NUFC/Puma store

Stifler

Guest Rob 1988

Soccer Scene At St. James'

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20111019/soccer-scene-at-st-james_2281670_2487372

Newcastle fans can now buy the same football boots that the players wear, as well as getting their hands on rare football shirts from around the world, after part of the St. James' Park Club Store was taken over by Soccer Scene.

The company is one of the longest-established football stores in the UK, with its flagship store in Carnaby Street, London.

Soccer Scene supplies football boots to professional players under the Soccer Scene Elite banner, and they are now on sale in the St. James' shop. Top-of-the-range shinpads, footballs and other accessories are also available.

In addition, there are shirts from teams all over Europe and even further afield, from Sporting Lisbon to Barcelona to Roma to Atletico Madrid, and international teams too.

And the club benefits from each sale on a commission basis, meaning increased revenue for the Magpies.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Don't think that's too bad an idea on the face of it. Each time I go into the shop there is so much boring crap everywhere so a bit of variety is always nice.

WUM.

Aye but only a 'few sleeps' till he can pop in and buy a rare Barcelona shirt.

It's so annoying that they don't even bother to differentiate their 'brands', too. Look at the SD, Lillywhites and this Soccer Scene websites one after the other. Only difference is the colour scheme and logo ffs. :lol:

Don't think that's too bad an idea on the face of it. Each time I go into the shop there is so much boring crap everywhere so a bit of variety is always nice.

WUM.

Really?

Not really sure what your issue is with it?

Other than the main NUFC stuff, the current shop IS full with a load of chat. Surely it's better to rent out some of that space and increase the clubs turnover?

I would have thought being able to buy proper boots and shin pads etc would appeal to quite a few.

Can't see the downside really.

Soccer Scene aka SportsDirect

It's f***ing rubbish selling other teams stuff in the club store btw.

yup. i'd see the idea of selling france, ivory coast, argentina shirts printed up but the idea of selling other club shirts doesn't sit well with me like

Guest Haris Vuckic

I've never seen one like but I'm seldom in the club shops I'd rather go for a pint because I have a problem I'm not that bothered about buying overpriced cack*.

*and yes that means I avoid Shearers.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Aye. Real, Bayern, etc. National teams, too.

Oh well! As I say I've never seen it but I've no reason to doubt you! :)

Guest johnson293

Pretty sure other clubs do it. I know Barca have a massive Nike store alongside their club store.

That makes it ok.

Aye - don't see it as a problem, really.

Its not as if they're gonna stop selling NUFC shirts, clothing, merchandise, etc.

Fans do buy certain other clubs shirts - so if they decide to buy those shirts at the store at the ground rather than Sports Direct, or any other sports shop on the high street, then its more revenue into the club, no?