor out of the team as well which is always good. Anyone who thinks 'Tayls' is the answer needs their head checking. He is the common denominator in 10 years of defensive ineptitude (Champ season apart)