Who do you want to manage NUFC ???

PCW1983

Excellent Candidates

Ottmar Hitzfeld

Paul Le Guen ... :|  Done shit at Rangers

Claudio Ranieri ... :|  Done shit since he left Chelsea

Decent Candidates

Paul Jewell

Paul Simpson ... :|  He got Carlisle promoted. Carlisle.

Aidy Boothroyd ... :|  He got Watford promoted. Watford. And he's got the most false hope that i've ever seen in a manager. It's not determination, it's madness really. They push Man Utd all the way and lose by a sneaky goal, and he slams his players in the interview claiming that they're better than that. Get real.

Alan Curbishley

Chris Coleman ... :|  Total **** and his tactics are rubbish.

Rubbish Candidates

Graeme Souness

Bryan Robson

Glenn Hoddle

David O'leary

Guest nyscooby

I coached the under 15 team for a while, also a few 5 a side teams......

Looks like i'm to most qualified and experienced!!

And i do own three footballs.

SACK THE BOARD, and make me manager!

And anyone who knows anything about anything...... Shearer for manager? SHUT UP !

Curbishly would be a half decent appointment but i'd love Shearer and/or Speed personally.

Ranieri or Houllier would be nightmare appointments.

Not Sven either as i don't think the english players like him too much, Owen especially.

No question it has to be the German OTTMAR HITZFELD, he is still without a club, and would undoubtalbly turn this club around.

His record is second to NONE, but will the fat one have the sense to go get the man, and if he did would fatty be able to keep his fingers out of the every day running of the club.

Hitzfeld might not want to be a puppet for the fat one, its not his style!

Updated list of Candidates:

Excellent Candidates

Ottmar Hitzfeld - Free agent. Swiss Super league, Bundesliga, Champions League winner.

Paul Le Guen - Might be sacked by Rangers. 3 consecutive years Ligue 1 winner.

Marcello Lippi - Free agent; Serie A, European Cup, World Cup winner,

Arrigo Sacchi - Free agent; Serie A, European Cup winner.

Rafael Benitez - Might be sacked by Liverpool ;) La Liga, Champions League winner.

Claudio Ranieri - Free agent. Success with all the clubs he is involved except Athletico Madrid.

Decent Candidates

Keith Amstrong - Finnsh league winner :D Boyhood Newcastle supporter.

Christoph Daum - Turkish League winner. Built an offensive n impressive Bayern Leverkusen that include Lúcio, Emerson, Ze Roberto and Michael Ballack. Nearly become Germany national coach, but he failed his drug test ;) Free agent.

Aidy Boothroyd - Massively overachieving with Watford. Tactically astute. Very ambitious. Very intelligent. Very passionate. Very young (35). Delima's favourite. Might prefer a bigger club than Watford. But can't imagine him working with Shepherd.

Paul Jewell - Good record with Wigan, despite failing to attract players he trully wanted. Turn Heskey from donkey to horse. Young bright manager. Can't imagine him preferring Shepherd over Whelan.

Paul Simpson - Overachieving with Preston. Young bright manager. Might want a bigger club.

Alan Curbishley - Establish minnow Charlton as Premiership regular. Desperate of managing another premiership club.

Chris Coleman - Establish Fulham as Premiership regular with tight budget. Very young (36). Might fancy a bigger transfer budget.

Rubbish Candidates

Graeme Souness

Bryan Robson

Glenn Hoddle

David O'leary

Alan Shearer

Gary Speed

Iain Dowie

Lee Clark

Excellent Candidates

Ottmar Hitzfeld

Paul Le Guen ... :|  Done shit at Rangers First season. Benitez did shit in premiership in his first season. Ferguson was shit for first 6 seasons. Bobby Robson was poor in frist 2 seasons. In his brief time here Keenny Dalglish was poor.

Claudio Ranieri ... :|  Done shit since he left Chelsea Before that? 6th in La Liga, shit you think?

Decent Candidates

Paul Jewell

Paul Simpson ... :|  He got Carlisle promoted. Carlisle. Preston North End 2nd in Championship, just 3 points behind Cardiff, desipte Cardiff having a much better side.

Aidy Boothroyd ... :|  He got Watford promoted. Watford. And he's got the most false hope that i've ever seen in a manager. It's not determination, it's madness really. They push Man Utd all the way and lose by a sneaky goal, and he slams his players in the interview claiming that they're better than that. Get real. Push Man U all the way and lose a sneaky goal. And that is a poor achievement? How many teams can push an on form Man U all the way? And to lose by a sneaky goal is regrettable. Nothing wrong Boothroyd was dissapointed. Don't forget Watford is a promoted side with extremely tiny transfer budget. And on that day Watford's first choice keeper Ben Foster did not play.

