Newcastle United 5 - 1 Cardiff City - 05/02/10 - post match reaction from p22

Dave

Steve Stone pointed out exactly what a lot have been saying. That purely by having Routledge there it frees up Jonas to be twice the player because they cant afford to double up on him. Just think when Enrique is back with Routledge on the right with Simpson. And a mobile midfield if we're pushing it. :fwap:

TBF a lot of posters on here were saying the exact same thing (not me - not that i disagreed) the day he signed.

Steve Stone pointed out exactly what a lot have been saying. That purely by having Routledge there it frees up Jonas to be twice the player because they cant afford to double up on him. Just think when Enrique is back with Routledge on the right with Simpson. And a mobile midfield if we're pushing it. :fwap:

yep yep, makes a massive difference to how we attack.

though van aanholt seems good going forward, pity he's not a right back.

Guest Stephen927

Just got back in from the game. Van Aanholt and Jonas were linking up well in the first half, van Aanholt hitting the ball off Jonas' back was pure comedy, obviously get on well with each other.

Once again, couldn't be happier for Peter Lovenkrands.

Guest icemanblue

Fucking brilliant that like! Lost has got a lot to live up to now!

We played some good stuff tonight for a change. I thought Cardiff were meant to be decent?

Guest neesy111

good goals, thought carroll should of really put the 2nd goal away away (when he hit the post) also best's chance shud of been tucked away

5 strikers all capable of scoring at least, been awhile since we had that

Guest Stephen927

Huzzah. Some very nice bits and bobs in there, Lovenkrands' second was a right little peach.

Cross from Simpson for Carroll's second looked class.

It was spot on, absolutely perfect for Carroll.

Very good win for you tonight, scored early to put the game out of reach of Cardiff, see if we can respond tomorrow, we were looking very leggy against Blackpool towards the end, 5 games in 15 days this will be 6 in 18, I am not over confident but we will see. :frantic: Enjoy your day of peace tomorrow, just watch gloat and enjoy!

good goals, thought carroll should of really put the 2nd goal away away (when he hit the post) also best's chance shud of been tucked away

Best was offside then, anyway. Agree he should have still found the net, although that's easy to say from my couch.

Best was offside then, anyway. Agree he should have still found the net, although that's easy to say from my couch.

Had a great chance later on, bizarrely opted to try and turn the defender inside instead of shooting.