Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

I know the old glamour days of signing big name players for big money was great but there's just something really exciting about bargain basement shopping.

Just the feeling that you might snap up a great youngster for peanuts or a rough diamond for a couple of million. Don't get me wrong, i'd love us to be in Man City's shoes right now but I am enjoying our shrewdness more than I ever though I would.

Take Bassong for example - It all went a bit sour in the end but he was one of my favourite signings ever. Cost next to nothing, turned out to be brilliant, sold for £8m.

I know what you mean, it is enjoyable.

I'm not a massive fan of loan signings, as they never feel like your player, but I know we need them in our current situation.

Yeah, I agree with the loan signings thing, short term ones anyway. If we're loaning a player with a view to a permanent contract I don't mind it at all. It gives the club time to assess whether the player is worth paying the asking price for which, again, is pretty shrewd.

I still can't actually believe how clever we were with the Williamson signing though. Who at NUFC has the foresight to sort that out? I'm totally baffled.

I know the old glamour days of signing big name players for big money was great but there's just something really exciting about bargain basement shopping.

Just the feeling that you might snap up a great youngster for peanuts or a rough diamond for a couple of million. Don't get me wrong, i'd love us to be in Man City's shoes right now but I am enjoying our shrewdness more than I ever though I would.

Take Bassong for example - It all went a bit sour in the end but he was one of my favourite signings ever. Cost next to nothing, turned out to be brilliant, sold for £8m.

I know what you mean, it is enjoyable.

I'm not a massive fan of loan signings, as they never feel like your player, but I know we need them in our current situation.

Yeah, I agree with the loan signings thing, short term ones anyway. If we're loaning a player with a view to a permanent contract I don't mind it at all. It gives the club time to assess whether the player is worth paying the asking price for which, again, is pretty shrewd.

I still can't actually believe how clever we were with the Williamson signing though. Who at NUFC has the foresight to sort that out? I'm totally baffled.

Even cleverer to make Bruce think we were after Kilgallon provoking him into a hasty bid for mercenary centre back. Then snapping up the dependable and solid Williamson ourselves.  O0

looked very assured, steven who?

those two could make a really good partnership in all seriousness.  If Williamson keeps up these performances obviously.

I though Williamson looked good but Coloccini was class. Is it those two you were talking about?

those two could make a really good partnership in all seriousness.  If Williamson keeps up these performances obviously.

I though Williamson looked good but Coloccini was class. Is it those two you were talking about?

Nah was actually S. Taylor and Mike. 

Today Colo did look good, but worry about him in Premiership.. against better strikers i don't see him faring up well, a bit like last year, he doesnt really have the psychical attributes imo.. which is a shame as he is a cut above in this league.

Nah was actually S. Taylor and Mike. 

Today Colo did look good, but worry about him in Premiership.. against better strikers i don't see him faring up well, a bit like last year, he doesnt really have the psychical attributes imo.. which is a shame as he is a cut above in this league.

Ok, well you clearly favour certain players and since Owen in a toon shirt is your avatar let's just say we all are entitled to our opinions.

Taylor and Williamson are very similar from what i've seen so far. Wouldn't like to see them together in the premiership though. Has to be one or the other with Colo.

Absolutely. Williamson looks the better bet to Taylor from what I've seen so far.