Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest micky_123

Williamson has been great for us the last few games. The best thing about him is that he knows his limitations. I never get annoyed with him for launching the ball upfield because he knows he isn't good enough to pass the ball out. That said, I thought his passing vs Chelsea was much much better.

Can't even begin to think about dropping him for Taylor. I wouldn't even take him out for Colo, it would be Colo and Mike with Yanga dropped to the bench for me.

To be fair to Williamson he does always look for a short pass and when he has the ball someone will normally get very close to him to let him do that. Its only when that is closed that he considers the "launch it" option, he knows he can't really play it out so doesn't try.

Guest firetotheworks

Shouldn't be dropped for Taylor. At all.

Or Colo

:lol: Howeh.

Right now .. no..  MYM & Williamson have been solid, no need to rush Colo back into the side.

Anah, but howeh. You don't play either of those two over Colo at this stage.

To be fair to Williamson he does always look for a short pass and when he has the ball someone will normally get very close to him to let him do that. Its only when that is closed that he considers the "launch it" option, he knows he can't really play it out so doesn't try.

My feelings too, he's a lot more willing to pass it short than he used to be. He definitely suffered playing alongside Simpson as well, neither of them had a competent footballer to pass to.

Guest Roger Kint

My feelings too, he's a lot more willing to pass it short than he used to be. He definitely suffered playing alongside Simpson as well, neither of them had a competent footballer to pass to.

Especially with the absence/loss of form of Tiote. Last 5/6 games he has been helping out a lot more with that

Given that there's not a lot to choose between all four CBs, we may as well stick with a pair who seem to be building a reasonable partnership. We can debate the finer points, but you can't say that there's a particularly strong case for re-instating Colo or Taylor.

I would go as far as to say that he's one of the best 4th choice CBs in the league. So glad we didn't get rid of him during the summer for peanuts.

I read that at first as being one of the best 4 CBs in the league  :lol:

Pleased he's doing well though.

I would go as far as to say that he's one of the best 4th choice CBs in the league. So glad we didn't get rid of him during the summer for peanuts.

I read that at first as being one of the best 4 CBs in the league  :lol:

Pleased he's doing well though.

Probably not far off this season :lol: