John Terry loses England captaincy, Ferdinand gets it

Ishmael
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

It will be a NO now. He may have been picked for a reason,  but too much pressure on him now, and needs the armband taken off him so he can get on with playing foorball.

A resounding yes.

This is why England always fucks up major trophies.  The press.  Too much pressure placed on someone over something stupid like this that comes out before a World Cup/Euro campaign. 

Yes it was wrong, and yes it should be resolved.  But not in the fucking Sun, or by Fabio Capello or the FA.

Just play football.  He was Captain for a reason, who he sleeps with shouldn't impact that.

Obviously it does if it's his best mates partner and they are both in the squad. Maybe Bridge should step down from the squad while Terry's captain if we can't bring ourselves to remove Terry.

It depends on how it affects the dressing room.

If it doesn't then fine, he shouldn't be dropped just for having an affair.

If it does, then it's morally wrong to leave out Bridge to solve the problem, then Terry should be dropped. He's a good player, but Capello always puts the team ahead of individuals.

A resounding yes.

This is why England always fucks up major trophies.  The press.  Too much pressure placed on someone over something stupid like this that comes out before a World Cup/Euro campaign. 

Yes it was wrong, and yes it should be resolved.  But not in the fucking Sun, or by Fabio Capello or the FA.

Just play football.  He was Captain for a reason, who he sleeps with shouldn't impact that.

Obviously it does if it's his best mates partner and they are both in the squad. Maybe Bridge should step down from the squad while Terry's captain if we can't bring ourselves to remove Terry.

Leaving out Bridge because of this would be disgusting, surely? "The captain's had an affair with your missus mate, sorry but he's better than you so you've got to stay at home."

I hope that Capello wouldn't be involved in anything as shabby as that.

A resounding yes.

Leaving out Bridge because of this would be disgusting, surely? "The captain's had an affair with your missus mate, sorry but he's better than you so you've got to stay at home."

I hope that Capello wouldn't be involved in anything as shabby as that.

I was thinking more in terms of Bridge stepping aside voluntarily as he himself seems to have a problem sharing a dressing room. Other than that I don't think we can drop Terry but I don't think there should be complaints if he's stripped of the captaincy which is I think the correct course of action.

Guest Brummiemag

A resounding yes.

Agree 100%.

In any other country this would not be an issue.  Its the media making it an issue and trying to sell papers.    Can you imagine this sort of fuss in France - no chance.  He's had an affair, so what, it happens all the time in all walks of life.

Don't think whats happened of late should effect his captaincy. What matters is his ability to lead on the pitch and to perform to the highest standard, and that for me is more in question. He's a good captain, just nothing outstanding.

Personally if the players have lost faith in him and want him out of the squad, Caps must do it completely and give the band to Rooney, the only English player playing well enough to justify changing captains at the point of heading in to a WC summer.

Rooney isn't a leader man. He's a hothead who is often is described as being very shy. Not captain material and doesn't respond well at all to pressure.

It's, Terry, Rio, Lampard or Gerrard. I'd stick with Terry.

Guest Roger Kint

They had been split for months.

Rooney isn't a leader man. He's a hothead who is often is described as being very shy. Not captain material and doesn't respond well at all to pressure.

It's, Terry, Rio, Lampard or Gerrard. I'd stick with Terry.

He's not, but some of the best Captains (or most influential) lead by example.

Rooney in this form going in to the WC with the added bonus of being England Captain would give us a better chance of winning it than keeping Terry or handing it to a piss poor Gerrard.

Guest Roger Kint

Fabio Cappello has just phoned Wayne Bridge to say "I've spoken to John Terry and he's lost the captains armband, any chance of you having a quick look under your bed?"

Was funnier on Page 3 tbh ;D

Fabio Cappello has just phoned Wayne Bridge to say "I've spoken to John Terry and he's lost the captains armband, any chance of you having a quick look under your bed?"

Get that text as well eh? Am I the only one who couldn't give a shit about England? It's bad enough supporting newcastle without stressing about that top 4 love-in

Still could have ran it by him to let him know, seeing as they were best mates.

Still could have ran it by him to let him know, seeing as they were best mates.

I can just imagine that phone call

Alreet Wayne, do you mind if I have a bash at your ex? Don't tell wor lass though. Cheers

Dont take either of them. The dressing room will already be split if both are there or even if one or the other is there.

Terry will have lost respect from most players, the management team, the FA and possibly most of the country. He is a role model to kids and whether his indiscretions are football related or not, as a figurehead of the national team, he should be dropped altogether if nothing ore than for the moral issues.

We have all complained regarding players off field activities in the past, espedcially at NUFC. Most people wanted Dyer banished from the club after what he did at Middlesbrough.

Unfortunately, it is a sad indictment of society today where there is a total lack of respect by the current generation towards most values in life and those who hold the proverbial pound note in higher esteem than moral issues in life. The world was a better place in the 50s and 60s.

IMO, Sack him and leave him behind to teach him a very valuable lesson

Ronaldo

I am not even going to discuss the matter with you because you seem more intent on developing yet another immature argument.

MY OPINION IS that I feel there are enough players who can replace/cover both of these players in the squad and that despite what others have said on this thread, I think Rooney is more than capable of captaining the team.

As for being an England fan, I hope they do well but I dont think they will get beyond the QF as usual. In any case, I am really looking forward to seeing my adopted country at the WC again.

I voted no as I believe that Terry has come to represent everything that is wrong about the modern day footballer.

Self serving, odious and loathsome

Having said that I am struggling to think of a suitable replacement

Easy option is to support Spain instead