Alan Curbishley

Chris Coleman ... :|  Total **** and his tactics are rubbish. Aye rubbish. First season 9th (Charlton 7th). 2nd season 13th (Charlton 11th). 3rd season 12th (Charlton 13th). Rubbish?

Rubbish Candidates

Graeme Souness

Bryan Robson

Glenn Hoddle

David O'leary

Updated list of Candidates:

Excellent Candidates

Ottmar Hitzfeld - Free agent. Swiss Super league, Bundesliga, Champions League winner.

Paul Le Guen - Might be sacked by Rangers. 3 consecutive years Ligue 1 winner.

Marcello Lippi - Free agent; Serie A, European Cup, World Cup winner,

Arrigo Sacchi - Free agent; Serie A, European Cup winner.

Rafael Benitez - Might be sacked by Liverpool ;) La Liga, Champions League winner.

Claudio Ranieri - Free agent. Success with all the clubs he is involved except Athletico Madrid.

Decent Candidates

Aidy Boothroyd - Massively overachieving with Watford. Tactically astute. Very ambitious. Very intelligent. Very passionate. Very young (35). Delima's favourite. Might prefer a bigger club than Watford. But can't imagine him working with Shepherd.

Quique Sánchez Flores - Good record with Valencia. Might be sacked by Valencia anytime. But could take some time to adapt to EPL.

Keith Amstrong - Finnsh league winner :D Boyhood Newcastle supporter.

Paul Simpson - Overachieving with Preston. Young bright manager. Might want a bigger club.

Christoph Daum - Turkish League winner. Built an offensive n impressive Bayern Leverkusen that include Lúcio, Emerson, Ze Roberto and Michael Ballack. Nearly become Germany national coach, but he failed his drug test ;) Free agent.

Paul Jewell - Good record with Wigan, despite failing to attract players he trully wanted. Turn Heskey from donkey to horse. Young bright manager. Can't imagine him preferring Shepherd over Whelan.

Chris Coleman - Establish Fulham as Premiership regular with tight budget. Very young (36). Might fancy a bigger transfer budget.

Slaven Bilić - Wikipedia profile

Alan Curbishley - Establish minnow Charlton as Premiership regular. Desperate of managing another premiership club.

Rubbish Candidates

Graeme Souness

Bryan Robson

Glenn Hoddle

David O'leary

Alan Shearer

Gary Speed

Iain Dowie

Lee Clark

You really reckon Rafa's position is under threat?

Liverpool aren't a sacking club by nature, even if they were to be dumped out of the CL (highly unlikley) and we over took them by xmas( even more un likely), Rafa would still have the rest of the season from the board to turn it around.

According to Guillem Balague, Quique Sánchez Flores might be sacked due to disagreements with club board (Valencia).

I vote Guillem bluebiggrin.gif

Could that mean a return for Rafa?

Doubt he'd turn down madrid and then a year later go to a supposedly weaker team.

Fingers crossed anyway mind.

Keegan, if he's given free reign over decisions concerning backroom staff appointments/dismissals. This element of 'free reign' was stripped from him towards the end of his tenureship, namely the loss of Steve Black over the club's refusal to cough-up an extra ten grand a year - or thereabouts - in order to retain the the services of the said fitness coach/psychological maestro & Keegan's then right-hand man.

Keegan and Black would please me no end.

i see there being 2 choices now; when (if) roeder gets the boots, which i hope doesn't happen by the way, i'd much rather things turn around because when all is said and done what roeder said when he took the job was that stability is the hallmark of a good club/team, and he's not wrong....however on the assumption he can't turn it around i'd say:

choice no 1 - look to the lower leagues and get an up and comer the likes of mike newell, paul simpson and so on then back them all the way like everton have done with moyes (basically stand up to pressure and trust that the man picked has the long term ability to make us successful)

choice no 2 - look to europe for a manager of proven pedigree and give him time (minimum 3-4 years) to get results....seeing as he's not in a jop lippi would be an obvious candidate, cappello, hitzfeld and so forth....

problem with no 1 is that as we've shown with roeder we aren't proving to be the most patient of fans (not publicly it has to be said) but the fact we're discussing it here suggests the moyes route isn't the one to take

therefore by process of elimination it would have to be choice no 2 for me - but the pitfalls involved in that are immense...we'd end up getting trappatoni or someone 'cause he was cheaper and he'd be a total disgrace....it's the decision making at the top that's the problem

upshot: if we could convince his, and roeder is sacked, then lippi, failing him hitzfeld

Simpson has done a good job wherever he has been and is still young.Disagree the fans are too impatient -

do you think they wouldn't have been patient with O'Neill? What about Robson's bad buys? Most people gave them a chance until they saw how poor these guys actuallly were.

As long as people can see some progress , they WILL be patient, but for heavens sake, they've been patient for 37 years....!!

Whoever is chosen has a very tough task ahead for at least 2 years...