This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Best and Carroll are far to similar to be playing together, it wasnt working again today, one of them needs to be doing something different, I hope Hughton and Calderwood are on this.

Unless we play with one striker I don't really see much alternative as Ranger and Shola are similar types as well. Agree though that Best and Carroll doesn't work, quite often they are going for the same position when the ball is crossed in.

Hate to say it but Coventry's form has completely turned around since they sold him.

not really nailed on to be because of Best leaving tbf.  Many teams turn their form around for all sorts of reasons.

Anyways, enough of this.  I get what your saying, he's come here and not done well and since leaving Coventry they have done better.  I thought you were suggesting Coventry were doing better specifically because of Best leaving.  That's all.

Right, time for MOTD.

One thing I noticed today was how keen our crowd are for a scapegoat. A straightforward win yet still moans when our attacks didn't result in anything. Best was especially an easy target. Let's not be utter twats and give the lad some games to prove himself. Its common consensus that we have great fans yet sometimes I wonder...

One thing I noticed today was how keen our crowd are for a scapegoat. A straightforward win yet still moans when our attacks didn't result in anything. Best was especially an easy target. Let's not be utter twats and give the lad some games to prove himself. Its common consensus that we have great fans yet sometimes I wonder...

When he setup Carroll against Swansea I thought people were prepared to give him time, but since then he's not been given any time really.

That annoyed me a bit today. Towards the end when we were 2-0 up and cruising an attack broke down and fucking hundreds went mental in the Leazes end around me. It was as though we'd just let one in or thrown the match away. Ludicrous stuff.

Guest michaelfoster

The problem is Ranger hasnt looked enough of an attacking threat, his pace, strength & hold up play are good but he's not taking enough of his chances, i think thats maybe why we signed Best, we needed someone who was proven in this league and can score goals off the bench. 

Ranger desperatly needs to go out on loan for a season to a CCC club where he can play 90 mins every week and gain some experience & get some goals which will boost his confidence.

The problem is Ranger hasnt looked enough of an attacking threat, his pace, strength & hold up play are good but he's not taking enough of his chances, i think thats maybe why we signed Best, we needed someone who was proven in this league and can score goals off the bench.

Ranger desperatly needs to go out on loan for a season to a CCC club where he can play 90 mins every week and gain some experience & get some goals which will boost his confidence.

But Best hasn't scored in the league since November despite being Coventry's number one striker. He's not proven in this league at all other than a purple patch at the start of this season - he played every week last season and scored 2 league goals.

We shouldn't have signed Best.  We should have loaned Harewood for rest of the season before he picked up his injury at Villa in training or we should have loaned some other Prem striker in for a few months.  Were stuck with Best who sadly isn't the best.  I'm open to him playing and turning opinion around but he's going to be under a lot scrutiny.  He hit a decent cross for Carroll's goal against Swansea but that's about it so far.

As for Ranger, defo agree he needs to be out on loan somewhere so he can get some experience.  Perhaps now that Lovenkrands his picked up a knock we will keep him as cover though.

Guest firetotheworks

He's at the best CCC club though. I know what you're saying, because obviously he's not getting game time here, but since Best hasn't shown anything more than Ranger, I'd be tempted to give Best a few more chances and then get Ranger back in. If we go up though I'd like to see Ranger at a CCC club, Most definitely.