Victor Moses joins Wigan Athletic

Stifler

Why do people assume the size of stadium, statue of club and crowds should play a part in his decision. Look at it in a footballing sence, he's going to a club with an up and coming manager who likes to play open attractive football. They also have other young talents they are developing like McCarthy. We on the other hand have a negative manager, who's really a coach and have a history of looking for instant success rather than focusing on the long term, for example we seem to always rush players back to early. Not every decision a player makes is going to be based on crowds and club history.

To be honest he probably saw our central midfield and suddenly thought Wigan was a much better opportunity. As much as I love this club, I look at some of our team and it isn't the most attractive one to play for right now. At least at Wigan he has a manager who is determined to play football the right way with the right players. And Titus.  O0

We MUST match Wigans offer but I bet he won't :( gutted

why MUST we ? i'd guess the lad just wants to get into the prem as soon as possible.

because we wont be allowed to speak to him unless we do. unbelievable i know

To be honest he probably saw our central midfield and suddenly thought Wigan was a much better opportunity. As much as I love this club, I look at some of our team and it isn't the most attractive one to play for right now. At least at Wigan he has a manager who is determined to play football the right way with the right players. And Titus.  O0

I think that's all there is to it sadly. He will have took one look at us on Wednesday and thought "maybe not". Martinez is a key factor I reckon.

why MUST we ? i'd guess the lad just wants to get into the prem as soon as possible.

Spot on...  give outselves a chance at getting him, a lower offer will be ignored by Palace match it we get the same rights to speak to him.

administrators are going to accept the highest offer, no matter what.  They couldn't give 2 flying fucks who its from.

If we don't match Wigan's offer then we aren't going to get a look in, simple as.  And I highly doubt he's too arsed about waiting for us to up our offer, or indeed sign for us full stop.  At the end of the day, he knows Palace need to get rid of him, he's moving up a division and is still likely to get regular games, unlike if he was off to Man Utd etc.

Time to move on ffs.

thats up to the player. if man utd offered 1million for him do you think he'd say "ah well only wigans offer has been accepted so i guess i'll go therer"

administrators are going to accept the highest offer, no matter what.  They couldn't give 2 flying fucks who its from.

If we don't match Wigan's offer then we aren't going to get a look in, simple as.  And I highly doubt he's too arsed about waiting for us to up our offer, or indeed sign for us full stop.  At the end of the day, he knows Palace need to get rid of him, he's moving up a division and is still likely to get regular games, unlike if he was off to Man Utd etc.

Time to move on ffs.

amazing how many people cant understand that

thats up to the player. if man utd offered 1million for him do you think he'd say "ah well only wigans offer has been accepted so i guess i'll go therer"

no but Man Utd still wont be allowed to speak to him

:facepalm:

he isnt gonna turn down wigan, but if we match their bid and speak to Moses then he has a choice to make. How can you not get that?

and he wouldn't move. so if the admins want money quick they have to accept the lower offer.

do you remember harry kewell ?

No, Man u offer that it would be rejected and he would not even be told about it, if he was told he would not be given permision to talk to them. Yes he could refuse to talk to any other club but its a bigger offer from Wigan a Prem club so he will talk to them. He is not going to hold out for us over them, but if we get a chamce to talk to him we may have a chance. So matching thier offer is the only way to stay in the race.

and he wouldn't move. so if the admins want money quick they have to accept the lower offer.

do you remember harry kewell ?

but he is happy enough to go to wigan.

fucking hell

No, Man u offer that it would be rejected and he would not even be told about it, if he was told he would not be given permision to talk to them. Yes he could refuse to talk to any other club but its a bigger offer from Wigan a Prem club so he will talk to them. He is not going to hold out for us over them, but if we get a chamce to talk to him we may have a chance. So matching thier offer is the only way to stay in the race.

come on man skirge...."he wouldn't be told about it"

the bit about "he is not going to hold out for us over them" is spot on though and i bet his agent already knows exactly what we'd offer him.

I'm completely baffled here.  Don't quite understand what the whole argument is about.  Bid the most, get the right to talk to him.  End of.  Would love to think atm we're in negotiations with Palace's administrators upping our offer to try and hijack the deal, but despite their surprising good work so far, it wouldn't surprise me if Llambias and Ashley are having a 'day off'.

One phone call or fax matching their offer does not waste time, they say okay you can talk to him, we make him oan offer he saus yes or no. Its easy enough, he says yes we are over the moon, he saus no we move  on.

100% spot on.

thats the last ill say on it coz he is going to Wigan anyway. lets move on

I'm completely baffled here.  Don't quite understand what the whole argument is about.  Bid the most, get the right to talk to him.  End of.  Would love to think atm we're in negotiations with Palace's administrators upping our offer to try and hijack the deal, but despite their surprising good work so far, it wouldn't surprise me if Llambias and Ashley are having a 'day off'.

if only it actually worked that way.

Moses to Wigan would be a shame/disaster for football.

Pure nothing club, shit fans, shit ground, just shit. His development opportunities would be so minimal.

can see why he'd do it though mate, they're a selling club, he has a couple of good seasons and he'll end up in a decent team.

please explain?

please explain?

i have done on the previous page.

if the player wants to go elsewhere he just tells the admins that he wants to go elsewhere, if he doesn't get a chance to talk to them he will stay put and they get nowt.

if the club are in a decent financial position and he has years left on his contract it wont work but they are desperate for cash and will take lose the extra half million or so as it is better than nothing.

You don't seem to be up to speed on administration. If Moses refused to sign for Wigan, then the administrator would look at the next best offer on behalf of Palace & its creditors, this process would repeated until highest bid on the table & Moses find a match. The human element makes this tricky for a administrator to deal with as they usually operate in a world where best price is king.

As I said above I really cant see Moses/Tony Finnegan turning down a offer that is going to be a hell of lot more than he is on now.