Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

I think you could put Ranger on the right, or Ferguson left and Jonas right, and it wouldn't have any different outcome to the way the game goes than if Routledge played.

Ranger needs games in the middle, not on the wing.  As for Jonas, I don't think he's any better than Routledge and was getting as much stick as Routledge earlier this season, in fact he was probably getting more because I remember sticking up for Jonas.

When you look at the midfielders Spurs have it just shows the gap between us and them.

Gareth Baile

Tom Huddlestone

Aaron Lennon

Jermaine Jenas

Rafael Van Der Vart

Wilson Palacios

Luka Modric

Niko Krankjar

Jamie O'Hara

Stephen Pienar

All but two would walk into our squad I reckon.

....and Sandro too.

When you look at the midfielders Spurs have it just shows the gap between us and them.

Gareth Baile

Tom Huddlestone

Aaron Lennon

Jermaine Jenas

Rafael Van Der Vart

Wilson Palacios

Luka Modric

Niko Krankjar

Jamie O'Hara

Stephen Pienar

All but two would walk into our squad I reckon.

Which two wouldn't walk into our squad? :lol:

I would guess Jenas is one but he would still walk into our squad imo.

He was at Spurs for a couple of years too and did nowt though as well?

He played 5 games at Spurs and that was spread over a 3 or 4 year period in which he was loaned out twice.  His assists record for us last season, which is more relevant than when he was 19 or 20 years old is one in almost every two games.

In the Championship aye. This season, just under 1000 minutes played, 1 assist.

So, if Nolan is out of the running for tomorrow, how would you line up in midfield, and who would you have on the bench to come on in midfield and make an impact?

I think you could put Ranger on the right, or Ferguson left and Jonas right, and it wouldn't have any different outcome to the way the game goes than if Routledge played.

While I agree with you that Routledge has been for the most part ordinary this season, to suggest Ferguson or Ranger as viable alternatives for a premier league match is just ridiculous unless we are giving this game up as lost. Ferguson looks like a pre-pubescent teenager and Ranger is a 6ft target man. I don't mind losing this game if it means we get in a player who will make a difference over the rest of the season though. If...

While I agree with you that Routledge has been for the most part ordinary this season, to suggest Ferguson or Ranger as viable alternatives for a premier league match is just ridiculous unless we are giving this game up as lost. Ferguson looks like a pre-pubescent teenager and Ranger is a 6ft target man. I don't mind losing this game if it means we get in a player who will make a difference over the rest of the season though. If...

I would love to see Ferguson getting games but not in a depleted squad, I'd rather he had games with players around him who can help him out and bring him on a bit.

He played 5 games at Spurs and that was spread over a 3 or 4 year period in which he was loaned out twice.  His assists record for us last season, which is more relevant than when he was 19 or 20 years old is one in almost every two games.

So, if Nolan is out of the running for tomorrow, how would you line up in midfield, and who would you have on the bench to come on in midfield and make an impact?

One of Ranger's better games for us imo was against Chelsea on the right. To be honest I still think he'll play Barton there anyway to try and counter Bale & Ekotto, Jonas left, and Guthrie & Nolan in the centre. Don't think Routledge would have improved that.

One of Ranger's better games for us imo was against Chelsea on the right. To be honest I still think he'll play Barton there anyway to try and counter Bale & Ekotto, Jonas left, and Guthrie & Nolan in the centre. Don't think Routledge would have improved that.

Nolan is a doubt for tomorrow.

Nolan is a doubt for tomorrow.

Not according to Pardew.

He played 5 games at Spurs and that was spread over a 3 or 4 year period in which he was loaned out twice.  His assists record for us last season, which is more relevant than when he was 19 or 20 years old is one in almost every two games.

Ranger isn't a right winger whether he did well in some Carling Cup game or not. Neither is Ferguson fit for play in a premier league game because he's built like a 14 yr old. Not that I mind if we're just hoping for the best in this game as long as we use the Routledge money to get in re-enforcements which are badly needed for the rest of the season. 

Nor according to Pardew.

Good, I thought that he'd gone home early from training.

He'll start, but it's doubtful that he'll play the full game.

A bit like Carroll and Tiote started games recently then.

A bit like Carroll and Tiote started games recently then.

I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned earlier, was he injured in the Man City game?  The games were so thick and fast over Christmas I can't remember what happened in which games.