Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

Surprised about the animosity. We knew what we were getting when we got him and he did what we expected from him. Maybe not quite good enough at this level, but that's hardly his fault and I think we may regret it greatly if Barton is out for any amount of time. Also, he gave us pace, something few of our other players do which can be very useful from the bench in certain situation. Surprised and not happy with this development. We'd better replace him.

Agree.

I don't think people are slagging him off as such, but I'm seeing people say he's not Premier League class but would keep him...why?

During tomorrow's game if we lose a midfielder to injury, we have literally nobody to turn to. Reason enough to not let him go on loan and without a replacement in place.

We have Gosling & Ferguson. Plus Tiote will only have one more game to go. We can also play Ranger on the right like we did at Chelsea.

Ranger and Ferguson have in no way proven they are any better than Routledge.

Surprised about the animosity. We knew what we were getting when we got him and he did what we expected from him. Maybe not quite good enough at this level, but that's hardly his fault and I think we may regret it greatly if Barton is out for any amount of time. Also, he gave us pace, something few of our other players do which can be very useful from the bench in certain situation. Surprised and not happy with this development. We'd better replace him.

Agree.

I don't think people are slagging him off as such, but I'm seeing people say he's not Premier League class but would keep him...why?

During tomorrow's game if we lose a midfielder to injury, we have literally nobody to turn to. Reason enough to not let him go on loan and without a replacement in place.

We have Gosling & Ferguson. Plus Tiote will only have one more game to go. We can also play Ranger on the right like we did at Chelsea.

Out of all those, I would rate Routledge the best option for the right side of midfield still. Moving Jonas and Ferguson on the left will move Jonas to a position where he is less effective and have us relying on a lightweight 11 or something year old ffs..

Agree.

Gosling's out tomorrow

Plus he hasn't played for ages. Absolutely no guarantee he will be a good option in that position in terms of fitness, positional ability and coming back from injury as good as before (even then, what has he really proven in the game?)

Agree.

So you would genuinely rather play Ranger on the right than Routledge? If that's the case, I can't even take your argument seriously.

Gosling has played a few minutes in many months and has swelling on his recently injured knee so he's probably a long way from playing regularly and Ferguson has hardly played.

Agree.

So you would genuinely rather play Ranger on the right than Routledge? If that's the case, I can't even take your argument seriously.

He's an optimistic nut all right if he thinks we will not regret this if not replaced and Barton gets injured/suspended/jailed... ;)

No but I don't think it's the end of the world getting him off the payroll and not replacing him.

It is when Gosling has suffered an injury setback, R.Taylor, HBA and Smith are all out long term, Guthrie has lost all form and Tiote keeps getting suspended. Bar Nolan, Jonas and Barton we have nobody else.

No but I don't think it's the end of the world getting him off the payroll and not replacing him.

I don't think his wages will have been so high as to be a hindrance to getting other players in. I just fail to see what's in it for us with this deal.

I do.

I don't think his wages will have been so high as to be a hindrance to getting other players in. I just fail to see what's in it for us with this deal.

I do.

Really..? Can't have been on more than 15-20k a week surely?

It is when Gosling has suffered an injury setback, R.Taylor, HBA and Smith are all out long term, Guthrie has lost all form and Tiote keeps getting suspended. Bar Nolan, Jonas and Barton we have nobody else.

Let's see what happens the next 10 days eh?

That's what we are all saying, it will be a bad deal if we don't replace him.

I do.

Really..? Can't have been on more than 15-20k a week surely?

I didn't mean those wages are particularly high, I meant I can imagine Pardew being told to offload someone if he wants to bring someone else in.

Getting somebody in at the end of the month will not help tomorrow.

He was pretty dire at Spurs & Stevenage in two of his last games for us so I won't shed many tears over him not being available tbh. A training cone could contribute the same amount he did those two games.

He was pretty dire at Spurs & Stevenage in two of his last games for us so I won't shed many tears over him not being available tbh. A training cone could contribute the same amount he did those two games.

If we sold every player who had been poor in those games we wouldn't be able to fulfil our remaining fixtures.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Completely forgot about Raylor

If we sold every player who had been poor in those games we wouldn't be able to fulfil our remaining fixtures.

Routledge hasn't looked anything like a top flight winger all season.

Routledge hasn't looked anything like a top flight winger all season.

He's been decent if unspectacular. We all know he's no Messi, but he's better than whoever we've got in the reserves for that position I would assume..