Newcastle United 2 - 0 Crystal Palace - 27/01/10 - Post match reaction from p19

Dave

The sign of champions is the ones that play crap and still win. We could play attractive football like west brom but if the result stays like this we are 8 points clear of them. id rather win ugly than not at all.

Nowt attractive about WBA, dirty tackles and loads of luck. Still, got to be joint Favs with Forest to win the league.

same again. its the hallmark of potential champions. but yes, in games like this i am just waiting for the final whistle. we need these points after a very poor period to get the momentum back.

We have coasted a few games, we have scraped out and clung on a few games and we have blown a few games too this season.

We are still yet to look convincing attacking wise, somehow the team is yet to gel and click into place this season.

It doesnt matter either way if we win games. We will need one hell of an overhaul if we do succeed in gaining promotion though.

Guest JonnyRogers

Jesus people, is anyone actually watching the game? If not then you're getting your facts from some biased London radio station, just because they may not be mentioning certain people doesn't mean that they're playing terribly!

Looking at the BBC website, the foul count is 18-8 to Palace with 10mins left, they're basically just kicking the c*** out of us in a scrappy game. Hell I'd take a 1-0 win thanks to an own goal any day, a win is a win and its three points more towards a promotion push.

Keep the faith lads!!

Jesus people, is anyone actually watching the game? If not then you're getting your facts from some biased London radio station, just because they may not be mentioning certain people doesn't mean that they're playing terribly!

Looking at the BBC website, the foul count is 18-8 to Palace with 10mins left, they're basically just kicking the c*** out of us in a scrappy game. Hell I'd take a 1-0 win thanks to an own goal any day, a win is a win and its three points more towards a promotion push.

Keep the faith lads!!

Listening to Radio Newcastle here.

Keep the faith lads!!

Thanks Johnny

Loven hasn't been bad atall, why take him off? He'll never get a proper chance. He'd be far more likely to score than Carroll, Ranger or Nolan right now.

christ, even when we're winning the fans still complain...

You cant be serious, you listening to this ?

Yep, not the best entertainment but sounds like one or two decent performances from the new/young players. If we can continue to pick up wins while Forest are in their purple patch, I'll have no complaints

Loven hasn't been bad atall, why take him off? He'll never get a proper chance. He'd be far more likely to score than Carroll, Ranger or Nolan right now.

Agree, especially with a fast routledge on. Shoudve kept on as much pace as poss against tiring legs. Strange decision.

Yep, not the best entertainment but sounds like one or two decent performances from the new/young players. If we can continue to pick up wins while Forest are in their purple patch, I'll have no complaints

Purple patch? They've not lost since the end of September. They're just good.

It will change when Earnshaw proves his shitness again but it isnt just a purple patch

Thats the problem though isnt it. One or two decent performances wont beat Cardiff/leicester.