Ranger v Beckford

TRon

We need one of our former strikers to give Nile a proper Coaching ... Harry Redknap hired Les Ferdinand and his strickers seems to be better in it. It is good to prompt Peter Beardsley to the first team coaching role.

Put Nile under Shearer's wing for a year or two and he'll be flying

The one reason I would take Ranger over Beckford any day of the week is that, around these parts, Ranger really brings a great feel-good factor.  If Beckford transferred here and scored, I doubt the server would get very close to crashing like it does when Nile scores and that's a type of "magic" that you can't really buy.

I've seen Beckford play once and not much more of Ranger, so I can't really say. Rangers record at reserve and youth level is terrific, and he might be starting to find his feet at championship level now as well. It's a bit too much to ask that an 18 year old puts away every chance he gets IMO. Still, I'd imagine that Beckford right now is the better player, but I reckon Ranger will become better within a few years.

I would have Beckford over Ranger atm. For me that is no brainer & anyone who says different has no brain.

I like them both tbh, Beckford is going to get more goals, but Ranger's link up lay is better. Neither has proven themselves at a higher level either, but I reckon they'd have looked pretty good together.

I would have Beckford over Ranger atm. For me that is no brainer & anyone who says different has no brain.

I like them both tbh, Beckford is going to get more goals, but Ranger's link up lay is better. Neither has proven themselves at a higher level either, but I reckon they'd have looked pretty good together.

:snod:

i reckon so too.

we keep forgetting nile is still only 19 too...

Guest Geordiekev

Stupid to even begin a comaprison thread, Beckford gets 90mins 1st team experiance on a weekly basis, Nile gets a few minutes at the end of each game and in a higher league. His 1st team starts consisted as playing a lone striker when the rest were injured and rarely got the service a striker would expect.

What was witnessed yesterday was the lad getting 2 chances on goal and one of them being taken in typical striker fasion, Beckford will get around 8-9 chances in most games and often nets 1-2 per game.. the differance for me is the quality of service he gets and the lack of quality around the opposition in league 1.

Ranger was on fire in our reserves and yes he scored plenty from headers, heres hoping he gets more service like he did yesterday from our wings and the chances are he will nail us more goals.

There is no comparison to be drawn until they both have equal starts with similar opposition.

You saw the real Nile last night hurtling towards goal & scoring. This link up play bollocks you have been banging on about since the Leicester game is not his sort of game as his confidence picks up you will see less & less of him playing with his back  to goal & passing it backwards.  HE FUCKING THRIVES ON BURSTING FORWARD GOING FOR GOAL & BEING ON THE END OF CROSSES!!!!

You saw the real Nile last night hurtling towards goal & scoring. This link up play bollocks you have been banging on about since the Leicester game is not his sort of game as his confidence picks up you will see less & less of him playing with his back  to goal & passing it backwards.  HE FUCKING THRIVES ON BURSTING FORWARD GOING FOR GOAL & BEING ON THE END OF CROSSES!!!!

That's even better. Because we've seen he has the ability to link up play, if he also has the ability to smash the ball in the net on a regular basis he is going to be a star.

Yesterday was the hardest i've ever seen Ranger kick a ball. I'm glad he actually has and proved he can do.

His finishing is shite in general like, but i'd even go as far to say he's the best footballer of our four strikers. By which i mean technique with the ball at his feet, intelligence and movement. Lovelyhands maybe pips him for movement but even then, he's got a few years on him and a bit more pace. Ranger needs to learn how to use his stature a bit more and spend hours on the training ground kicking the ball in the net.

Right now i'd rather have Beckford cos he's a proven goalscorer and we still lack one of those. But i think Ranger's a really decent talent. Hopefully it doesn't go to his head, but from his interviews, he doesn't appear to have an attitude like The Big AC.

You saw the real Nile last night hurtling towards goal & scoring. This link up play bollocks you have been banging on about since the Leicester game is not his sort of game as his confidence picks up you will see less & less of him playing with his back  to goal & passing it backwards.  HE f***ing THRIVES ON BURSTING FORWARD GOING FOR GOAL & BEING ON THE END OF CROSSES!!!!

That's even better. Because we've seen he has the ability to link up play, if he also has the ability to smash the ball in the net on a regular basis he is going to be a star.

First team football is lot different to U18 football but I cant remember him playing with his back to goal & passing it backwards he used to just destroy the CB who he was bigger, stronger & quicker than. I think 1st team football is more than likely the 1st time he has played competitive football where the defenders can be a lot bigger & stronger than him & he has had to adapt, learn & gain confidence before going back to type.