Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Same with the entire team.

As far as I'm concerned, he's done no worse and no better than Colo.

As far as I'm concerned he's nowhere near as good as Coloccini, he's dependable but nowt flash.  I think Coloccini has been our player of the season so far.

The partnership is just as important for me.

I agree and they have both done well, I know which one I'm more confident in though.  Williamson has done well and he’s proven to be a one of our better recent transfers.  Campbell is also a very good player and I’d prefer him to Williamson if he can regain his fitness, not that Williamson would deserve to be dropped.  A fully fit Campbell would arguably be our best defender and one of our best players as long as he's motivated. 

Admittedly, an un-motivated or half fit Campbell in the middle of our defence would be a nightmare so I'll trust Hughton to make the right decisions, regardless of what we think or say about them.

The partnership is just as important for me.

I agree with this. I still don"t understand why everyone is crying out for Campbell. Based on reputation? hope? what?

Willicini is settled and plating well, end of.

I agree with this. I still don"t understand why everyone is crying out for Campbell. Based on reputation? hope? what?

Campbell has played almost 600 games at the highest level for club and country and hasn't looked like he's lost much in the 3 games I've seen him play for us.  Without checking, he's not just a top player, he's probably the most experienced player at the club.

Why would anybody not want to see him playing?

i like willaimson, but his ability in the air worries me. everton away springs to mind where i do not remember him winning a header all game.

he's been very dependable, and I like him, no doubt, he's one of our better buys in recent years.

i would still like to see campbell with colo though.

thats not so much a slight on williamson, but a compliment to how campbell has performed when he has played for us, and experince is absoloutely key with such a young kid between the sticks.

as mentioned, I trust Hughton to make the decision, which I believe he will, despite what has been said in the past (by myself as well), I dont think Hughton is scared to make a big decision, he will make it if he feels the team needs it.

I echo what Ronaldo has said, I'd have liked to have seen Sol start agaianst Stoke.

Williamson's ability in the air?  ??? I'd say he's our best defender in the air.  Colo best on the deck and Williamson best in the air.  Against Stoke we would probably have been best off playing Campbell and Williamson because they offered nowt on the deck and that's probably our best partnership in terms of aerial ability.

Conversely, I'd be extremely worried if Colo couldn't play against Arsenal for whatever reason. 

Having said that I do see the benefits of keeping the same back four and so I'm happy for Colo and Williamson to stay together all season barring any major run of cock ups by either.

Williamson's ability in the air?  ??? I'd say he's our best defender in the air.  Colo best on the deck and Williamson best in the air.  Against Stoke we would probably have been best off playing Campbell and Williamson because they offered nowt on the deck and that's probably our best partnership in terms of aerial ability.

Conversely, I'd be extremely worried if Colo couldn't play against Arsenal for whatever reason. 

Having said that I do see the benefits of keeping the same back four and so I'm happy for Colo and Williamson to stay together all season barring any major run of cock ups by either.

take it you didnt go to everton then.

One fucking match!?! What about the other 9 matches where he has been outstanding?

I take it that must be the only game you've been to in the last 10 months.

Guest firetotheworks

I take it you didn't? Williamson made one mistake in the entire match.

I like Williamson, although I think Campbell is the better player, he seems to be getting some niggling injuries and Will deserves to keep his place. The only thing that strikes me, is that, he seems to be a bit of a weak player (Despite his height). But, it's a good piece of business for us, he was cheap and has been solid and reliable.

Campbell has played almost 600 games at the highest level for club and country and hasn't looked like he's lost much in the 3 games I've seen him play for us.  Without checking, he's not just a top player, he's probably the most experienced player at the club.

because it would be change for the sake of it? if it aint broke mate.

That

That

Biggest argument for me. We're going on about how great it is to have stability, a settled team. And then we want to break up one of the best things to come out of the past 2 years, a fantastic CB pairing? For what, a 36 year old whose fitness is very suspect.

I understand Campbell's class is clearly still there and after signing him people would like to see how he will fare, but what message does it send out to Willi, the squad? Much more detrimental than helpful.

did you read my original post or what?

read it again then come back to me.

I take it you didn't? Williamson made one mistake in the entire match.

i did actually, and my point is he didnt win a header.

my original post is being taken out of context, people have chosen to ignore my positive points and focus on the one negative in the post.

I like Williamson, although I think Campbell is the better player, he seems to be getting some niggling injuries and Will deserves to keep his place. The only thing that strikes me, is that, he seems to be a bit of a weak player (Despite his height). But, it's a good piece of business for us, he was cheap and has been solid and reliable.

be carefull.

did you read my original post or what?

read it again then come back to me.

I've read and understood it the first time.  You picked up on one game in the past ten months when Williamson didn't win a header (which isn't true) and you used it to argue Williamson is a concern aerially.

Other people have already pointed out this is rubbish and I can't be bothered to argue the point further.