New Players

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Geordiekev

Can't and won't pick any as I hope they all have a great career here, and more so look forward to cheering them all on on Friday night.

Guest firetotheworks

Voted Williamson.  Our coaches will help him more than Routledge - they will just coach all the footballing out of Routledge I imagine. 

More or less how I imagine it going.

Be interesting to see if Simpson and Routledge can develop as good an understanding on the right ala Jose/Jonas.

When fit I wouldn't be surprised to see Steven Taylor playing right back ahead of Simpson. Williamson looks like he could hold down an automatic spot in the middle and S Taylor is the best right back we have IMO.

Williamson from what I've seen so far. Routledge will have a harder job because as a winger, not only does he have to provide good service, he also needs to keep possession well. He was running into blind alleys a bit against Leicester so the jury's still out.

I am VERY impressed that we seem, despite our excellent league position and the strong possibilty of promotion, to have bought players who will do a gret job in the Championship, but who surely no-one can think are going to be good enough for the Premiership. Maybe we are planning for the season after next??

I have a horrible feeling baout Williamson, despite being impressed by him in his first two games. I'm going on friday so that will give me a chance to look at him closer, perhaps i'm being harsh on him due to former defenders we have had.

I voted Routledge because he's looks the sort that the fans might get behind if he beats a couple of players but it's close between them two.

Williamson has pretty much looked the part, but for whatever reason my instincts tell me that it's going to go wrong for him this season or next.

This. Not sure why though, think it might be reflex.

Williamson has pretty much looked the part, but for whatever reason my instincts tell me that it's going to go wrong for him this season or next.

It's probably just a lifetime of false dawns with new central defenders at Newcastle, you have every right to be wary...

I wouldn't worry. We've got a long history of getting the very best out of our defenders.

Guest optimistic nit

what out of interest makes people think williamson will be able to cut it in the premierleague? from what i saw of him against leicster i'm not even sure how good he is in this league. not saying he's shite like, but he was average at best in that game.

what out of interest makes people think williamson will be able to cut it in the premierleague? from what i saw of him against leicster i'm not even sure how good he is in this league. not saying he's shite like, but he was average at best in that game.

Not sure how he'll handle the premier but for 900k what are we expecting? I see him as a decent foil for Coloccini who is by far the better defender on the deck, so Williamson's height should give us some aerial strength if nothing else.