If everyone was fit, who would be your starting two up front?

Guest michaelfoster
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Based on one game (and not even the full 90 minutes).

Yes, that and what I've seen of him in the past but I'm not writing him off.

Well it does sound like it from that comment.

I don't hold too much hope for him, but he was cheap and will do nicely for back-up until someone offers a good fee for him in the future.

Well it does sound like it from that comment.

I don't hold too much hope for him, but he was cheap and will do nicely for back-up until someone offers a good fee for him in the future.

I said that he was probably the weakest in his position and that's my opinion on what I've seen of him so far with us and other clubs.  I had forgotten about Pancrate who blows hot and cold, mainly cold.

Routledge looks like a player we've been in need of all season and looks like a good player who will bring a lot to our game.  Simpson is the best right back at the club and looks better for having Routledge in front of him.  Van Aanholt looks like he can link up really well with Jonas and ensure that we reamin a threat down our left side, he doesn't look like he's going to be the best defender but if we keep the opposition under pressure then we'll have less to defend.  Fitz Hall and Mike Williamson have so far done everything we could ask of them in the centre of our defence.

Could do with the question clearing up tbh

Is it completely hypothetical?  Or based on recent form?

It's completely theoretical in the sense that we aren't Ebbsfleet United and don't actually get the opportunity to select the line up. 

How many games has he started since then?

A third of the games that Lovenkrands has started, Lovenkrands has scored 6 in that time.  Half of the games that Carroll has started, Carroll has scored 4.  Twice as many games as Ranger has started, Ranger has scored 1.

How many games has he started since then?

A third of the games that Lovenkrands has started, Lovenkrands has scored 6 in that time.  Half of the games that Carroll has started, Carroll has scored 4.  Twice as many games as Ranger has started, Ranger has scored 1.

So how long did the train take to arrive at it's destination?  (GCSE Maths circa 1991)

I love how he squirmed around the fact that he'd hardly played with those comparisons :D

Since Sheff Wed, he's started twice and looked terrible, he's also looked terrible when coming off the bench.  I made the comparison as I did because I've compared him to our other forwards and what they've done recently.

Apart from the goals he’s looked like his goals tally suggests, he’s been the least effective of them all while playing.

Yes, but don't you see?  It's two starts.  Two.  After coming back from an injury.  It's not enough.

Maybe if he'd have started every game, was completely recovered, and hadn't scored - then, yes, you'd have a point.  You really haven't given him enough time.  I mean, seriously, what would you do exile him to the reserves forever?  "Sorry Andy, I know you've just come back from injury, those 2 starts aren't good enough".  Or do you give the man, who was scoring for fun at this level, a few games and more time to find his form.

Yes, but don't you see?   It's two starts.  Two.  After coming back from an injury.  It's not enough.

Maybe if he'd have started every game, was completely recovered, and hadn't scored - then, yes, you'd have a point.  You really haven't given him enough time.  I mean, seriously, what would you do exile him to the reserves forever?  "Sorry Andy, I know you've just come back from injury, those 2 starts aren't good enough".  Or do you give the man, who was scoring for fun at this level, a few games and more time to find his form.

Andy?  I thought that we were talking about Shola who came back from injury 12 games ago.

Shola has started 2 games since the goal at Wednesday and you conclude from them that he's reverted to type? Silly imo.

Do you think he's played well?

No, but then again, he never does. He also has 7 in 9 in the league.

Yes, but don't you see?   It's two starts.  Two.  After coming back from an injury.  It's not enough.

Andy?  I thought that we were talking about Shola who came back from injury 12 games ago.

Yeah, no idea where the Andy came from. 

Maybe it's my subconscious still demanding for Carroll to be dropped?

No, but then again, he never does. He also has 7 in 9 in the league.

So he's not playing well and he's not scoring, that's him reverting to type.  Don't get me wrong, he can score in this league and will again this season.  I just don't think he justifies a start.  He's had many mini purple patches throughout his career then gone missing for even longer periods.

You cannot really accuse him of 'not scoring' when he's only started 2 games since his last goal man.

He's played in 4 games and offered nothing, if he doesn't score then he's worthless to the team.