This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Yes Stu. I completely agree our league position last year was a pretty fair reflection of years of mis-management.

No, it was a fair reflection of club's performance over 38 games.

OK. I think you're being a tad pedantic. I was insinuating that years of mis-management had considerable influence over our performance over those 38 games.

Yes Stu. I completely agree our league position last year was a pretty fair reflection of years of mis-management.

True, but we can all look beyond those 38 games for the reasons to why we ended up with such a lopsided, overpaid, underperforming (considering what they were earning) playing squad. Not to mention the lack of leadership. Its not just 38 games, its the reasons behind the failure in those games.

It seems everyone is convinced we got exactly what we deserved last season, yet we are somehow fluking being top this year?

Have you seen us play this season? We have been awful at times.

Only less awful than every other team in the league it would appear?

I understand people are struggling with the concept that successfull football is not always attractive football. We have played successfull football all season, however it's rarely been attractive.

Has it been good? Well that depends on how you define good.

Well would you want to watch this style of football in the long term?

It seems everyone is convinced we got exactly what we deserved last season, yet we are somehow fluking being top this year?

Have you seen us play this season? We have been awful at times.

Only less awful than every other team in the league it would appear?

I understand people are struggling with the concept that successfull football is not always attractive football. We have played successfull football all season, however it's rarely been attractive.

Has it been good? Well that depends on how you define good.

Well would you want to watch this style of football in the long term?

No.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/3089/leonbestarrivesatnewcas.jpg

Why was he hiding in the bushes? :lol:

They say camoflauge is the best way to hide from people.

I can't see it myself.

:coat:

OK. I think you're being a tad pedantic. I was insinuating that years of mis-management had considerable influence over our performance over those 38 games.

and that is the type of thing which lead EVERY club to the position it finds itself in.

and that is the type of thing which lead EVERY club to the position it finds itself in.

Not at all, some clubs over achieve just to get into the Premiership and then find they can't sustain it, not through mismanagement but simply because they don't have the resources.

Not at all, some clubs over achieve just to get into the Premiership and then find they can't sustain it, not through mismanagement but simply because they don't have the resources.

true. thats why i said the type of thing, not "the only reason", clubs tend to be where they deserve as a culmination of all factors. to say we don't deserve to be where we are, well, even you'd agree that is crap.

He's obviously talking specifically about a situation where mismanagement puts a club into a bad situation.  Also has anyone said we don't deserve to be where we are as a club?  I think someone just said we shouldn't be where we are, which I agree with.

He's obviously talking specifically about a situation where mismanagement puts a club into a bad situation.  Also has anyone said we don't deserve to be where we are as a club?  I think someone just said we shouldn't be where we are, which I agree with and surely even you can agree with that.

every club could say they shouldn't be where they are...hartlepool had they backed clough a little, huddersfield had they bought st john and someone else who's name i can't remember like shankley wanted.

all clubs are where they deserve to be.

He's obviously talking specifically about a situation where mismanagement puts a club into a bad situation.  Also has anyone said we don't deserve to be where we are as a club?  I think someone just said we shouldn't be where we are, which I agree with and surely even you can agree with that.

every club could say they shouldn't be where they are...hartlepool had they backed clough a little, huddersfield had they bought st john and someone else who's name i can't remember like shankley wanted.

Even the likes of Wigan?  ???

He's obviously talking specifically about a situation where mismanagement puts a club into a bad situation. Also has anyone said we don't deserve to be where we are as a club? I think someone just said we shouldn't be where we are, which I agree with and surely even you can agree with that.

Even the likes of Wigan? ???

They got more points than the teams that finished in 18th, 19th and 20th so why not?

of course....why not ?

They got more points than the teams that finished in 18th, 19th and 20th so why not?

This is true.  :thup:

Just a bit hard to see Wigan playing PL games when their fan base/history is virtually non-existant. To say it grates a bit is an understatement. The likes of Wolves and Burnley I can accept....but Wigan??

It vexes me.  :lol:

Just a bit hard to see Wigan playing PL games when their fan base/history is virtually non-existant. To say it grates a bit is an understatement. The likes of Wolves and Burnley I can accept....but Wigan??

It's a bitch isn't it? Absolute waste of a PL place - the same with Hull.

This is a huge over-reaction to the comment that 'we shouldn't be in this league'. 'We' was a reference to the club's supporters. I was alluding to the dramatically poor case of mis-management that has taken us from the Champions League to second tier football within the short space of 6 years.

Actually misread the context of madras's comment tbh. He's actually right but it doesn't seem 'right' for Wigan to beplaying in the top flight but there you go. C'est las vie. 

Actually misread the context of madras's comment tbh. He's actually right but it doesn't seem 'right' for Wigan to beplaying in the top flight but there you go. C'est las vie. 

"madras is right".....about as scary a phrase thats ever been posted on any message board in the history of tinternet.

"madras is right".....about as scary a phrase thats ever been posted on any message board in the history of tinternet.

It's not like a teacher to admit he was wrong as well ;)

You'd be surprised how often it applies, you wily old dog.

You'd be surprised how often it applies, you wily old dog.

just post a lot and make sure everyone remember the few occasions when i'm right (and bury the rest)

Every club?, no.  A lot of them?, yes.  Does the fact that a lot of clubs could say they shouldn't be where they are disclude us from being able to say it?, no.

You agree that Ashley shouldn't have fucked up in so many ways yes?  You agree that if he hadn't f***ed up we wouldn't have been relegated yes?  So you then agree we shouldn't be where we are..  No sure why this is even a discussion.  Again nobody said the club didn't deserve to be relegated, someone just said we shouldn't have been.  In simple terms he's saying that its taken massive mistakes to put the club in the position its in now and he's not happy with that, it should amaze me that its still being disagreed with but for some reason I'm not suprised.