Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

In the most part Willamson and Coloccini have been impeccable since they were put together last year and a major part of our promotion.

This year i have yet to see either of them make a Bramble esq error, there have been a few minor slip-up's but nothing more than you would suspect from a mid-table side. They have also dealt with some good teams too.

The Bolton game was a poor team performance all round and i suspect the lack of defensive cover and inability to keep the ball had alot to do with the result, even if Colo and Williamson had poor individual games.

There are still huge question marks over whether Sol is fit enough to play in a premiership defence or whether Stevie Taylor is capable of stringing a few games (let alone decent ones) together. Therefore Coloccini and Williamson will be a huge miss. I reckon in three games time we will desperate for them to return.

They've shipped 20 goals in 14 games this season? Williamson 3 more at Chelsea.

In the most part Willamson and Coloccini have been impeccable since they were put together last year and a major part of our promotion.

This year i have yet to see either of them make a Bramble esq error, there have been a few minor slip-up's but nothing more than you would suspect from a mid-table side. They have also dealt with some good teams too.

The Bolton game was a poor team performance all round and i suspect the lack of defensive cover and inability to keep the ball had alot to do with the result, even if Colo and Williamson had poor individual games.

There are still huge question marks over whether Sol is fit enough to play in a premiership defence or whether Stevie Taylor is capable of stringing a few games (let alone decent ones) together. Therefore Coloccini and Williamson will be a huge miss. I reckon in three games time we will desperate for them to return.

They've shipped 20 goals in 14 games this season? Williamson 3 more at Chelsea.

Hardly a million miles from the teams around us though is it? Had we not shipped five against Bolton we would be almost identical with the likes of Bolton, Stoke, Spurs etc (goals conceded wise).

Which in the context of where we were when those two were put together, is pretty decent.

Don't get me wrong, i want us to improve but those two have been steady for us.

I don't see Taylor/Campbell being an improvement on Colo/Willamson, i'd like to be wrong though.

I bet Perch f***ing plays.

It's not, simply because one of our most vital players is missing.

I don't get your point TBH, if you are talking about Barton or Tiote i agree though.

Based on what? I'm curious.

Based on the way they've played last time I've seen them.

Campbell has been good every time he has come on and Taylor was good last time he played.

Williamson on the other hand has been good but he gets lucky, and I've said this a long time and at the end he didn't get lucky and got what he deserved.

Agree Campbell has looked good in the very limited amount of appearances he's made, its impossible judge if 'he gets lucky' as you claim Williamson does. People keep referring to his appearances for Arsenal last season but it's difficult to judge given he had much, much better midfield in front of him. As for Taylor it's difficult to know if he's matured while he's been injured but beforehand he was the same rash impulsive player we've had on the books for years. Don't get me wrong both have their qualities but it remains to be seen just how good they are at this present time.

As for Williamson I'm not sure how he gets lucky. He's very limited on the ball but to me he's solid if not unspectacular Premier League centre back.

Lucky not in the sense with that tackles and so on, but the fact he gets far less bookings than he deserves. He pulls plenty of players by their shirt all the time and does things he deserve a booking for many times but escapes them.

And I don't know if other players escapes bookings the same way he does since I don't watch them enough. But during plenty of occasions Williamson should have had a couple of bookings.

Unfortunately it seems like that has come back and hit him since he couldn't escape it this time.

He's worse than Campbell and Taylor. My only concern is that if one these two are nowhere near fit and Perch has to start. Then Ill be seriously worried.

You are funny! It would appear that CH and his staff are completely incompetent in your eyes as they obviously do not agree. They have the temerity to play MW ahead of Campbell and Taylor for EVERY match. This must really irk you.

Of course, the best bit is to couch your argument with the "concern" that they are fit so that when they are shite against Chelsea at the weekend you can fall back upon this as the reason and continue to bang on about there obvious superiority.

Here's a clue - players get in to the starting 11 because they are the manager's best choice of available player. It is fairly straightforward. :coolsmiley:

The Williamson bashing on here is cringeworthy.

"I'm glad he's injured, now we can play 2 defenders who have had about half a dozen appearances between them in the last year!" Pathetic.

In fairness, only one person has been stupid enough to express that opinion.

He's worse than Campbell and Taylor. My only concern is that if one these two are nowhere near fit and Perch has to start. Then Ill be seriously worried.

You are funny! It would appear that CH and his staff are completely incompetent in your eyes as they obviously do not agree. They have the temerity to play MW ahead of Campbell and Taylor for EVERY match. This must really irk you.

Of course, the best bit is to couch your argument with the "concern" that they are fit so that when they are s**** against Chelsea at the weekend you can fall back upon this as the reason and continue to bang on about there obvious superiority.

Here's a clue - players get in to the starting 11 because they are the manager's best choice of available player. It is fairly straightforward. :coolsmiley:

I guess Butt used to be our best player then since he never got dropped.

Another thing is, he is worse than Campbell and Taylor. Willy hasn't reached the potential the others two have, I'm can't say his worse right now, but he's a much more limited player than two stated before. I mean after all like you said I am not the manager and if Willy impresses in training then of course he should play.

But what I'm debating is the fact that he's been lucky several times to escape booking, I mean if he gets those bookings he would've been off earlier, and maybe that would've been better since he wouldn¨t do something stupid as this.

Crock of shit this like.

he done nowt wrong.

Elmander looking at the winger and runs into Williamson who just stands his ground.

Wasn't even a yellow card never mind a red and a 3 game ban.

Williamson has looke like he needs a rest mind anyway, but would rather Campbell was going to partner Collocinni in Williamson's absecence rather than both them being out.

Campbell and taylor are going to be way short of fitness as well.

Of course, the best bit is to couch your argument with the "concern" that they are fit so that when they are s**** against Chelsea at the weekend you can fall back upon this as the reason and continue to bang on about there obvious superiority.

I guess Butt used to be our best player then since he never got dropped.

Another thing is, he is worse than Campbell and Taylor. Willy hasn't reached the potential the others two have, I'm can't say his worse right now, but he's a much more limited player than two stated before. I mean after all like you said I am not the manager and if Willy impresses in training then of course he should play.

But what I'm debating is the fact that he's been lucky several times to escape booking, I mean if he gets those bookings he would've been off earlier, and maybe that would've been better since he wouldn¨t do something stupid as this.

Campbell reached his potential several years ago but has obviously gone backwards (despite still being a good defender).  Taylor is unlikely to ever get much better then he is now (he's almost 25 for fuck sake, lets stop talking about potential).

Campbell is possibly still better then Williamson, though neither of us have seen enough of him to make any sound judgement, Taylor on the other hand is our 4th best center back IMO.